Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 May 2000, 12:37 (Ref:664)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it seem to anyone else that the Cranky One has turned up the whine-o-meter this race weekend? Every time I have read anything he has to say about the weekend, and he is definitely not very quick (compared to his usual standard, of course, he's still right up there), is some kind of complaint about the car, the track, the weather, everything but Aliens. DC is the one having the car probs, and he remains commendably quiet and cool, for public consumption anyway. Also no shots of Heidi looking worried ... of course, the only way Heidi ever looks (to me) is vacuous ... I've seen more animation from Barbie.

Does anyone else have the sense that the Cranky One is losing it this weekend?
Old 6 May 2000, 13:53 (Ref:665)   #2
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My live online TExt updates don't tell me stuff like that but hey it is better than nothing live F1 rulez.

But I proberbly belive all you said is true. I know Mika would be sayin that.
Old 6 May 2000, 21:49 (Ref:666)   #3
Raelene
Rookie

Raelene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
seems to me that the two whiners this season are Mika Hakkinen and Rubens Barichello..... just shut up and drive would you.
Old 6 May 2000, 22:04 (Ref:667)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Raelene! We sat opposite the podium at Silverstone and, as usual when he didn't win, Hakkinen sulked - buggering off and leaving his trophy on the podium for someone else to collect. I wondered at the time whether he had made a quick getaway in order to think up some excuse for not winning. It's like 'Our Nige' all over...
Old 6 May 2000, 22:45 (Ref:668)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, if Mika Hakkinen doesn't win this weekend I think he can forget the whole season.
Especially when Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard are finishing in front of him.
I don't know what's the matter with the flying Fin but it's interesting to see he hasn't delivered since the pitlane speed limiters have changed from the rear to the front wheels.
Ooh, I feel another conspiracy theory raising its ugly head. Uh no, not really!
Old 7 May 2000, 00:30 (Ref:669)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Everyone said that the pressure was getting to him toward the end of last season. I think it has got to him now. He always struck me as a sort of Jacques Lafitte - put him in the right car on the right day and he was quick ... give him a midfield car on a tough day and you wouldn't see him at all.

Anyway i'm glad it wasn't just me paying too much attention to a temporary aberration.
Old 7 May 2000, 01:03 (Ref:670)   #7
IAM
Rookie

IAM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which ever way you look at it, to win 3 titles in a row is very difficult. I'm not justifying the whining, but it is obviously hard to take...not winning that is.

Ian
Old 7 May 2000, 01:22 (Ref:671)   #8
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Liz put it perfectly. If everything is correct he is quick, something slightly wrong and he's slow. If Mika doesnt win this weekend, he will have no one to blame but himself. Considering this is a track where Mclaren are supposed to be dominant, it doesnt look good for them for the rest of the season.
Old 7 May 2000, 02:36 (Ref:672)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been a big Mika fan since he appeared at Lotus almost ten years ago. He is not the same driver this season; for whatever reason, the fire doesn't seem to there. I'm in perfect agreement, if the car isn't perfect, he seems to lose his incentive to continue. I found his reticent manner in the past charming, but this recent round of surlieness is not the way to maintain the support of the fans. I think his days in F1 are numbered; he is obviously not enjoying it anymore. From this point on, I'm behind DC to tackle TGF.
Old 9 May 2000, 10:59 (Ref:673)   #10
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah it should be DC's year but it is starting not to look like it