Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 21 Feb 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3029077)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Doom Blue

Blue cars aren't the thing. Used they seem to sell for less than others. Surely better than grey?

Maybe they have a point. Here is a car people seem to like, but does this do it justice?

Do you have a blue car?
Show us your best blue car...
Old 21 Feb 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3029121)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blue is my favorite color and I like it on a lot of cars. That being said, I don't like the shades of blue being offered on most cars today... it's too bright. I want a darker shade. So I own two cars and one is black (and I mean everything is black) and my truck is dark red.

I think the Caddilac CTS looks great in blue, but if I bought one it would be in diamond white. The Nissan GTR and Corvette are two cars that I would consider buying in blue. All pick up trucks look great in dark blue.

I would still imagine that after silver, white, black, and grey that it is still the most popular color? I suppose style moves with the times as brown (and I mean real brown, not tan) is making a triumphant return. But where did green go? You never see new cars in green and it is mostly not offered. I'm ready for green to come back!

Edit... I have a small diecast of a TT on my desk at home. It's grey which is what that car looked best in.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 21:12 (Ref:3029128)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Green? Rarely does a car look good in green, especially that being offered today. IMHO.

And I seem to remember there was a statistic that green cars were more likely to be involved in crashes with some comedy theory about them not being seen.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3029136)   #4
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Green! To each his own I suppose.

Oh and I forgot two; the Jaguar XF and XJ both look great in blue.

The most difficult color to see on the road is silver. Many state patrols here paint their cars silver for that reason.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3029276)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Police cars tend to be silver, but the theory here is for resale value. Used to be white, but that fell out of favour, although it is back in.
Ones wanting to blend in could be anything.
Old 22 Feb 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3029318)   #6
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
There are some nice blues on modern cars:
Attached Thumbnails
100_0479.jpg  
Old 22 Feb 2012, 21:22 (Ref:3029635)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Could you post a picture of one
Old 22 Feb 2012, 23:48 (Ref:3029698)   #8
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
OK
Attached Thumbnails
The_2005_Saleen_S7.jpg  
Old 23 Feb 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3030047)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Wow. Very nice.
Bugattis are an exception too.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3030069)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had a Blue Fiat Punto, it was like it had a target on it.

Shopping trolley scratches at the wheel arches, a 7 series tank driver decided to it as a brake at a roundabout oh and 3 vehicle recalls for work to be carried out in the 2 years that I had it.

Never a Fiat again
Never a Blue Car again.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 21:18 (Ref:3030078)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some may say blue is the new black - there seem to be a few interesting performance models in nice shades of blue, particularly BMW.

I'm hoping that popularity will filter down by the time I sell my (blue) Subaru Legacy diesel...
Old 24 Feb 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3030257)   #12
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
I've always thought Subaru did a nice line in blue...
Attached Thumbnails
subaru-impreza-wrc2006.jpg  
Old 24 Feb 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3030263)   #13
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Erm shelby anyone?????
Old 24 Feb 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3030266)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
I've always thought Subaru did a nice line in blue...
I did have one that looked a bit like that once.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3030271)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Yes please!

Ferrari 458 Italia in Tour de France blue!!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods