Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 9 Feb 2011, 13:40 (Ref:2828421)   #1
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tapatalk - A Brilliant way to read forums like this on your smartphone

I have a request: Please configure this forum to be able to use tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a powerful iphone, android, nokia, Blackberry and Windows 7 mobile application that allows you to easily and comprehensively post and navigate the forum using your smartphone or tablet pc, you can even access your PM's

Another forum I frequent uses it and it is absolutely brilliant.

There is a free forum plug-in that can be downloaded: vBulletin is supported.
*So basically the forum owner/administrator installs a free plug-in to the forum and we - the users get the app from our respective app stores/market and then we use the forum via the application on our phones.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

*I sent a PM to the admins weeks ago, but I guess it got lost in the pile, so I want to see if there a ground swell of support from forum users with smartphones who would be interested in having a such a feature available to them.

Please post a reply if this is something that you would like to see.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2828586)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's under consideration, however to be honest, given the increased penetration of smartphones with full size browsers I'm always wondering whether it's worth adopting any "app" based technology.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 20:13 (Ref:2828681)   #3
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find the website fine in full-fat mode most of the time, although the bar that follows you around (I've disabled it now) can get in the way an awful lot.
Old 9 Feb 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2828803)   #4
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
It's under consideration, however to be honest, given the increased penetration of smartphones with full size browsers I'm always wondering whether it's worth adopting any "app" based technology.
It's very worth it, An app like tapatalk is much faster to load, the page is always perfectly optimized for your screen . A full browser is fiddly as you scroll around the screen, pinch and zoom, etc If you compress it on mobile view, the layout gets distorted and ugly.
An app is just a better experience, replying is fast an easy.
I have a Galaxy tab - 7 inch screen, fast CPU etc and even on a super fast wi-fi connection , browsing forums in a browser is annoying and I quickly give up.

Here are some screen shots of took of a random forum viewed on Tapatalk.

main contents page of one forum

topics within a subforum

the thread
Old 4 Oct 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2965505)   #5
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or just add a smartphone template... no need for extra apps like tapatalk.
Old 8 Oct 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2967673)   #6
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
Or just add a smartphone template... no need for extra apps like tapatalk.
or just get a decent smartphone that displays and processes the site in it's native form?

The site looks fine as it is on my iPhone 3GS.
Old 10 Oct 2011, 14:38 (Ref:2968733)   #7
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf View Post
or just get a decent smartphone that displays and processes the site in it's native form?

The site looks fine as it is on my iPhone 3GS.
Looks fine on my Desire HD but when you're talking about optimizing...
Old 11 Oct 2011, 09:49 (Ref:2969154)   #8
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tapatalk is by far the best / easiest / quickest way to use a forum and only requires the installation of a plugin to the site rather than creating a whole new template that only works well on x by y resolution.

There is nothing more irritating than getting sent to a websites "mobile" site which is optimised for a nokia 3310. If you have a smart phone you should absolutely definitely give tapatalk a go.

Also have a desire hd
Old 12 Oct 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2970001)   #9
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to have this forum on tapatalk
Old 17 Nov 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2987964)   #10
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't visited in 6 months - partly because my work don't allow any forum access at any time and also because I dont like all the scrolling and re-sizing required on an iPod touch. Shame as I used to be a daily visitor. Would be back in an instant with Tapatalk support. I'd even subscribe for access (within reason!) as it's worth it.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2988392)   #11
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another vote for tapatalk. It makes such a difference in browsing and posting, that I don't even bother viewing this forum on my phone because it is not offered. Phone = HTC Thunderbolt
Old 18 Nov 2011, 19:05 (Ref:2988396)   #12
jimbobs
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
jimbobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for Tapatalk. Most of my forum use these days in on my phone & Tapatalk makes it considerably easier.

Given the ease of implementation, I can't see a downside...
Old 18 Nov 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2988483)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobs View Post
Given the ease of implementation, I can't see a downside...
I can think of at least one from my point of view.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 14:10 (Ref:2988750)   #14
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
I can think of at least one from my point of view.
Well to be fair it would be something else to administer for you for sure. Your guys call as it's a lot more work for you than me! Still from my perspective having it means I visit daily - not having it means twice in six months. Not that my post content is necessarily worth having mind.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 14:16 (Ref:2988751)   #15
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Well to be fair it would be something else to administer for you for sure. Your guys call as it's a lot more work for you than me!
Not what I was thinking of, and to be honest it would be minimal extra admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Still from my perspective having it means I visit daily - not having it means twice in six months. Not that my post content is necessarily worth having mind.
We value everyones content!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 14:24 (Ref:2988757)   #16
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Well if advertising related (just guessing) then it's worth noting I have to zoom in to read or post so don't see ads at all.

And if not visiting at all then I obviously won't see them.

Hence why I wondered if it could be a subscriber thing.

Ta for replies!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 15:35 (Ref:2988775)   #17
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Well I never...

I wasn't expecting to be here via Tapatalk today!!! Ta even if only a test!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 15:49 (Ref:2988777)   #18
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
lol, yeah testing at the moment. Only because I now have a company Galaxy
Old 19 Nov 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2988780)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
At the moment tapatalk access is open to all registered users but will very likely become subscribers only in the near future.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2988782)   #20
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Awesome! That is terrific news. Will be delighted to contribute.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2988828)   #21
jimbobs
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
jimbobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent, 10 Tenths on the bus! Many thanks.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2988852)   #22
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gotta give this a try!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2988859)   #23
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Looking at this with Tapatalk now. Hope that this becomes permanent & you are able to overcome the downside magneton.

Funny, was searching for ten-tenths on Tapa last night but not there, now with this test, here it is.

Vote for Tapa for me too.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2988911)   #24
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Funny, was searching for ten-tenths on Tapa last night but not there, now with this test, here it is.
That would be because I only installed it this afternoon!
Old 20 Nov 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2989104)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't make it work on my blackberry so I've deleted it. A whole pst1.46 down the tubes.