Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 28 Mar 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3049875)   #176
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
New thread for 4x4s. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132536
Old 28 Mar 2012, 10:30 (Ref:3049948)   #177
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Almost off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
To add to the thread topic, I reckon an S2000 is okay for a man. Any car that revs comfortably to 9000rpm definitely isn't for hairdressers (to use the oft-quoted stereotype).
In the first post on this thread the E-Type was mentioned, and this reminded me. An S2000 is almost as quick as an E-Type. So half the engine size equates to almost 50 years progress! Is that the car equivelent of Moore's law?
Old 28 Mar 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3049953)   #178
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
To me they look a bit oldster. They were popular cars for rich guys to give to mistresses or daughters and you can find tons of them dirt cheap for sale in South Florida.

I like the later SL500's like around 2001 or so. Here in the USA you can get a nice one for around $15-$25K. I've actually looked at those as I have wanted a convertible for a fun car and they are solid enough, look good without being over the top and have some speed.
Yes I know - the key thing is 'were popular', but at least here you hardly see them nowadays, so in a sharp colour with some new wheels and the Euro headlights not the slapped on US setup I think they'd look good. I suppose yours had some huge bumpers stuck on too, so you'd have to make it an early one with chrome bumpers. The new-gen R230 SL500 is $60k+ here, you'd get a 1991 for $25k...
Old 28 Mar 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3050202)   #179
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
In the first post on this thread the E-Type was mentioned, and this reminded me. An S2000 is almost as quick as an E-Type. So half the engine size equates to almost 50 years progress! Is that the car equivelent of Moore's law?
As fast or as quick?
Old 28 Mar 2012, 21:07 (Ref:3050205)   #180
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In a straight line. I assume that a half decent pedaler could get a S2000 somewhere quicker. Although I suspect this wasn't the case in this example!
Old 18 Apr 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3061625)   #181
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
At long last I've got Mrs Tim's MGB home. After it not running for 7 years (apart from five minutes a few months ago) it started first time today. It looks like it needs a new rad and the hoses are perished so that's the first job after I get it MOTd on Saturday.
Old 19 Apr 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3062230)   #182
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
I thought this thread was now about 4x4's of questionable manliness!
Old 19 Apr 2012, 20:31 (Ref:3062263)   #183
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Dunno, I'm going off what the thread title says.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 06:17 (Ref:3062453)   #184
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry, you're right. This one was split, then died, but then so did the other one. Why don't you start a thread in classics about the B?