Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:31 (Ref:2408580)   #1
Andrettifan
Rookie

Andrettifan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Information on 1998 ASTCC Project Racing Honda Accords (Merged x1)

Hello, was just wondering if anyone has photograghs of the #69 Honda Accord that Graham Dodd raced in the 1998 Australian Super Touring Championship? Even a color desccription of the car would be helpful, and what his sponsors were. Also, were there ever any photographs or color descriptions of the two rumored factory Honda Accords that Greg Murphy and Geoff Brabham were to have raced in 1998. Thank you for your time.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 03:49 (Ref:2408624)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only Honda Accord i remember from the ASTC is the Valvoline GRM car driven by Steven Richards.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 04:23 (Ref:2408632)   #3
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Graham Dodd Car was an ex-Neil Crompton Car from America.
It had a blue bonnet and the rest of the car was predominently white. Sponsorship was from Allan Milligan Cars, Rite-Tec CRC & Castrol.

There is a picture of the car in "The Great Race 1998" on page 36 & 30.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2408650)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrettifan View Post
Also, were there ever any photographs or color descriptions of the two rumored factory Honda Accords that Greg Murphy and Geoff Brabham were to have raced in 1998.
The article that ran in Auto Action just ran a picture of one of the 1997 German STW cars.

I don't think the project got that far, it was knocked on the head by Honda Australia as it was pitched too late by Peter Adderton (or they weren't interested as the European Accord at the time was different to the Australian one)
Old 12 Sep 2009, 01:06 (Ref:2538867)   #5
Andrettifan
Rookie

Andrettifan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Information on 1998 ASTCC Project Racing Honda Accords

Yes I was wondering if there was any photographs of the team Project Racing Honda Accords that raced in the 1998 Australian Super Touring Car Championship, especially the one raced by Graham Dodd. I heard it was the one Crompton raced in the NATCC in 1997. Any info would be great, thank you.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2538983)   #6
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrettifan View Post
Yes I was wondering if there was any photographs of the team Project Racing Honda Accords that raced in the 1998 Australian Super Touring Car Championship, especially the one raced by Graham Dodd. I heard it was the one Crompton raced in the NATCC in 1997. Any info would be great, thank you.
Pretty sure the Graham Dodd car had nothing to do with Project Racing.

Project Racing was the team that operated cars associated with Peter Adderton, there was a Nissan Primera and a Honda Accord, the Honda was the much raced Garry Rogers Motorsport car that came from Britain. The Nissan too was ex-GRM.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2539327)   #7
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
The article that ran in Auto Action just ran a picture of one of the 1997 German STW cars.

I don't think the project got that far, it was knocked on the head by Honda Australia as it was pitched too late by Peter Adderton (or they weren't interested as the European Accord at the time was different to the Australian one)
Honda in reviewing that project decided the money would be better spent on naming right sponsorship of the Gold Coast Indycar race. It brought up at the time the factoid that of major manufacturers with Australian presence Honda had, by a long way, spent the least amount of money on or supporting Australian motor racing.
Old 16 Sep 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2542076)   #8
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.213km View Post
The Graham Dodd Car was an ex-Neil Crompton Car from America.
It had a blue bonnet and the rest of the car was predominently white. Sponsorship was from Allan Milligan Cars, Rite-Tec CRC & Castrol.

There is a picture of the car in "The Great Race 1998" on page 36 & 30.
Definitely sounds like the car originally run in the US by Tasman Motorsports for Crompton, with sponsorship from Labatt Blue-
pic (in 1/43 model form):
http://www.vitessegroup.com/fotos/onyx/XT044.html

I think, but won't swear without looking it up, that the car originally came from the Linder team in Germany?
Old 18 Feb 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2635465)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Look at 2:47 for Mr Dodd's car
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods