Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Feb 2017, 02:42 (Ref:3712262)   #2326
Makaze
Racer

Makaze has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post

So. Marshall Pruett, and many others have been told wrong as well? Like, told wrong by the organization running it, and the motor company itself? Dude. Don't even. You'll just be embarrassed.
What does Pruett know? He just wrote the rumor that everybody knew the past 6 months to get hits on his site...no solid info.

The only solid info now is on the hiring side and that is where most of the leaks are coming from.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 02:54 (Ref:3712263)   #2327
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

So. Marshall Pruett, and many others have been told wrong as well? Like, told wrong by the organization running it, and the motor company itself? Dude. Don't even. You'll just be embarrassed.
'Honda' DPi could be a general term, as in the Honda group. Pruett's article didn't say what it will be badged btw. Doesn't matter, neither Acura nor Honda currently have a nice design language. But if they join and win, it'll be great.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3712295)   #2328
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaze View Post
What does Pruett know?
Much more than you think. To suggest he wrote something for clickbait... well... that's possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. He isn't that kid of a journalist.

I suppose that Graham Goodwin is wrong as well? Stop it. You are making yourself look beyond silly.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Feb 2017, 06:29 (Ref:3712296)   #2329
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
'Honda' DPi could be a general term
It's not. This is a Honda DPi that will be badged as a Honda run by Penske.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Feb 2017, 06:34 (Ref:3712297)   #2330
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's not. This is a Honda DPi that will be badged as a Honda run by Penske.
Until it's raced or a press release is put out, nothing anyone says is official. So this argument is pointless. Too often people are portraying themselves as insiders and then their information is wrong, so I don't think anyone should say their words are right while others are wrong.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 07:17 (Ref:3712310)   #2331
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Until it's raced or a press release is put out, nothing anyone says is official. So this argument is pointless. Too often people are portraying themselves as insiders and then their information is wrong, so I don't think anyone should say their words are right while others are wrong.
Okay.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 12:47 (Ref:3712384)   #2332
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaze View Post
What does Pruett know?

Too bad Dinner w/ Racers was focused so much on Racer comments. They'd have a field day with the punditry on this place.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3712386)   #2333
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post

Too bad Dinner w/ Racers was focused so much on Racer comments. They'd have a field day with the punditry on this place.
Right?!?

The amount of industry professionals that are here either active or lurking might reaaaaaaally surprise some people.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3712403)   #2334
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aye, the amount of professionals here would surprise people. Because professionals don't sit and make constant claims about things, hinting they have inside info. Professionals keep it professional.

Can we stop filling threads with "inside" knowledge with absolutely no information to back it up? We've been through all this before and it was ridiculous.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3712404)   #2335
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
The nda's are strong up in here.....

Old 15 Feb 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3712420)   #2336
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Aye, the amount of professionals here would surprise people.
That's the point I've made. Some of us don't rely on a paycheck from a motorsport venue. I have my friends, I share info I get when I feel like it. Am I an "insider"? No. Because that's a stupid elitist title given by those who need to feel important, or used by those who are jealous of something I guess. I spent years in the paddock of the ALMS, I still have many friends. If I ask them a question about something, sometimes I get an answer, other times I don't, other times I get clues and have to do the legwork.

I don't really care TBH. I'm not bound by any NDA's. If I hear something, I'll share it so long as it has some feet. If you, or anyone else doesn't want to believe me, well, that's on you... I sleep just fine at night.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 16:35 (Ref:3712424)   #2337
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That's the point I've made. Some of us don't rely on a paycheck from a motorsport venue. I have my friends, I share info I get when I feel like it. Am I an "insider"? No. Because that's a stupid elitist title given by those who need to feel important, or used by those who are jealous of something I guess. I spent years in the paddock of the ALMS, I still have many friends. If I ask them a question about something, sometimes I get an answer, other times I don't, other times I get clues and have to do the legwork.

I don't really care TBH. I'm not bound by any NDA's. If I hear something, I'll share it so long as it has some feet. If you, or anyone else doesn't want to believe me, well, that's on you... I sleep just fine at night.
Or maybe most people don't care who you knew in the ALMS paddock and just get annoyed by the whole ''Hey look at me!! I know things!!'' way a lot of your posts come off like. Never mind that on top of that the information you post is wrong more often than not as proven by pretty much anything you ever said about the Nissan LMP1.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3712426)   #2338
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
Never mind that on top of that the information you post is wrong more often than not as proven by pretty much anything you ever said about the Nissan LMP1.
Cool story. We've all moved on from that failure.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 18:02 (Ref:3712434)   #2339
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is getting childish.

There are a lot of posters here who really are "insiders." They tend to be the folks who never claim to have "inside information." And often, people who have no information, and Know they have no information, argue that since they don't know, no one else does.

If Honda is in talks with Penske about a DPi, and has been for a while (I have been hearing about it for a while, but Not from "insiders"--and I am Not an "insider") then it is pretty far along, because Penske is Very professional and never spends his own money (with the very few times he sponsored one of his own IndyCars when he had an ace driver but couldn't get funds for a particular race, when IndyCar was pretty much lame.)

If Honda and Penske are planning a DPi, they have been talking contracts, funding, property rights, promotion budgets, they have more lawyers on the case than mechanics on the NASCAR team. Roger Penske doesn't rush into stuff blindly.

We might not know the details (though some of us, maybe with HPD connections, probably know more) but i can guaranteee you, Penske is very detail-oriented, so if there is a cr planned for 2018, a lot of the details have already been worked out.

I'd imagine which branch of Honda will be nominally footing the bill and reaping the media rewards, has been decided already. That would be one of the first considerations, because for Honda, the whole project would be a media exercise, and which branch would get credit ... and which branch would have the cost written into its 2017 budget--would need to be decided in 2016.

This isn't some guy trying to decide on Wednesday whether to put tires on the car he has up on blocks in his back yard and drive in the local Friday night demolition derby, folks.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 18:22 (Ref:3712439)   #2340
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
HPD is gonna wheel out the ARX-04 as the biggest troll job in sports car history.
Old 15 Feb 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3712441)   #2341
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an Outside / Insider I am getting tired of all the CRAP

Any more of this CRAPOLA and I am going to call Joe Friday from DRAGNET

Joe is definately an Insider and WHEN he gets the BUNKO squad involved we will finally find out the TRUTH
Old 15 Feb 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3712442)   #2342
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
HPD is gonna wheel out the ARX-04 as the biggest troll job in sports car history.

you're wrong. Amr-One deserves that title
Old 15 Feb 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3712443)   #2343
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just so I'm clear, is the Alfa DPi that isn't happening is also going to badged as a Honda, correct?
Old 15 Feb 2017, 20:04 (Ref:3712450)   #2344
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Just so I'm clear, is the Alfa DPi that isn't happening is also going to badged as a Honda, correct?
Viper, you heard it here first
Old 16 Feb 2017, 04:20 (Ref:3712494)   #2345
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yep
Old 16 Feb 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3712600)   #2346
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Are you going to Sebring again Bob?
Old 16 Feb 2017, 14:12 (Ref:3712605)   #2347
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This Bob will be going to bSebring
Old 16 Feb 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3712617)   #2348
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
This Bob will be going to bSebring
This Bob too so see you there!
Old 16 Feb 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3712642)   #2349
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
This Bob too so see you there!
Not a Bob, but I too will be there.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3712876)   #2350
godlameroso
Racer

godlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgodlameroso should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to Sebring, I'm only 2 hours away.