Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 15 May 2004, 20:03 (Ref:971882)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So it is Adam.....usually threads I've been on are coloured differtently to normal threads. Good god. Delete my previous post, the embarrassment is hideous!
Old 16 May 2004, 00:11 (Ref:972015)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Delete my previous post, the embarrassment is hideous!
Hmmm, I might hot-topic it!

however if your embarrassed about that post then I dread to think
Old 16 May 2004, 12:25 (Ref:972473)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gee thanks.
Old 16 May 2004, 12:34 (Ref:972485)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
as I did £5000 worth of bodywork damage last year spinning on the entrance into the busstop I will be quite happy to see the entrance smoothed like the exit has!!
Nooooooooo leave it alone! It's about the most awesome overtaking point on any circuit I've ever driven. You've just spent around 60secs on full throttle following another car and if you just keep it a bit tight running out of Blanchiment you've blocked the entrance. There's nothing anyone can do and you're through! It even works in the wet!

Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble
If you like the bus stop you should race at Chimay thay have three similar ones from memory! Julius has a Top Hat round but Barry Sideways Smith normally has an allcomers race which your Jag could run in. On similar vein if you get the chance to race at Charade its awesome sadly the series I went there with last year are not doing it- its full of mind over matter type corners and what it must have been like in an F1.... they were very brave!
[OFF TOPIC]Originally posted by Peter Mallett

Whilst the configuration may be the same I doubt the closing speed will be though. But it does sound good. If the 70's Group 1 visits there next year I'll certainly try to be there.

And Adam. You might consider a return to Spa in September for another "Barry" race.
[/off topic]

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 16 May 2004 at 12:36.
Old 20 May 2004, 04:18 (Ref:976083)   #30
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I'm just happy it's back on the F1 calendar
Old 27 May 2004, 18:34 (Ref:985348)   #31
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back from a wonderful days driving at Spa yesterday.

No pictures of the new entry to the bus-stop but work is in full swing, and it goes a long way to the right before turning left!!!!

The new layout is all pegged out, and it goes right at about the point where the gantry is at the moment (100-150yds fron the current entry) then sharp right to line up with the current chicane.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 27 May 2004, 18:50 (Ref:985356)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a big change then.

You should go to the Trackday or Racers forum and tell us all about your day!

OT: Peter, I am tempted about Sept.

Last edited by Adam43; 27 May 2004 at 18:51.
Old 28 May 2004, 18:58 (Ref:986582)   #33
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If there's that right hand bit before the left then surely that's ruined the possibility of passing?
Old 28 May 2004, 19:51 (Ref:986639)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
If there's that right hand bit before the left then surely that's ruined the possibility of passing?
Well let's see. You exit Blanchiment and you stay to the right. The next bend is a right hander that throws you to the left.

You then slam the brakes on and turn left.

Hmm. Tricky.
Old 29 May 2004, 16:07 (Ref:987337)   #35
M Coupe
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
That was my feeling after seeing the new layout!

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 3 Jun 2004, 19:26 (Ref:993060)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Here are some shots of the work as it was in early May. The photos weren't taken with the purpose of showing the work (more Spa pics should appear on www.davebrenchley.co.uk in due course).

Pic1: The corner as it is now. Flatish kerbs and a simple left-right flick. In the background you can see the mud clearing which will be used for the new part of track:

Pic2: The entry looking from before the corner. See how much land they have cleared towards the pits. Is this an indication of more work. A new building? A shift in the corner? or a new pitlane?

Pic3: A shot from a long way away. This gives an idication of the full area that has been cleared. It extends from some way before the turn in to some way after.

Last edited by Adam43; 3 Jun 2004 at 19:27.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 19:38 (Ref:993076)   #37
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IIRC, they would be altering the chicane and placing a new grand stand/pit complex there.
Could be wrong though, not too sure about it...

Last edited by ASCII Man; 3 Jun 2004 at 19:39.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 19:42 (Ref:993082)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Another grandstand would explain the extra space they have cleared.

Looking back at the map on page 1 you can see the room needed for the new part of the track isn't as big (or as long) as the area they have cleared. There is no grnadstand shown on the map, but it makes sense.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:02 (Ref:993115)   #39
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Great pics Adam.

As to what they'll put in that space I don't have a clue.

A grandstand would seem very sensible, as it's a great location for one potentially.

However, they are just as likely to build a glamorous VIP building for people who have no idea about racing to mingle in.

Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:09 (Ref:993127)   #40
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
people who have no idea about racing to mingle in.
People who think this is a good line?
Old 3 Jun 2004, 20:23 (Ref:993143)   #41
M Coupe
Racer

Wish I'd had more time to walk down and get some pictures in late may as the new layout was fully marked out.

Taking the 1st picture, the rh edge of the new track layout is pretty much along the edge of the mounds of dirt (although it is difficult to get a perspective from the pictures).

2nd picture I'd guess at a new layout for the pit entry.

3rd picture. The new rh bend after blanchimont which is sharper than the current one is approx at the same place as now, it just goes a lot further right.

I didn't quite copy the last picture but did go in to the LH-er on full opposite lock on one occeasion!!!

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 19 Jun 2004, 13:13 (Ref:1008659)   #42
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Moved to trackside.

A place for you to plan your trips to the circuit - arrange meet-ups with old friends, or seek advice on the best place to watch from, the best bar to drink at, etc.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 17:15 (Ref:1008759)   #43
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not much changed since last year it seems.

The area that is cleared was already cleared last year and back then people said it would be used for placing a grandstand to see cars come from Blanchimont, through Bus Stop, all the way to La Source.

We'll see what they make of it.
Old 19 Jun 2004, 20:47 (Ref:1008935)   #44
M Coupe
Racer

Stranger,

As I said above the layout was all pegged out and they were working on it all day when I was there on the 26th May.
The track will be different at the Belgian GP.

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:12 (Ref:1013534)   #45
Liam34
Rookie

Liam34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found this pic posted elsewhere on another forum, though it looks like a scan from a car/motorsport magazine. I'm not sure if there are any copyright problems with posting it?

http://www.btinternet.com/~paul.reynolds75/bus_stop.jpg
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:38 (Ref:1013712)   #46
M Coupe
Racer

The bit on the far side is as I expected but the reprofiling of the RH bit in the old Bus-stop is a surprise, but obvious when I think about it.

I liked the old chicane

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 23 Jun 2004, 22:14 (Ref:1013957)   #47
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good pic in tomorrow's Autosport
Old 24 Jun 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1014584)   #48
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Thanks for he tip. I'll nip off to firstview...
Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:18 (Ref:1014858)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Its pretty much how we thought it be. A shame they could leave the old version too.

The biggest question that remains is probably What will the kerbs be like?
Old 24 Jun 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1014922)   #50
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/fr/n...vaux040615.htm

Several pictures can be found here.