Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Mar 2004, 16:28 (Ref:896058)   #1
911gt1
Rookie

911gt1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alfa in the US

A couple of years ago there was talk of General Motors brining Alfa Romeo back to the US. Lately, I've heard nothing about this. In the mean time, I've fallen in love (from afar) with the 147 and 156 models. Anyone know if we'll ever see Alfas stateside again?
Old 6 Mar 2004, 16:34 (Ref:896061)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like no good, they were coming in 05 but delayed it a few more years, the market is stinking saturated anyway with cars, if the manufacturers pare down a bit it would be a great alfa market, but with VAG (VW/AUDI) being a annoying with their Jetta/a4/passat/golf running around and all the other econo boxes crowding the plate (nissan sentra, hondas, kias, hyundai, foci, suzuki) a glorious 156GTA is really going to struggle for a hold especially if we would expect a full Alfa Romeo line, and it would most likely fecth a premium.
Old 7 Mar 2004, 00:19 (Ref:896383)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More information

Quote:
Originally posted by gttouring
looks like no good, they were coming in 05 but delayed it a few more years, the market is stinking saturated anyway with cars, if the manufacturers pare down a bit it would be a great alfa market, but with VAG (VW/AUDI) being a annoying with their Jetta/a4/passat/golf running around and all the other econo boxes crowding the plate (nissan sentra, hondas, kias, hyundai, foci, suzuki) a glorious 156GTA is really going to struggle for a hold especially if we would expect a full Alfa Romeo line, and it would most likely fecth a premium.
Also, there were some management changes and multiple internal `re-allignments'. GM `lost interest' about the time it picked up Daewoo. As a sidelight, the ventilation controls (knobs, levers) for the new Chevrolet `trucklet' came right out of the A-R parts bin. The design group styled the interior to co-ordinate with the a/c knobs.