Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Oct 2015, 00:26 (Ref:3579865)   #201
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Creep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
You should see the ones I have of you! :ROFL:
Yikes.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 12:24 (Ref:3579947)   #202
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So I guess it was raining too much on Saturday for Road Atlanta to shoot off the fireworks at the end of Petit, so they did it on Monday night about the time the race would have ended. It had a lot of people in my 'hood going WTF?
Old 6 Oct 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3579972)   #203
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Pretty sure I had spotted the Dutchman in the orange suit at T2. You looked busy with the blue flag and I needed another beer....
Quote:
Was this you?
Nope. One of my Dutch buddies (there were 2 at T1/2). We all look alike in orange and even scarier at close range!

Btw, AWS (on the back of our suits) = Ain't Worth **** haha!
Old 6 Oct 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3579973)   #204
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
So I guess it was raining too much on Saturday for Road Atlanta to shoot off the fireworks at the end of Petit, so they did it on Monday night about the time the race would have ended. It had a lot of people in my 'hood going WTF?
Oh they shot them off, and we could see them through the mist but I guess they saved some for later and maybe the track workers found them.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 15:04 (Ref:3579974)   #205
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Nope. One of my Dutch buddies (there were 2 at T1/2). We all look alike in orange and even scarier at close range!

Btw, AWS (on the back of our suits) = Ain't Worth **** haha!
Ha! Well, glad I didn't bug your buddy then!
Old 6 Oct 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3580045)   #206
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess I am going to have to go back through all my closeups of corner workers I took over the weekend and see if I have one of you Coach.

and for jhammy and field, you should be used to those types of shots after looking for news on TMZ.......
Old 6 Oct 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3580082)   #207
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
and for jhammy and field, you should be used to those types of shots after looking for news on TMZ.......
Not sure if I should laugh or cringe.

Old 10 Oct 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3581222)   #208
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I forgot to thank Andrew again for showing up early and sharing his kitchen and cooking with us once again. It's the only time of year I eat breakfast and that **** is good!

Edit - And to canamman for bring in the straw which was a godsend especially after the race was called.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3581223)   #209
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Too bad I didn't get to see you guys, I worked T3 & 4 on test day with already 2 RV's showing up early but no familiar faces/Ten-Tenths names. Over on the other side of the track on Wed and down at 1 & 2 for Thu.

A twist of events forced me out of the remainder of the event but I cannot say I was too unhappy about that with the ever increasing amounts of water being dropped onto the area... Got to see bright sunny blue skies again as soon as we flew out and were back on the plains!

Hope y'all dry out quickly and keep swallowing that NyQuil for a while!
Next time if you see a bunch of flags between T3 and T4 marshal post, that's us.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3581228)   #210
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post

Edit - And to canamman for bring in the straw which was a godsend especially after the race was called.
You are very welcome. You guys are die hards to camp in quagmire conditions.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3581231)   #211
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
You are very welcome. You guys are die hards to camp in quagmire conditions.
We needed those extra bales you brought, you da man! And no matter the conditions it will still be the highlight of my year.

PS don't tell my wife that when our baby is born in a few weeks!
Old 21 Oct 2015, 15:24 (Ref:3584599)   #212
rbyrd1157
Rookie

rbyrd1157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cornhole is my favorite game for tailgating. Now that I have gotten older, I no longer want to play flag football because I don't want to get hurt. Plus my kids love this game, even though they can't beat the old man.

I bought a game from Baggo. I bought the UGA design, Go Dawgs!
Old 21 Oct 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3584628)   #213
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbyrd1157 View Post
Cornhole is my favorite game for tailgating. Now that I have gotten older, I no longer want to play flag football because I don't want to get hurt. Plus my kids love this game, even though they can't beat the old man.

I bought a game from Baggo. I bought the UGA design, Go Dawgs!
Are those boards plastic or wood?
Old 21 Oct 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3584672)   #214
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Are those boards plastic or wood?
ACC rules stipulate it should be hardwood / plywood.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3584762)   #215
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Caution! Personal interest note.

