Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 15 Mar 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1549245)   #76
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John,

Thank you very much for the work you have put in , it will make life a lot easier and will assist in progressing our investigations.

Bryan.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1549247)   #77
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Bryan. I forgot to add that the original thread remains intact and is a complete record of every post, so if I have missed anything out, or over edited, just let me know and I can rectify!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1549691)   #78
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks very much for all this work John

Will your closing note on the original thread provide links to all the new threads?

Allen
Old 15 Mar 2006, 18:59 (Ref:1549713)   #79
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I haven't created specific individual links but have pointed to the generic title. Take a look - is that O.K?
Old 15 Mar 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1549754)   #80
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll do. You're making them work though...
Old 15 Mar 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1549757)   #81
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

How about making a Lola T450/T550 thread next out of The T450 thread next?

I reckon it needs posts 15, 16, 17 (split), 18 (split), 19 (copy), 27 (copy), 28 (copy), 29, 30 (copy), 40 (copy), 41 (copy), 42 (copy), 70-75, 76 (copy), 83, 89, 90, 114 (copy), 118, 121 (copy), 129 (copy), 130 (copy), 131 (copy), 142-156 and 169 (copy).

Then I could add the T450 and T550 Lola records I got at Huntingdon today.

Allen
Old 15 Mar 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1549819)   #82
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Allen,

That's a bit of good work getting the records , what do we do with Col. Haste's T460 stuff , I haven't looked to refresh myself , but there is certainly T360 stuff and maybe T450/550 in there as well.

Bryan.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 21:23 (Ref:1549825)   #83
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Sorry Bryan, I've called that thread "The T450 thread" in my post above when it's actually the "F/Atlantic T460 info required" thread that Colin Haste started. Everything that's left after the T450/T550 material is removed makes a solid T460 thread.

Is there a second T460 thread somewhere?
Old 15 Mar 2006, 22:47 (Ref:1549895)   #84
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
It'll do. You're making them work though...
Mmmmmmm! There are 9 separate threads and maybe I'lll get around to putting links in, but I don't think that thread will be first port of call once word gets around.

Now, are you asking me to do the Lola T450/550 thread next? For consistency and to identify it for what it is can I add Chassis No. History to the title? There is method in my madness; I'm looking ahead a bit!

Incidentally, as well as Chevron stuff, I think we should be able to do a Ralt RT1 and RT4 one as well, igf you are interested.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 07:46 (Ref:1550066)   #85
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Hi John

My concern was an owner finding the old thread through a search, wanting to add a "you'll never guess what I've bought" and finding it locked. Not worth worrying about though.

Yes, the T450/550 thread would be a "Chassis No. History" thread like the other recent ones. I found Chevron B35 posts in that T460 thread as well, despite Chris having also started a B34-B39 thread. However, the T460 thread, once the T450 posts are trimmed, makes a good Lola T460/T560 "Chassis No. History" thread.

I'm going for the lowest hanging fruit at the moment.

Allen
Old 16 Mar 2006, 07:55 (Ref:1550069)   #86
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ok, l'll get around to putting these links in; I'm good to you, aren't I?

Right with the Lola's, I trim as per your earlier post so that we have an individual Lola T450/550 and a Lola T460/560 thread.

Also if you want to identify any 'stray' posts like the above mentioned B35 posts, I can copy or move them into the relevant threads, although I would only suggest we do that if said posts are relevant to the chassis history and don't duplicate info already contained there.
Old 16 Mar 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1550097)   #87
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

The stray Chevron B34 and B35 posts are as follows:

42 (copy/split up), 43 (ditto), 45, 47, 48, 49 (split), 59, 106 (copy) and 108 (copy).

They are relevant and are not direct duplication. Chronologically the bulk of them go before the February 2004 "Chevron B34-B39"thread so Chris may not want that B34-39 thread messed up.

By the way, the search facility won't see "B34-B39" as a match to a search for "B34" or for "B39" so it may be better to write the thread name as "Chevron B34 B35 B38 B39 - Chassis No. History" (as it doesn't include the B36 sports car or the B37 F5000").

Chris - are you happy with this change?

John - if I created a list of all the new "Chassis No. History" threads and their URLs, could we have (locked) sticky called "Chassis No. History index" so people have an easy way of seeing what topics have been started and what haven't?

Allen
Old 16 Mar 2006, 17:00 (Ref:1550355)   #88
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenbrown
John - if I created a list of all the new "Chassis No. History" threads and their URLs, could we have (locked) sticky called "Chassis No. History index" so people have an easy way of seeing what topics have been started and what haven't? Allen
I have no problem with that short term, although I'm endeavouring to seek a better long term solution!

