Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jan 2002, 18:53 (Ref:202238)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf Schumacher: where does his future lie??

Not at Williams if the latest rumours are to be believed. OK, there's that RIDICULOUS rumour going around on another thread sourced from the Sunday Mirror that he and Jenson Button are to swap before Melbourne, but other rumours that he is unhappy at Williams and vice versa are begining to circulate alarmingly early.

Listen, I know they're just rumours, but already the talk of next season is JPM vs. TGF. Everywhere. All the magazines, news agencies and teams. Not a word about ralf. We're all assuming he's going to be blown out of the water at Williams. I'm not saying he will or he won't....

BUT WHAT IF HE IS??? We are ASSUMING JPM is the better driver. What if JPM clearly IS the better driver come mid-way through next season?? Where does Ralf's future lie?? Not at Williams if the word-on-the-street is correct.

Is his career going down the pan as we speak??
Old 21 Jan 2002, 19:13 (Ref:202251)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf is going to get well and truly beaten by Juan this season. Williams will drop him and have Button.

Mark my words.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 19:22 (Ref:202264)   #3
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving Ralf... where??
Old 21 Jan 2002, 19:34 (Ref:202277)   #4
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Ralf will be in the German Touring cars next year
Old 21 Jan 2002, 20:13 (Ref:202316)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf is quick and a good driver but....

He's made a complete d*ck of himself over the off season...
Old 21 Jan 2002, 21:03 (Ref:202340)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Re: Ralf Schumacher: where does his future lie??

Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan
We're all assuming he's going to be blown out of the water at Williams.
We are, are we?

Is there any point in speculating about it now? I mean, goodness knows what's going to happen when the season starts.

He's been suggested as a possible replacement for TGF at Ferrari, but all that remains to be seen.

That's my contribution over with, because I can see where this thread is headed...
Old 21 Jan 2002, 21:52 (Ref:202387)   #7
BD
Racer

BD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think Ralf will be "blown out of the water", but I do think that Montoya has really shaken him. He seems to be really affected by the attention given to Montoya. He acts like a child who feels left out. If he sucks it up, he will do better.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 22:05 (Ref:202401)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
tough 1 to call this 1, i think jpm will do rafe, but if rafe can keep his head he may be o.k for another top team drive, if he allows himself to be well and trully beaten and drops his head he may be in trouble.
Old 21 Jan 2002, 23:03 (Ref:202452)   #9
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think big bro will buy a team and give a seat to his little bro making sure he gets God Status. That is the only way he will have a drive in F1.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 00:07 (Ref:202485)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think Ralf will probably demand number one status later in the year, after he's whipped the pants off of that Colombian ex-CART guy in a few races..

But, as BBKing will surely point out... I might eat my words later this season...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 22 Jan 2002 at 00:09.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 02:01 (Ref:202530)   #11
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neither driver will completely dominate the other (although personally I hope JPM whoops Ralfs a*se) as they are both first-class drivers.

But IMO JPM will be ahead of Ralf at the end of the season, but not by the margins some are predicting. Ralf isn't as psychologically strong as JPM. And if you don't believe that, look at all the BS Ralf has been spraying through the media.

He's afraid!!!!
Old 22 Jan 2002, 04:42 (Ref:202559)   #12
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Ralf will remain at Williams for 2003. People are very quick to assume that JPM will wipe the floor with Ralf on the strengh of 3 races last season. Well I say let's wait a full season and see what actually happens.
Old 22 Jan 2002, 04:48 (Ref:202562)   #13
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically - people are forgeting that Ralf won 3 races last year - and even when he was outqualified by his team mate in the latter part of the season, there was not much between them in terms of time or even grid positions. In the latter races, it seemed as if Montoya had a better set up compared to Ralf - whether that was just Ralf slacking of or the team paying more attention to Montoya is debatable.

I like Montoya but he's no "gift from heaven". He's a good pilot with a good car. Think he would be able to slip stream a Ferrari with a Supertec engine or a Prost under him? I dont think so!

If Frank is upset about forking out a larger sum to Ralf than he wanted too - then he should`nt have agreed to the contract in the first place. Nobody had a gun to his head. There are plenty of other drivers who would love to drive for Williams for peanuts. But Frank paid him the money - why? Because he knows how good Ralf really is.

I think Ralf has a great future ahead of him. If he and Williams part ways, then that would be Williams loss. Renault have already said they would love to have him - Ferrari would be an option in a few years - not to mention Mclaren. Haug is a huge fan of Ralfs and if an opportunity arose - then Ralf could easily be driving a Mclaren. Point is, he is good enough to drive for another top team - quite easily.