Quote:

PS don't tell my wife that when our baby is born in a few weeks!
How's the countdown coming along, do we have the newest 10/10th's member yet?
Old 22 Oct 2015, 15:13 (Ref:3584764)   #216
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
How's the countdown coming along, do we have the newest 10/10th's member yet?
Not yet. Next couple of weeks at the most.
Old 24 Nov 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3593032)   #217
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
There was talk about getting in the gates on Tuesday for next year, and Road Atlanta is offering this again this year. All you have to do is buy the $350 season pass:

Quote:
Next year, Road Atlanta Ultimate Fan Club members can pay one low price of $350 and attend every single spectator event at the track in 2016. On top of that, fans that purchase before December 15th can choose from one of the following:

Option 1: Purchase Ultimate Fan Club membership now and receive one free parking pass for the 19th Annual Petit Le Mans
Option 2: Purchase Ultimate Fan Club membership now and receive a free tent camping pass for the 19th Annual Petit Le Mans
Option 3: Purchase Ultimate Fan Club Membership now and receive Tuesday test day admission (entry at 8am on September 27th) to Petit Le Mans. If you choose this option and purchase overnight camping for the event as well ($50), you can stay inside the gates on Tuesday night (This was such a hit last year, we decided to offer it again!).
Hopefully Andrew sees this! Heck, I'd even be willing to buy his $50 camping pass if he gets the Fan Club membership and stakes our claim on Tuesday!
Old 11 Dec 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3597095)   #218
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
F.Y.I., Road Atlanta has been tweeting out pictures all week about a construction project that will help with drainage in the esses as well as 10-A&B.

Hopefully, this will help a great deal.

Also, across the street at Lanier it has a new sign renaming it "Lanier Raceplex" at the oval/infeed have all been repaved. It looks like Jim Downey is going quite a bit of work there to get it opening soon.
Old 11 Dec 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3597123)   #219
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I've been seeing some of those pics and I was actually quite impressed that they jumped into action that quick to try and improve things.
Old 12 Dec 2015, 02:27 (Ref:3597232)   #220
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
F.Y.I., Road Atlanta has been tweeting out pictures all week about a construction project that will help with drainage in the esses as well as 10-A&B.

Hopefully, this will help a great deal.

Also, across the street at Lanier it has a new sign renaming it "Lanier Raceplex" at the oval/infeed have all been repaved. It looks like Jim Downey is going quite a bit of work there to get it opening soon.
Thanks for the update on Lanier. Really hope they get a few decent
races scheduled there. I would be happy with an ARCA race annually.
Hope the rumble starts early spring. Let us know if
anything gets posted on the street sign.
Old 18 Jan 2016, 17:41 (Ref:3605972)   #221
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

I checked the webside and there's nothing on the schedule yet. A little early for racing around here but any word? Any more activity?
Old 19 Jan 2016, 14:36 (Ref:3606219)   #222
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I checked the webside and there's nothing on the schedule yet. A little early for racing around here but any word? Any more activity?
I went by there last week. Nothing on the sign as far as dates yet. They have repaved the track and infield and took out the inside wall. It looked like they were doing infrastructure updates, grandstands etc. Also it looked like they are starting to pave the paddock area.
Old 19 Jan 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3606227)   #223
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I went by there last week. Nothing on the sign as far as dates yet. They have repaved the track and infield and took out the inside wall. It looked like they were doing infrastructure updates, grandstands etc. Also it looked like they are starting to pave the paddock area.
Keep picking away at it! Thanks for the update!
Old 18 Mar 2016, 20:43 (Ref:3623983)   #224
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Planning on attending for the first time this year- any tips for a newcomer? I presume spectator access around the track is pretty decent?
Old 20 Mar 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3625215)   #225
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Planning on attending for the first time this year- any tips for a newcomer? I presume spectator access around the track is pretty decent?
Lots of tips to pass along but the access at Road Atlanta is excellent. When space is available, you can drive just about anywhere in the infield. Parking, however, will depend on where you end up. There's so many good vantage points that you'll want to be able to get to as many as you can, so good walking shoes and a raincoat are a must.

Will you be camping or staying off site? Advice is completely different depending on which option you are taking.

Start here:
http://www.roadatlanta.com/fan-guide/faqs