Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Dec 2007, 03:18 (Ref:2093634)   #1
evshez28
Rookie

evshez28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The v8supercar fan

The V8supercar Fan

I love the v8supercars, the best sport in the country. The holden ford rivalry, the presentation of the cars and the fabulous race tracks that we are treated to are just some of the things that make this sport great. Three years in a row we have been treated to a level playing field coming down to the last event of the year before a driver is crowned champion. A great testament to a point system that is second to none. The thing that is closest to my heart is the life style of a v8supercar fan. There is nothing better than being track side on race day. You get up a the crack of dawn dragging the family out of bed load the car and head off to be one of the first cars lining up waiting for the gates to open. You source the best position on the fence. You set up your shade marquee, table and chairs and fire up the BBQ and chuck some bacon and eggs on for the first meal of the day. Once you have food in your stomach you wonder off to the beer tent purchase a drink and go for a walk catching up with other fans doing the same thing, while you wait for the cars to hit the track. What a life. This year at Phillip Island this was taking away from us loyal fans, as no BBQs or shade marquees were allowed?? This was not advertised so we were left with no shade for the kids on a stinking hot day, when on the TV they promoted a family day event. I only had $10 dollars to pay for the track side parking and an esky full of meat that I could not cook as my gas bottle was taking of me at the gate! The racing was spectacular, probably the best I have seen for many years. It was too bad that it turned out to be such a disappointing day track side. I strongly suggest v8supercars Australia gets rid of these ridiculous rules for the 500 next year as these things are traditional to the v8supercar fan, and there were a lot of dejected fans down on the island this year.

Sun burnt and hungry v8supercar fan.

Old 22 Dec 2007, 04:17 (Ref:2093641)   #2
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Conditions of entry should be published by the promoter and read by the patron before making the journey down to the track. I'm wondering where they published the information.

I just read the back of my circuit admission pass and it does not mention that Hard Eskies, Glasware, Alcohol, Structures, swimming in the dam etc are banned. It also fails to mention on the ticket where I can seek this information.

I suggest you take this matter up with the promoters of the event. You can find their details in the event program.

I'd also suggest that you come along to the Tooradin Tractor Pull & Truck Show next month. Much closer to town, no worries with parking, bring as much beer as you can responsibly drink and if you like the sound and sight of two or three V8s or maybe a super charged Rolls Royce aircraft engine bolted onto a set of wheels competing for your pleasure get your kids and mates together for a fun day.....

You don't have to buy a pit pass, the drivers are a friendly bunch to chat with and you don't have to fork out 8 bucks for a Jimmy and coke.

See you there.