I've been through this thread and the following have been mentioned and are outstanding:-

1) diz popped in a while back to mention the BT9
2) Chevron B29 - breakdown? (everyone?)
3) Modus and Argo racing history (Bryan)
4) Tui thread to be renamed? (Bryan)
5) Winkleman/Palliser thread to be renamed? (Bryan)
6) Allen's option around thread splits for Chevron B48s etc plus Another Chevron One plus merging?
7) Lola T450/550 & T460/560 threads? (Allen)
8) Rename B34-39 thread, (Chris?)
9) I need to check whether I have left in the mystery BTs on your sprint car post, Allen; not sure I did!

I'm not going to do any work on this for a few days, as I'm away from midday tomorrow for 48 hours or so. I can probably start again on Monday, so you have a few days to decide which you want me to progress first etc!
Old 16 Mar 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1550373)   #89
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

I think 4 and 5 were my idea. They aren't really working chassis by chassis but both have the potential as progress is being made offline. I would like to adopt them into this overall framework that seems to be emerging.

Another renaming to add to the list: my March 802 thread.

Allen
Old 16 Mar 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1550377)   #90
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Sorry Allen, I was going from memory; call it a 'senior' moment!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1550976)   #91
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
If you look at the top of this forum, you will see a new sub forum. I have requested that it be in alpahnumeric order, so that we don't have to index it. I'm about to put a few in there to check all is OK.

Last edited by John Turner; 19 Mar 2006 at 19:31.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1550994)   #92
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

John

Very interesting approach. That will certainly make them easy to find. Does this mean they will no longer appear in the main forum index or will they still be there but with "Moved" next to them? And will they still come up if you search the main forum?

Can anyone add a thread to that forum or would a thread need to be moved by you?

One minor point, which I should have spotted earlier, is that I'd personally prefer "Chassis History" to "Chassis Number History". It's the history of the chassis that we're concerned about, not the number that it might or might not have worn. The Zerex is a good example of a numberless car but we're also researching many Brabhams and Marchs where we may never know their number.

And it's one word less, which is always good!

Thanks

Allen
Old 17 Mar 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1551014)   #93
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Allen,

1) They should appear in the main forum search, but I will check
2) At this stage, anyone can add a thread, but clearly we reserve the right to alter the title so that it is consistent with the alphanumeric format, or to move it back into the main forum if it doesn't fit. Also because of the (ours/yours?) aims, posts should ideally be factual with not too many off topic remarks or too many exchanges of pleasantries etc. I'm hoping this will create a seriously useful tool for you guys!
4) There is, of course, no reason why you shouldn't start a thread in the main forum and we can move it to the sub forum suitably (if necessary) edited/pruned later
5) I was going to remove the 'Chassis No. History' part of the thread titles, anyway, in the light of the sub forum title. Do you want me to ask that the sub forum title be changed to your suggestion as well? (That is something I can't do myself)
6) I'll leave the redirects in the main forum for the time being (in which case the search will show them, anyway)
7) Are you happy with the altered colour scheme; that's how it has arrived but I understand it can be altered? Personally, sepia, brown and cream seems appropriate for history (reminds me of old photos!) but can be changed.

Finally, I was really hoping you guys would approve of this addition because it is the work we have been doing together on the Brabham stuff that has sown the seed in my head and driven this. Hope the idea was not misplaced. Any changes you would like to see, other than those above, just let me know, and I'll see if it can be done!

As I said yesterday, I'm off for a couple of days from later today, so I won't be able to respond to anything until late Sunday or even Monday, so don't worry if you don't see all the changes I've referred to above until then.

Last edited by John Turner; 17 Mar 2006 at 12:23.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 12:32 (Ref:1551042)   #94
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Hi John

I think it's looking good so far. I'm can't tell yet how it's going to work in terms of "findability" but the level of organisation we now have is a huge step forward.

Thanks for doing this.

Allen
Old 17 Mar 2006, 12:33 (Ref:1551045)   #95
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
5) I was going to remove the 'Chassis No. History' part of the thread titles, anyway, in the light of the sub forum title. Do you want me to ask that the sub forum title be changed to your suggestion as well? (That is something I can't do myself)
Yes please.

What do we think of moving the GRD thread in here? Even the ASD thread?

Allen
Old 17 Mar 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1551049)   #96
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ok, request now submitted for the removal of the word 'Number' from the sub forum title!

I'll have a look at the threads you have mentioned.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 12:48 (Ref:1551053)   #97
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
There seem to be at least 3 GRD threads. May need a bit of work and merging before ready for the sub forum?

Also not sure about the ASD one at this stage. I'll take your combined advice on this.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 12:53 (Ref:1551058)   #98
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
This seems like a good candidate although I haven't gone through the thread itself.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53758
Old 17 Mar 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1551107)   #99
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
This seems like a good candidate although I haven't gone through the thread itself.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53758
Definately include this thread.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1551110)   #100
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

I agree