Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:40 (Ref:3354759)   #1751
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Colombia's the new Brazil
So a race in Medellin for 2015?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:48 (Ref:3354763)   #1752
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
So a race in Medellin for 2015?
Do they have any race tracks that are suitable for Indy Car?
Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3354768)   #1753
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Do they have any race tracks that are suitable for Indy Car?
I'm sure they can find a few streets to slap a course together on
Old 16 Jan 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3354769)   #1754
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
A little bit back Vautier was complaining about funding and threatening to go the USC. May just be the time of year when drivers are always struggling to cobble together funding.

This series should not lose a gem like Tristan Vautier in any event.

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-new...k?artid=163402
Old 16 Jan 2014, 16:00 (Ref:3354771)   #1755
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
As if the series needs another street race.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3354777)   #1756
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That UFD car makes me long for the days of Player's Racing
And I've heared that Marco's blue-yellow car looks like his father's Kraco.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3354780)   #1757
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That's the only available option so far.
Old 16 Jan 2014, 16:37 (Ref:3354788)   #1758
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
And I've heared that Marco's blue-yellow car looks like his father's Kraco.
It's remeniscent

but reminds me more of this Mike Mosley March 83C

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 16 Jan 2014 at 16:44.
Old 17 Jan 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3355410)   #1759
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I immediately thought of Ana Beatriz's livery in 2011:

Ana Beatriz, Streets of Toronto 2011 by Richard Wintle, on Flickr
Old 18 Jan 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3355696)   #1760
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Markus Niemelä revealed negotiated the contract Indy500 race, some teams.
Old 19 Jan 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3355903)   #1761
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Kurt Busch still considering Indy 500 run: Sprint Cup driver #41-Kurt Busch said he expects to have "a pretty good indication" by the end of January if he will make what he expects is his last attempt to enter the Indianapolis 500. The 2004 Sprint Cup champion completed IndyCar's rookie orientation program for the race last season in a car prepared by Andretti Autosport and said he has a standing offer from that team -- plus another -- to enter the May 25 spectacle. Doing so would make the Stewart-Haas Racing driver the first since Robby Gordon in 2004 to contest both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600, NASCAR's Memorial Day weekend offering, on the same day. Busch said he has a "couple of strong leads for advertising partners" but is concerned over a lack of testing time and that the Indianapolis 500 is the first oval event on the 2014 IndyCar schedule. His age, he said, might make this his last shot. "Testing, we still would probably need to go to Fontana [Calif.], or we're just going to have to bite the bullet and show up at Indy and let 'er rip," he said. "But I turn 36 this summer and to me that's like an artificial drawing-a-line in the sand of 'I'm getting too old.' I can't teach myself new tricks. You can show up at Indy as a 20-year-old and go and do that. So I'm thinking this is probably the cutoff year."(ESPN)(1-19-2014)
Old 20 Jan 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3356386)   #1762
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Update

Ganassi
Scott Dixon
Charlie Kimball
Ryan Briscoe
Tony Kanaan

Penske
Hélio Castroneves
Will Power
Juan-Pablo Montoya

Andretti
Marco Andretti
Ryan Hunter-Reay
James Hinchcliffe
Carlos Muñoz

Schmidt Peterson Hamilton
Simon Pagenaud
Mihail Aleshin

KVSH
Sébastien Bourdais
Simona de Silvestro (?)

Rahal Letterman Lanigan
Graham Rahal
Oriol Servìa (?)

Dale Coyne
Justin Wilson
James Jakes (?)

Carpenter
Ed Carpenter
Mike Conway

Herta
Luca Filippi (?)
JR Hildebrand (?)

Fisher Hartman
Josef Newgarden

Foyt
Takuma Sato

Panther
Carlos Huertas (?)

Fan Force United
Sage Karam (?)
Old 23 Jan 2014, 11:47 (Ref:3357376)   #1763
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Wilson to stay at Coyne.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112230
Old 23 Jan 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3357515)   #1764
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
In an interview with Racer, Justin Wilson sasys that he talkd with Dale Coyne to hire some engineers to improve the team.
Old 28 Jan 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3361078)   #1765
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Mikhail Aleshin is to make oval debut.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112315
Old 29 Jan 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3361607)   #1766
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Wilson back to fitness.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112338
Old 1 Feb 2014, 03:43 (Ref:3362802)   #1767
The Happy Track Fan
Racer

Canada
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
The Happy Track Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As if the series needs another street race.
It needs another street race like Bieber needs another bottle of Cristal and another rented Lambo.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3363008)   #1768
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
It needs another street race like Bieber needs another bottle of Cristal and another rented Lambo.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 22:15 (Ref:3363031)   #1769
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The street races irritate me a little. There should be one or two. But they are bankers for good audience turn-out even if many of them are just coming out to see what the bloody hell all the noise is about, turn-outs being notoriously poor at other venues.

There's no 'magic bullet' here. The double headers are a step in the right direction but a small step and really, whilst they should be on the look out for ways to adjust the series, it's really all about slogging it out. I just hope they don't go insane like the F1 and NASCAR bosses.
Old 1 Feb 2014, 22:54 (Ref:3363051)   #1770
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Happy Track Fan View Post
Actually, a street race on the Gold Coast of Queensland would be awesome! Who might pay for it is always the question...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Feb 2014, 01:52 (Ref:3363098)   #1771
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who pays for street races in other cities?
Old 2 Feb 2014, 02:07 (Ref:3363102)   #1772
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Who pays for street races in other cities?
A combination of local government, a local sponsor & the race organiser (when it doesnt make money )...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 2 Feb 2014, 02:57 (Ref:3363119)   #1773
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Actually, a street race on the Gold Coast of Queensland would be awesome! Who might pay for it is always the question...
Would be nice but I don't see it happening.
Old 2 Feb 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3363124)   #1774
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Would be nice but I don't see it happening.
Hmmmm.

Actually when I look at the forum and see such a lack of interest in the sport from the great American followers, I ask myself is the premier American Open Wheel series going to happen at all?
Old 2 Feb 2014, 03:52 (Ref:3363125)   #1775
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
Hmmmm.

Actually when I look at the forum and see such a lack of interest in the sport from the great American followers, I ask myself is the premier American Open Wheel series going to happen at all?
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a race there again as I'm sure many AOWR fans would but it's down to the IRL's promotion of the series and that's where it's at.