Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 16 Nov 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3332127)   #1601
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hornish not interested in replacing Franchitti: Sam Hornish Jr. said Friday he has no interest in returning to IndyCar to replace Dario Franchitti at Target Chip Ganassi Racing. Hornish said the team reached out to his representatives this week when Franchitti was told by doctors he can no longer race because of the risk of injury is too great. "I expressed I was very grateful even for the call," Hornish said. "A door opens and the reason still stands to not do it. It's just any time I've had a thought or thought about that at all, it's been like very minimal." Even though he heads into Saturday's final Nationwide Series race of the season with no job lined up for 2014. Hornish believes he should have a Cup ride next year. "I definitely feel I belong in the Cup Series," Hornish said. "Taking the step back was to prove what I've known for a long time: given the equipment, the right people around me, what I would be capable of. Because I'd been so successful on the IndyCar side, I was going to pick up the car and carry it on my back if it wasn't good enough."(Associated Press)(11-16-2013)
Old 18 Nov 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3333080)   #1602
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Munoz in at Andretti.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111445

....anybody seen E.J.?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3333139)   #1603
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

....anybody seen E.J.?

Where in the world is EJ Viso?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:08 (Ref:3333152)   #1604
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So who is going to fill the empty Ganassi seat, now Dario's retired?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3333155)   #1605
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post

Where in the world is EJ Viso?
Conspicuous by his absence, .
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:23 (Ref:3333164)   #1606
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Paul Di Resta's name was mentioned a couple of times over the weekend on NBC's broadcast of F1 from Austin.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3333168)   #1607
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Paul Di Resta's name was mentioned a couple of times over the weekend on NBC's broadcast of F1 from Austin.
He's had a somewhat frustrating time at Force India this season but I think jumping to IndyCar would be unwise, considering so much is up in the air regarding the series and next season's going to be very short compared to previous seasons and in particular to F1.

What's happened to Briscoe?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:42 (Ref:3333171)   #1608
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
What's happened to Briscoe?
According to Robin Miller, his status is up in the air with regards to where the National Guard sponsorship goes. Panther or RLL.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3333173)   #1609
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
According to Robin Miller, his status is up in the air with regards to where the National Guard sponsorship goes. Panther or RLL.
He drove the 3rd Ganassi car at Indy this year., finishing 12th. I suppose it's a possibility he could fill the empty seat.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 02:32 (Ref:3333405)   #1610
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Conspicuous by his absence, .
When the venezuela slush fund money raiding scandal was announced, he posted a tweet exalting his support for the "bolivarian revolution" and that his tummy hurt and he had to miss the last race and then has fled the scene. This should end up as an interesting story.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3333605)   #1611
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Quote:
He drove the 3rd Ganassi car at Indy this year., finishing 12th. I suppose it's a possibility he could fill the empty seat.
Another scenario, that car was sponsored by NTT Data, the sponsor of TK's car next year. Because of the past relationship w/Briscoe, TK could move to the Target car and Briscoe gets TK's new ride.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 02:35 (Ref:3334025)   #1612
HJJ
Veteran

United States
More e-cig sponsorship for Indycar. This time w/KV.

http://www.racer.com/kvsh-reveals-ne...rticle/321690/
Old 20 Nov 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3334144)   #1613
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What are e-cigs?
And are we happy that a new sponsor has joined Indy Car - maybe it's not all doom & gloom...
Old 20 Nov 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3334228)   #1614
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
More e-cig sponsorship for Indycar. This time w/KV.

http://www.racer.com/kvsh-reveals-ne...rticle/321690/
I noticed they've got Circle K sponsorship as well.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 14:30 (Ref:3334285)   #1615
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
What are e-cigs?
And are we happy that a new sponsor has joined Indy Car - maybe it's not all doom & gloom...
E-cigs are small implements that may look like a regular cigarette but they essentially vaporize a small amount of nicotine liquid which you inhale.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3334402)   #1616
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sergio Pérez?
(Not necessarily the Target car, that my go to Kanaan)
Old 20 Nov 2013, 18:22 (Ref:3334412)   #1617
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Perez considering Indy move.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111479
Old 21 Nov 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3334605)   #1618
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Saw this on "Miller's mailbag" on racer.com. It could make sense.

Quote:
Q: “There is a reason” that Simona is leaving KV, I inferred from your IndyCar team season Report Card. I was driving home from grabbing a burger, and thought “Simona and Target would be perfect.” I've always thought Danica was nuts for not going to Target Ganassi. Women love Target. Seems like a smart move to me. So, what's the scoop?

RM: I think it would make sense but not sure Simona is a big enough name for Chip. But if Target thought it made sense and pushed, it could happen.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3334834)   #1619
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Castroneves on Montoya at Penske

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111492
Old 21 Nov 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3334870)   #1620
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Paul di Resta would fancy IndyCar if his F1 options came to naught:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111500
Old 21 Nov 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3334897)   #1621
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reading the tea leaves it now sounds as though the National Guard money is staying at Panther so Briscoe looks safe. I am curious where Simona will end up? I would love to see Tags end up at Ganassi, he looked quick at Fontana before retiring. Does anyone have a list of what we are looking at for full season entries?

Penske - 3 Power, Castroneves, Montoya
Andretti - 4 Hinch, Andretti, Munoz, RHR
Ganassi - 4 Dixon, Kimball, Kanaan, ?
KV- 2? Bourdais, ?
Coyne - 2 Wilson, ?
RLLR - 2? Rahal, Jakes
Schmidt - 2 ? Pagenaud, Vautier?
Herta - 1 Hildebrand
SFHR - 1 Newgarden
Foyt - 1 Sato
Carpenter - 1 Conway/Ed
Panther - 1? Briscoe

Servia, Filippi, Simona, Tags, Saavedra, Beatriz, Daly, Davison all must be looking for rides. F1 refugees Perez and di Resta could be candidates too if they can't find rides.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3334903)   #1622
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Reading the tea leaves it now sounds as though the National Guard money is staying at Panther so Briscoe looks safe. I am curious where Simona will end up? I would love to see Tags end up at Ganassi, he looked quick at Fontana before retiring. Does anyone have a list of what we are looking at for full season entries?

Penske - 3 Power, Castroneves, Montoya
Andretti - 4 Hinch, Andretti, Munoz, RHR
Ganassi - 4 Dixon, Kimball, Kanaan, ?
KV- 2? Bourdais, ?
Coyne - 2 Wilson, ?
RLLR - 2? Rahal, Jakes
Schmidt - 2 ? Pagenaud, Vautier?
Herta - 1 Hildebrand
SFHR - 1 Newgarden
Foyt - 1 Sato
Carpenter - 1 Conway/Ed
Panther - 1? Briscoe

Servia, Filippi, Simona, Tags, Saavedra, Beatriz, Daly, Davison all must be looking for rides. F1 refugees Perez and di Resta could be candidates too if they can't find rides.
A lot of drivers chasing a few rides, a pay driver's dream.
Old 21 Nov 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3334986)   #1623
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A lot of drivers chasing a few rides, a pay driver's dream.
Motorsport in a nutshell
Old 22 Nov 2013, 13:59 (Ref:3335207)   #1624
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Mikhail Aleshin gets Schmidt Peterson Motorsports drive. Can't say I saw that one coming.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111513
Old 22 Nov 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3335228)   #1625
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Mikhail Aleshin gets Schmidt Peterson Motorsports drive. Can't say I saw that one coming.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111513
Great news for him, glad he was able to move on from FR3.5!

I can't read the piece for some reason, does it say anything about Vautier losing his seat? I can't imagine that Pagenaud would be the one to make way, or are they expanding to three cars?