Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Aug 2017, 16:41 (Ref:3760205)   #2951
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Hence why it's styled, not a copy.

It has the design elements.
Do pray tell, how does being 'styled' change the fact that 'I' think it would look better with horizontal oriented lights like the Acura road cars have?!

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 16:43 (Ref:3760206)   #2952
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
woa that is awesome,sorry caddy looks like I got a new favorite dpi!

im going to the rolex reunion on sunday,hopefully it'll be on display there.....
Old 18 Aug 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3760209)   #2953
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as for the head lights,i think they look good and have acura styling,the Cadillac,nissan,and mazda have lights that are not from any road cars but have styling incorporated. Also you gotta think about lighting on a track even though the only three races in the dark are brighter now,horizontal light beems might not be a good as vertical beams.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3760212)   #2954
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
as for the head lights,i think they look good and have acura styling,the Cadillac,nissan,and mazda have lights that are not from any road cars but have styling incorporated. Also you gotta think about lighting on a track even though the only three races in the dark are brighter now,horizontal light beems might not be a good as vertical beams.
I respect your opinion, that you like the lights as they are. As to the 'lighting' on track, with the orientation being horizontal the top light would be in the same general area as it is in the vertical. Also, they are aim-able.

Such as Matt posted below, the lower right image ...

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 17:55 (Ref:3760218)   #2955
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!

https://scontent.fbos1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a3&oe=5A32A492
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3760221)   #2956
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bog standard Oreca 07 rear. Could've done with new lights or something, but it'll do.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3760223)   #2957
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Dont fix what's not broken?
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3760225)   #2958
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Do pray tell, how does being 'styled' change the fact that 'I' think it would look better with horizontal oriented lights like the Acura road cars have?!

L.P.
What if I told you they actually are more horizontal overall than vertical?

That is...yeah.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3760227)   #2959
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What if I told you they actually are more horizontal overall than vertical?

That is...yeah.

It looks better from this angle, from the other they looked completely vertical. Don't get me wrong, I love that it is here and it does look pretty good!

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3760232)   #2960
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Dont fix what's not broken?
It's a bit cheeky for IMSA to go ask Nissan (or Onroak) to go make more modifications when this isn't much more. With a BoP system it doesn't really matter either.

Caddy feels like a middle ground, but I feel like the only car which really fits into the vision of the DPi regulations is the Mazda. The others are fine, and it's nice they are here, but I was hoping for a bit more than a wing and some black paint on an Oreca.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:25 (Ref:3760233)   #2961
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Maybe changes will be made, it's just the reveal afterall and not the final race car... right?

live now https://www.facebook.com/TeamPenske/
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:31 (Ref:3760236)   #2962
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It's a bit cheeky for IMSA to go ask Nissan (or Onroak) to go make more modifications when this isn't much more. With a BoP system it doesn't really matter either.

Caddy feels like a middle ground, but I feel like the only car which really fits into the vision of the DPi regulations is the Mazda. The others are fine, and it's nice they are here, but I was hoping for a bit more than a wing and some black paint on an Oreca.
Acura at least changed the headlights.

I love it from the front 3/4 angle.

Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3760242)   #2963
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first test of Acura's new ARX-05 DPI in the U.S. will take place next week at Road Atlanta.
Penske also confirmed the team will enter Petit Le Mans – IMSA's season finale at the same circuit – in October with a stock WEC LMP2-spec ORECA 07 powered by a Gibson V8 engine to get his Acura staff up and running in competition before the ARX-05's debut at Daytona in January.
Penske would expect that the team do 12-hour tests with [the Acuras] before they go to Daytona.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14329...-petit-le-mans
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3760244)   #2964
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut

It's growing on me fast.

That looks cool.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3760251)   #2965
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Headlights are too big for me, but otherwise it is okayish.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3760254)   #2966
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wew. Well, it looks like a Honda.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3760255)   #2967
TF110
Veteran

United States
I like it. Bet it looks better irl and on track.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3760261)   #2968
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Still don't 'understand' the front end: is the wing connected to the regular nose-cone or only to the wheelhouses?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire 526G dual sim mit Tapatalk
Old 18 Aug 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3760262)   #2969
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Nose and fenders.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 20:32 (Ref:3760263)   #2970
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
I'm the only person here that likes the fins, yes?
No, I do too - I felt they looked better on open-top cars, but ever since they started implemented the wing mounts into them they've looked fine.

I'm sure they could be made to look better without compromising their intended purpose(maybe an outwards angle on the back, or having it slope down into the engine cover), but it looks fine and I'd rather they keep it like this as long as it's helping to prevent cars from taking flight - which is does seem to be doing very well.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3760265)   #2971
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or maybe a crescent shaped cutout at the back.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 20:54 (Ref:3760269)   #2972
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Still don't 'understand' the front end: is the wing connected to the regular nose-cone or only to the wheelhouses?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire 526G dual sim mit Tapatalk
Looks to be connected to the nose also ... in the top set of thumb nails at the far right it shows the nose.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14329...nveiled#!gqMUE

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3760274)   #2973
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Looks to be connected to the nose also ... in the top set of thumb nails at the far right it shows the nose.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14329...nveiled#!gqMUE

L.P.
This image gives a better look, and there does appear(they're pained like the lower part of the nose, and the dark color blends in) to be a couple of small posts connecting it to the nose.

Old 18 Aug 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3760276)   #2974
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 18 Aug 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3760281)   #2975
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Brake ducts look to be much larger than on the Oreca.