Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Dec 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3174974)   #1
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
netKar Pro new release?

This has now been re-released as a boxed version and there seems to be renewed interest. I haven't done much simracing in a while but I'm very impressed.

There are a limited number of cars but they are all modelled very well (hatchback, single seaters, hillclimb, vintage GT) and a lot of available tracks (real world and some really good fictional ones). Tyre models are more convincing than either Rfactor or Iracing... best all round sim at the moment I would say.

I can't understand why its so low profile. Maybe because there is no offline race mode other than private practice? Anyone else tried it?
Old 4 Dec 2012, 22:58 (Ref:3175171)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe also coz Asetto Corsa is in development which takes NetKar on to a higher level.

But to be honest thee is very little suff coming from them, its quiet, even though their model and physics are very good.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3175833)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've never tried this, but looking at the site, there seem to be only a limited number of cars and tracks for something that's been around a while. Why would I want to pay €14.90 for what appears to be so little? Is there an extensive modding community for it like rFactor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post

I can't understand why its so low profile. Maybe because there is no offline race mode other than private practice? Anyone else tried it?
Sorry, just re-read your post. Can you only race online? That's rather peculiar.....
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3175839)   #4
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can download almost every current F1 track plus a lot of other classic circuits (Goodwood, Snetterton, Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Crystal Palace, Brands, Nurburgring etc).

The open wheel cars are FF1600, FF1800, Formula Abarth (Italian series) F3 and GP2 - so there's plenty to race. They are all VERY well modelled - unlike some of the Rfactor junk.

You can test offline. All racing is online. I guess that's what makes it more 'real' for some...
Old 6 Dec 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3175841)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not an open-wheeler fan really. I see a couple of GT cars - anything else?

Frankly, not being able to race offline is a big enough downer for me. Why would that not be included???
Old 6 Dec 2012, 17:17 (Ref:3175850)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Just downloaded the demo out of curiosity. Running a FF around a track with no company isn't exactly great fun. There was no sign of life at all for any servers to race online - should there have been?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3175852)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Running a FF around a track with no company isn't exactly great fun.
Then you're not going fast enough mate!

I've only just started driving it but servers don't seem to get busy until early evening - there are quite a few Italian players. You should be able to get a race or two with the Abarth 500 at Interlagos later this evening - the Italian guys choose a track a fortnight and race on it, with an 'official' points scoring championship race at the end. There are some decent drivers so its worth putting in the practice beforehand.

The other cars are a hillclimb/prototype-sports car (great fun) and two 60s GT cars.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3175948)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But I've only got the FF......

The graphics and handling seem good, but it needs a lot more than it has on offer to make me part with €15......