Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 27 Aug 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1392596)   #26
enduro81
Rookie

enduro81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use ebay to sell originally, but ended up buying too much anyway. Last week I picked up 85 mint condition early Grand Prix International magazines for 55 pence! If only it always worked like that...
Old 30 Aug 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1394435)   #27
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Programme from the legendary 1992 BTCC season-ender at Silverstone, and it's signed by Rubens Barrichello, Pedro Diniz and Phillipe Adams who all went on to (ahem..) F1 glory. Only problem is, time has rendered the signatures barely legible, so i don't think i could flog it for much.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1423134)   #28
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
It fetched £45.76......

May be time to dust off my old Le Mans progs.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1423136)   #29
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I have a Programme from the legendary 1992 BTCC season-ender at Silverstone, and it's signed by Rubens Barrichello, Pedro Diniz and Phillipe Adams who all went on to (ahem..) F1 glory. Only problem is, time has rendered the signatures barely legible, so i don't think i could flog it for much.
The Adams and Diniz signatures would easily have an effect on the value. Cutting it by half, I reckon.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 06:38 (Ref:1425038)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You'd be lucky to get a fiver for it anyway - from my experience.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 15:07 (Ref:1446781)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All is quiet on this thread, so I'll have to loose the sticky......
Old 29 Oct 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1446799)   #32
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's a pity.

Out of impulse I bought a 1/18th scale RS200 this week on eBay. It brings my model collection to two, the other being Laurent Aiello's 1999 Nissan Primera in 1/43rd scale.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1446802)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
That's a pity.

Well, if people keep posting to it, I might change my mind.......

So what have I bought recently? Nothing motorsport related.

1. A set of ice/inline hockey netminder pads.......

2. A wide angle lens for my camcorder (99p - couldn't believe it )

3. A slide guitar tuition CDRom
Old 29 Oct 2005, 15:31 (Ref:1446810)   #34
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it'd actually scare me the money I spend on eBay.

Recent months have seen me buy a camera, RS200 mentioned above, 1GB memory card (not cheap!)..
Old 3 Nov 2005, 03:54 (Ref:1451039)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've got some more CDs - Michael Karoli and Phantomband..... And a little stopwatch for £17 which I've seen advertised elsewhere for £175.......
Old 3 Nov 2005, 15:57 (Ref:1451364)   #36
shinchley
Rookie

Wales
Attleborough (Norwich), UK
shinchley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah id i bought rob collards door from mondello ..... why ??? i'll never know
Old 4 Nov 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1452000)   #37
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I sold Rob Huffs wing mirror from silverstone.

I sold a mother load of models

I was amazed at how much Rally cars of any sort fetch.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1452861)   #38
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Works for rally books too, usually.

Reminds me - must sort out my duplicate Rallycourses sometime soon.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 10:42 (Ref:1453284)   #39
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got a bit addicted over the last few months and sold quite alot of stuff that was just sitting in my loft. In fact so much stuff went that it has paid for a new D-SLR that was brought on - you guessed it ebay.

Some of the things that have gone had what I thought alot of sentmental value, but as it turned out I was was quite glad to wave it off.

Items sold include an old 1/12 RC car from the mid 80's sold to Japan that raised more money than I would have dreamed, another 1/10 R/C again from the 80's sold well to. Alot of old spares, again for old RC cars have also been snapped up.

There seems to be a ready market for old slot cars, some old airfix ones that where rubbish on the track compared to Scaletrix where popular and most of my old cars going to go at some point soon.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1453440)   #40
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Over the last year or so I have sold a lot of stuff without using ebay, but it looks increasingly likely that this will be the route to go now that the wife has set her sights on moving.
Have never bought or sold on ebay but find it useful to see if there is any value in my old books, mags, videos and models.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1453952)   #41
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
eBay is terribly addictive; I banned myself from using it for about 5 months earlier this year but I have recently purchased a few items quite cheaply for a classic car I recently purchased. Will have to put the brakes on (er .... not literally!) again soon, though!
Old 7 Nov 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1454206)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I;ve just bought another lens for my camcorder as well as a battery (for the same) for less than £4 including postage (selling in the shops for £20+).
Old 7 Nov 2005, 18:16 (Ref:1454456)   #43
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I can never find any bargains on ebay.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 22:40 (Ref:1454748)   #44
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
I can never find any bargains on ebay.
Well damn you don't look too hard.

I've mostly been a seller on ebay(7 years now, on and off), but do buy stuff from time to time. In fact I have bought 2 Audi A4s on ebay. One I owned for 3 years and then sold it and bought the one I have now. Already put 20,000 miles on it in 14 months. Saved $6,000 off retail, clean carfax and records, looked brand new and still does.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 11:18 (Ref:1455084)   #45
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bought some Ralliart seat belt bads for 1p!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1455090)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, that's a real bargain, even adding postage costs!

O.K, I reckon this has generated enough activity to warrant resticking, Ayse, so I have!
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1455198)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fair enough John...

I bought a hockey DVD for nipper last night - on his strict promise that he'd pay me back (yeh, that's another tenner that'll never see the light of day...... ).

It always used to amuse me when people said that their items came from a "smoke and pet free environment". But as an ex-smoker of 17 months now, I really notice things which have come from a household where people have obviously smoked. The neat little combination wide-angle/tele lens I bought arrived yesterday. Good item, but its cardboard box (which was otherwise in good nick) absolutely reeked of smoke. I had to take it out of the study, the smell was annoying me sooo much......
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:28 (Ref:1455360)   #48
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
I tell a lie. I did buy some wingmirrors for my car (to colour code) for 99p..

Think is I got my roman numerals mixed up. Read MkIV as MkVI (doh!) And they were useless..

I did though pick up a 1987 BTCC video for about £20..when others were going for £70 odd.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1455409)   #49
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I must confess to having bought loads of stuff over ebay over the last couple of years with the exception of the self imposed ban mentioned above. Motor racing books and programmes and car spares, mainly. It got to the point where my Wife and the postman were constantly sharing a joke about all the parcels ..... at least I think that's what they were doing!

Know what you mean about smokers, Ayse; I got a box of Lledo models today, for selling on, and as soon as I opened it, I knew that it came from a smoker's household! No offense to smokers; just saying that I noticed it, strongly!
Old 9 Nov 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1456343)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeh. It ought to be a requirement in all categories to state whether the item comes from a smoke-free home......

Bought "Solid Gold Easy Action" - live album from the Ramones in Offenbach on their 1992 German tour last night for £1.99. A steal bearing in mind the rarity. That means I now have three albums each containing a different show from that same tour - Offenbach, Stuttgart and Berlin.........