Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Feb 2010, 07:53 (Ref:2630463)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just watched Today Tonight with the Pink announcement, they did an interview with Cocho at the V8 launch and the Jim Beam car in the background, same base just with Jim Beam on the car so no radical livery change post the UAE rounds.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2630446)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
2010 V8Supercar Launch - Lets Get This Party Started!

get the part started
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2630464)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Pink Is The New V8Superstar!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2630468)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Face For V8Supercar

Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2630476)   #5
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
just watched Today Tonight with the Pink announcement, they did an interview with Cocho at the V8 launch and the Jim Beam car in the background, same base just with Jim Beam on the car so no radical livery change post the UAE rounds.
Got a confirmation on this livery change (or lack of)?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2630478)   #6
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:40 (Ref:2630482)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Now that's not half bad either!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2630483)   #8
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Now that's not half bad either!

So the US & Asia are going to get better coverage than we do?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 09:46 (Ref:2630487)   #9
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I lol'd at this.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2630525)   #10
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Jim beam car was only last years number 18 i would say a promo car from last year as the car to my knowledge is packed up and ready for shipping to Yas Marina. The official Jim Beam Racing Canadian Club Racing will be launched in the week before clipsal.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2630566)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Got a confirmation on this livery change (or lack of)?
no just something i seen.

BTW how did this thread start i posted this in the livery thread??????

fair enough EB but it just looked like the livery they ran at the test as it had the black stripe in the gold arear going up the front guard.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2630610)   #12
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I lol'd at this.
I thought the whole ad was s**t!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2630904)   #13
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
If I may borrow the line.....Worse commercial ever!!!!
Pink and VESA aren't a DNA match TC!!! Stick to selling ice to eskimos....
Old 10 Feb 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2630954)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
So the US & Asia are going to get better coverage than we do?
And us. Apparently Motors TV are going to show 1hour highlights a week after the race, so I won't have a clue what you're all posting about.

I know, no change there!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2631018)   #15
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How embarrassing...

So, it is the "Greatest Show on Wheels" because the entire sport travels around in some mythical truck, where Pink is some Foreman-type character...???

They couldn't get a single shot of a car on a racetrack in the thing!?!?!?

This magical truck thing does more racing than any of the cars...

If you want to use a superstar, please do it in context...

I don't know... off the top of my head, how about Pink and her band trying to play louder than a V8 Supercar...?
Old 10 Feb 2010, 22:53 (Ref:2631021)   #16
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was at the launch and was fairly underwhelmed with the ad. However, I'm not a target market (none of us on this forum are).

But 3 people who are involved in V8s, but not active fans, loved it. And these are the people that V8s are targeting. People with an interest that haven't been motivated/inspired to come to a meeting or watch it on TV.

Now these people would have seen all the montage action TVCs previously and they haven't done the trick. So, go mainstream/pop culture to, at the very least, raise awareness of V8s by introducing them to the wider audience via someone who everybody knows about.

This is V8s version of the Rugby League Tina Turner ads. A sport that has a loyal, but reasonably small audience moved into mainstream by getting a female rock star to promote it. I think the concept is excellent.

But...

For me, I felt this ad promoted Pink more than V8s. The first 3/4 of the ad was, to my mind, fairly meaningless. Pink in a truck, a bunch of guys in driving suits that, with the exception of James Courtney, the wider audience doesn't know (and that JC/Pink moment - cringeworthy).

There is nothing to sell V8s other than 'Pink agreed to be paid to promote it - so you should come and see it'. At least the old Tina Turner ads showed muscled up guys and big hits and Rugby League action. This ad has none of that. It may raise awareness, but to me it lacks any motivation to actually come to a meeting or watch it on TV, because if you didn't already know how good it is, then this ad doesn't tell you anymore. It doesn't even refer to the website, or anything else to get more info.

A+ for concept
C- for execution - unless there is more to the campaign than this single ad.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2631067)   #17
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
WTF is with the kitchen and the chinese chef????? what does it have to do with V8's? then again other then the driver's what does the whole ad have to do with v8's. also why have the driver's playing cards, wouldn't you show them doing what they are actually trying to advertise?
Old 11 Feb 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2631077)   #18
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
WTF is with the kitchen and the chinese chef????? what does it have to do with V8's? then again other then the driver's what does the whole ad have to do with v8's. also why have the driver's playing cards, wouldn't you show them doing what they are actually trying to advertise?
Bigger question, is why pick a 10 year old song? If V8 Supercar want to attract a current generation of P!nk fans along then a song for her current album would have been best. Does Party started get much air play on younger-oriented radio stations? While I know Triple M play the song, the Triple M demographic is V8 Supercar heartland, and not the market they should be aiming for.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 01:33 (Ref:2631095)   #19
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps we need to have a "V8SC Fantasy Ad" thread where people can post their suggestions for how the sport should be promoted. This is right up there with Russel Crowe promoting Bathurst.

Why whinge about it in here....no one here needs to see an ad to make them watch V8's, we all do it without any need for encouragement.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 01:35 (Ref:2631099)   #20
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
no one here needs to see an ad to make them watch V8's, we all do it without any need for encouragement.
Don't know about that... I'm watching less and less these days.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2631102)   #21
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
no just something i seen.

BTW how did this thread start i posted this in the livery thread??????

fair enough EB but it just looked like the livery they ran at the test as it had the black stripe in the gold arear going up the front guard.
The posts were split from that thread.
Of course it looked the same, they even said they wont be updating the cars from last year until they get back from the flyaways. Thats why i asked if you knew something we all didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Dont get me wrong, i thought it was a complete joke aswell. I just lol'd that they have JC coping a free perve....
Old 11 Feb 2010, 01:46 (Ref:2631109)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like it. That doesn't mean I understand what's going on, but it looks pretty big cash.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 01:47 (Ref:2631110)   #23
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A perve on what? A woman that belongs in a charcoal chicken shop?

This whole thing is lame.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 01:48 (Ref:2631111)   #24
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
A perve on what? A woman that belongs in a charcoal chicken shop?

This whole thing is lame.
I never said he had taste....lol
Old 11 Feb 2010, 02:03 (Ref:2631116)   #25
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
'Pink agreed to be paid to promote it'
I'd say that SEL probably signed her up to promote her next Australian tour at the same time somewhere in there. Wouldn't be surprised at all that she might end up performing in Sydney at the end of year.