Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 30 Mar 2006, 23:55 (Ref:1565625)   #1
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LMES/FIA GT Video Help

I have three half hour DVD's with camcorder footage shot at the Silverstone LMES 2004/5 and FIA GT Donington 2004 races.

Can someone please tell me how I can capture this footage to my computer.

What (free) software would I need?

I'd like to put them on Google video.

They accept:-

'AVI, ASF, QuickTime, Windows Media and MPEG formats. Specific video codecs include H.264, H.263, MPEG 1/2/4 and motion JPEG.'
Old 31 Mar 2006, 05:43 (Ref:1565776)   #2
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the format those DVDs are in? Generally they are in MPEG format already but the file has a different name/extension. In that case copying the files to your hard drive renaming them as xxxx.mpg will already give you what you need to start. otherwise you will need a free RIPper, those are always free in the web. I myself use Pinnacle studio to capture from the camcorder and it is fantastic (but not free, alas)
Old 31 Mar 2006, 06:31 (Ref:1565801)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a program called Xilisoft Video Converter - It's a shareware program. I personally don't use it for extracting footage from DVD's, but the program can handle some DVD formats, and change them into something readable for google video. I think I got the program from downloads.com

Best of luck, be great to see some footage like this on google vid!

If anyone knows how to get coverage like this extracted from a VHS video using a WinTV card, then I'll have some footage too - including FIA GT from 2003 and 2004, British GT from 2004 and LMES from 2005. Did have some great old British GT Powertour coverage from 2000 but I think this has sadly been lost...
Old 31 Mar 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1565877)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think that being Sportscar makes it any different to grab I've seen similar threads in Armchair. I know one or two of our members are adept at this. *cough* macdaddy *cough*
Moved
Old 31 Mar 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1566246)   #5
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I get this working I'll have British GT from Oulton up after Easter Monday.

The DVD's are DV footage copied to a DVD recorder via firewire (think that's what it's called) cable
Old 2 Apr 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1567868)   #6
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i have some decent footage from the silverstone 1000km 2005 and i have the firewire cable but my laptop does not have a firewire port (lying salesman said the laptop i bought had a firewire connection but it didnt) so is there some kind of reasonably priced adapter like firewire to USB or firewire PC card, i have plenty of silverstone 1000km footage from the friday practice sessions and also plenty of footage of the race from the brooklands VIP suite(mind you it was bloody freezing there though) so could anyone help me?

thanks
Old 5 Apr 2006, 22:27 (Ref:1571810)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
Don't know about an adapter, I would think so, check Dabs.

Most convinient is a DVD recorder with i.Link, you can get them for £100.

Use a program like 'DVD Decrypter' to rip the footage to your computer.
Old 10 Apr 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1578092)   #8
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've added some footage to Google Video - some of it's a bit dodgy but never mind. Covers the LMES, British GT, FIA GT and C.E.R - all from 2005. to view, click here