Either way, I dont see Ralf going anywhere. He's going to win races this season and he will be challenging for the championship. All these so-called rumours will stop the moment he takes the top step on the podium in Australia. The same Patrick Head who is raving about Montoya will be lining up to kiss Ralf's butt following another race win.

I think both Ralf and Williams could have handled the off-season better but Williams have never been known to be a driver friendly team - just look at their history - and similarly Ralf has never been known to keep his mouth shut. He's like Eddie Irvine in many ways. Only difference is that when Irvine speaks, everyone laughs and when Ralf speaks, the vultures smell blood...
Old 22 Jan 2002, 12:40 (Ref:202653)   #14
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
I think Ralf has a great future ahead of him. If he and Williams part ways, then that would be Williams loss. Renault have already said they would love to have him - Ferrari would be an option in a few years - not to mention Mclaren.
At the end of last season, I would have said the same thing. However, Ralf's comments during the off season were very disquieting. He certainly seems to feel very insecure in his position, and that is cause for real concern. If he is to be a number one driver in the top group of teams, he needs to stop complaining so much. He has a big job ahead of him if he is to hold his top position in the face of what will be a very determined assault from JPM. Shut up and get on with it Ralf.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 11:28 (Ref:203114)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i thought it quite funny that patrick head has said that jpm has tgf's speed and rafe possibly does as well
Old 23 Jan 2002, 11:31 (Ref:203115)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
We have two exceptional drivers,” he said. "If you asked the other team managers who they'd soonest have at the wheel, most of them would probably answer 'Michael Schumacher'. But I think Juan can already match him for speed. Ralf, too, I expect. Even if they were to offer us Michael I'd think twice about it."

as said by mr head he's right about jpm....not too sure about rafe tho
Old 23 Jan 2002, 12:52 (Ref:203158)   #17
timbo2001
Racer

timbo2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ralf will stay at Williams. He will win more races, and do very well. He won't be champ though. JPM will be. There is the difference.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 13:17 (Ref:203168)   #18
Rimrider
Racer

Rimrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Partick Heads two thoughts:

First thought - lasting about 3 nano seconds - yes get TGF in,

Second thought - lasting about one nano second - get Ralf out.
Old 23 Jan 2002, 22:17 (Ref:203423)   #19
nameless
Racer

nameless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
Hopefully Ralf will be in the German Touring cars next year
damn, i was feeling very witty when i though 'in german touring cars'
Old 24 Jan 2002, 08:20 (Ref:203538)   #20
M Power
Racer

M Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf will do another great job for williams Again!!!!!! with more wins than his teamate . But I feel Ralf will leave Williams and he will leave on a BLACK HORSE .

A GERMAN driver in a brit car . IT can't last

pity his BMW's best hope
Old 24 Jan 2002, 08:54 (Ref:203545)   #21
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ralf has a promising future ahead of him in the public speaking circuit!
Old 24 Jan 2002, 10:15 (Ref:203555)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:

I like Montoya but he's no "gift from heaven". He's a good pilot with a good car. Think he would be able to slip stream a Ferrari with a Supertec engine or a Prost under him? I dont think so!

but then nobody could...not even tgf, but at least jpm CAN do it in a williams, which seems more than rafe can do!
Old 24 Jan 2002, 15:05 (Ref:203662)   #23
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
I think Ralf has a promising future ahead of him in the public speaking circuit!
He's not exactly good at that is he?
Old 24 Jan 2002, 16:56 (Ref:203708)   #24
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v

but then nobody could...not even tgf, but at least jpm CAN do it in a williams, which seems more than rafe can do!
Why dont you wait and see what Ralf does this season before writing him off? I seem to remember Ralf doing a lot of over taking in a crappy Jordan during his first years in the sport. But then again, over taking alone will not win you races - if that was the case then Montoya would have won in Brazil or at Indy when he passed Michael.
Old 24 Jan 2002, 18:28 (Ref:203750)   #25
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why dont you wait and see what Ralf does this season
Last season doesn't count ?, cause what I saw last year was not so good in Ralf's overtaking-department. e.g. Canada (against MS), Monza/Japan can't remember which one (against RB)

Quote:
over taking alone will not win you races
A reliable car helps a lot. (and now don't come with that statement used by RS... "I won cause I saved my engine", or something like that)

Go Juan Go !!!