Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Aug 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2935891)   #1
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTCRC Thruxton - A big one!

Get along to thruxton in just over a weeks time (13/14 Aug) to watch the CTCRC in action, support the British Truck Racing Championship, alongside the Mini's!

With races from the Post historics, Group 1 cars, Pre 93 tourers and a double header from the Classic thunder/boss boys!
Old 4 Aug 2011, 21:42 (Ref:2935970)   #2
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget the Pick-ups
Old 5 Aug 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2936044)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great shame I will be away as truck racing at Thruxton is a must see....
Old 5 Aug 2011, 07:12 (Ref:2936045)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Talking of truck racing, I will be out in old Bumble, my 2nd gen camaro I have heard they may let me enter a truck race based on the cars weight and size. Seriouslt though I'm still smarting a bit by BARC's decision to amalgamate the two races I entered two days before the cut off date for entries and the Monday after another meeting, not good as I wanted to race on both days and its pointless entering the car in Classic Thunder which I could do on the Sunday just to finish last or even Pre 93's which is on the same day and too much like hard work two races and two quallies on one day.
Old 5 Aug 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2936059)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble View Post
great shame I will be away as truck racing at Thruxton is a must see....

I can see you now, standing in the back of the L200 in your dungarees and a crate of Duff
Old 5 Aug 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2936063)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Joe the sight of trucks going through the chicane onto the start finish line has to be seen to be believed!! The paddock fraternity I admit are a tad different to Goodwood!!
Old 5 Aug 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2936064)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its the Civil Servants Members Club big day out so I would imagine a very mixed crowd.
Old 5 Aug 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2936301)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But a big one. They had a lot of guests at the Classic, and IIRC they have/used to have a big meeting at Brands. Or is this the replacement?
Old 5 Aug 2011, 20:43 (Ref:2936305)   #9
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think its the replacement http://www.csmaclub.co.uk/getinvolve...nts/bigweekend
Old 8 Aug 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2937445)   #10
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get down there guys!
Old 9 Aug 2011, 06:20 (Ref:2937517)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Need something to cheer us up thats for sure.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 9 Aug 2011 at 06:27.
Old 9 Aug 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2937609)   #12
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know this will sound a bit idiotish, but im looking for a timetable for 13th/14th, bought tickets and tbh i dont know whats supporting the trucks. Went last year and found it really fun so decided to go again
Old 9 Aug 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2937611)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Here you go. http://www.barc.net/images/stories/p...X131408_V5.pdf
Old 9 Aug 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2937613)   #14
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
see i looked all over the barc website, obviously didnt look hard enough, thanks
Old 9 Aug 2011, 16:31 (Ref:2937686)   #15
smit0811
Rookie

smit0811 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any idea of the grid sizes??
Old 13 Aug 2011, 06:33 (Ref:2939149)   #16
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About to head off to Thruxton. Some good support series and the trucks are always fun.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2939169)   #17
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never seen a car park jobsworth at Thruxton before, hope it's just a CSMA thing as I can easily avoid their meetings in the future.

Photo archiving and TMS for me today then.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2939681)   #18
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incar from The Bullet in the Classic Thunder race:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBzsibNXbb4
Old 15 Aug 2011, 06:21 (Ref:2939769)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
And some from my old Camaro in the combined Post Historic/Group 1 race whch unfortunately wasnt handiling to well after some retrograde suspension mods! Ops. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2v4sRyF39A
Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:03 (Ref:2939775)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
And some from my old Camaro in the combined Post Historic/Group 1 race whch unfortunately wasnt handiling to well after some retrograde suspension mods! Ops. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2v4sRyF39A
Come on Al tell us more.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:09 (Ref:2939776)   #21
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Cracking vidio Al,not got time to watch it all but your lines are perfect. Have you had a look at the bumpsteer on your car.Well done mate.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2939813)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
From you Iain I take that as a great compliment thanks. My problem was I did the old mistake of changing too many things on the suspension at the same time. You may recollect the car used to spin at the slightest hint of rain or slippery track and I discovered the rear shocks had ran out of droop travel after an inch or so. So i rectified that only to find it only drooped a nats cock more and the rear Anti Roll bar was stopping it. I had just previously dropped the 1.25 transam front AR bar down to a thinner 7/8ths one so I took the rear bar off altogether. The previous tw entries I had problems with gearbox and clutches so never really got to try it in anger till Saturday and found the car had a lot of roll and was bouncing around abit and I got understeer through Church and other places. I think I will put the TransAm bar back on the front and the light bar on the back but redo the mountings on the back so it has full droop. Apart from the handling the car, engine, rebuild gearbox, single plate competition clutch performed perfectly (do we over complicate things sometimes, I believe we do!).
Old 18 Aug 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2942403)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Hey Iain, just incase you thought I was making up excuses about excess roll take a look at this!!! And this was on the good side going into a left hander as I sit on that side, God alone knows what it looked like through a right hander!
Attached Thumbnails
2011ThruxtonRacePostHistoric47.jpg   2011ThruxtonPracticePostHistoric162.jpg