Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Feb 2001, 18:45 (Ref:64740)   #1
janspeed
Rookie

janspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok so michael broke the lap record the first outing of the new ferrari but how significant was that ?

I belive the old lap record was set by luca in the f12000 and obviously luca is not as good driver as michael. Also michael had the new car fitted with year 2000 tyres so based upon this I don't belive the new ferrari is a fast as some people think it is !

Now how significant is Coulthards lap record while testing in what seems to be a unreliable mclaren. I belive he was using the year 2000 tyres... .

Old 14 Feb 2001, 21:10 (Ref:64760)   #2
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Fiorano you mean?

Taken into account that during (winter)testing there always will be something of an attempt to brake the trackrecord, you must conclude that it does say something when it gets actually broken. Testtimes are not conclusive but you can not argue that they are at least an indication of potential.

Coulthard? I don't know, I have a tendency not to care that much about DC in his McL.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 21:33 (Ref:64762)   #3
GasMan
Racer

GasMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a tendency not to take test times at face value anymore. Normally the test times are set on different fuel loads, tyres, chassis, etc. Regarding winter testing of course.

F1 is one of those sports that everything will only become clear when the race begins. Makes it exciting for us as fans though when we see the chance of a less dominant team turning times equal to the established teams though.
Old 14 Feb 2001, 22:12 (Ref:64775)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Wait a couple of weeks when you will see some really serious times on the track. Then in 16 days time, we have quals - that will be the defining moment of this season. Until then, just sit back and enjoy the fun - even Mazza had a fastest day at Estoril the other day, so everybody gets to be a hero sometime (except Minardi).
Old 14 Feb 2001, 22:46 (Ref:64789)   #5
elise
Rookie

elise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
minardi's time will come.

if i keep telling myself that maybe there's a possibility it might actually happen.

on reflection of that last statement, who am i trying to kid?
Old 15 Feb 2001, 18:56 (Ref:64919)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new management said it and I believe it - next year will be Minardi's year.

I'm going to be cheering for them (until Rico gets a regular drive again anyway ) to liven up the grid for us non-Front Four Fans.