Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2001, 23:36 (Ref:76290)   #1
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
After all these years and all these chances, why is he still in F1? Go race Touring cars and let Christijan Albers or Tom Coronell have a shot! What's the point of basing your career in running in 9th place all the time, year after year and spending the off-season looking for millions to run in 9th again? I don't get it.

Don't tell me Arrows hired him, because they didn't. He brings 3-4 million dollars to that team, takes 2-3 hundred grand salary from that money, and runs for a possible point. Great!

Well, at least he provides great footage for the havoc videos. They should make a Jos Verstappen volume.... Jos Verstappen, the Andrea De Cesaris of the 90's & 2000's. Brilliant race, Jos. You are the Boss. LOL.

That's what I hate about racing, way too many good drivers are walking around the paddock looking for an opportunity, and way too many Jos Verstappens are STILL racing at the top level after not capitalizing on their many chances....

Get out of the car & race touring cars where you belong, Jos!
Old 1 Apr 2001, 23:42 (Ref:76294)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Verstappen is still in Formula One because he deserves it. In Malaysia we all said he was a real racer and this time we already want to kick him out of an F1 bolid? I think this was a normal racing incident and can happen. Jos is still the Boss...he would have driven into the points today...instead of Fisico.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 23:44 (Ref:76295)   #3
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read in the latest Autosport mag that Verstappen hoped to attract offers from some top teams after his performance in Malaysia, but after his performance in Brazil, I think he can eliminate the possibility of Williams ever approaching him. I think at the end of this year it's going to be time to go to the Dutch touring car championship at best.

Last edited by OVERSTEER; 1 Apr 2001 at 23:46.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 23:48 (Ref:76298)   #4
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

I don't think so...there will be other races where he can show his talent.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 00:38 (Ref:76310)   #5
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeanburrasca81
I don't think so...there will be other races where he can show his talent.
Ya, there will be other races for him to...crash, spin, run someone off the road, and just plain be himself. Jos had his eye in the morror & didn't realise he was at the braking zone when he moved behind Montoya...

The sad thing is, if Raikkonen did the same thing in Australia the FIA would have had a meeting. Racing accident, my foot!
Old 2 Apr 2001, 01:37 (Ref:76335)   #6
papabaz
Rookie

papabaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Plooi, pit-reporter for dutch television, caught Jos and someone from his management team doing a high-five when walking out of the Ferrari pits in Brasil.
When asked, neither Jos, his management or Ferrari wanted to comment on this. His manager said he would like to keep it quiet until next thursday.

Last edited by papabaz; 2 Apr 2001 at 01:41.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 01:40 (Ref:76336)   #7
Orange
Racer

Orange should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im a little worried about the "Nerf and Die!" witch hunting going on at this forum... I understand that Verstappen has been fined, but I think that we need to hold off on the zero tolerance nerfing policy. Mistakes happen, but I dont think that Rubens Barichello (Or TGF, Liz!) needs to be burnt in effigy... They are all racers, who have little to gain by mindlessly throwing away their chances of points for the opportunity to take out every passing german (in rubinho's case.) As for the "If it were Kimi, he would be gone" crowd, when someone is new at something, they need to prove they are up to the challenge... Rubens and Jos have driven in F1 for a while, and have proven that it is more than they can handle... comparing that to a rookie straight from what, Formula Renault(?) is not fair...
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:22 (Ref:76353)   #8
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Verstappen is an excellent driver, and Fiorentina, if you have been watching F1 for anymore than 1 race you'd know that.

It was just an accident. Although, one does have to wonder why Williams have been taken out 3 times in 3 races by being hit from behind. A rather attractive rear-end?

PS, If Verstappen was punished in ANY WAY it would wreak of hypocrisy, as JV and RB got off scot free. Can't we just accept that accidents happen?

Last edited by Jay; 2 Apr 2001 at 02:24.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:31 (Ref:76357)   #9
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos is still in F1 because he's one hell of a driver. Simple. He made a mistake today. He apologized - unlike Barrichelo who despite his brain dead driving refuses to accept blame. Barrichelo is the one who deserves a race ban and a fine - not Jos.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:36 (Ref:76364)   #10
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

My speech Mania, he's an exceptional driver.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 11:09 (Ref:76468)   #11
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that THREE races in a row that RB has twatted someone off???
Old 2 Apr 2001, 12:15 (Ref:76517)   #12
aadpack
Rookie

aadpack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I really do not understand the motivation of some people on this forum.

When a driver does something good like Verstappen did in Sepang they declare him almost a saint.

But two weeks later he causes a racing accident, and they write him off.

He admitted that he made a judgement error, something like this does happen in the formula 1.

If Montaya is man enough to accept the words of Jos Verstappen why is it so difficult for the people who watch the race on television.

It`s al in the game.

And if Montoya does not perform the next two or three GP`s we will write him off to ??

Schumacher will come back, and Montoya will make mistakes this season.
Again thats al part of the game.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 12:35 (Ref:76521)   #13
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good in Sepang? Declaring a saint?
That's highly exaggerated, aadpack.
All he did at Sepang was get lucky that five guys in front of him struggled eachother wide so he could pass on the inside of the second corner.

After that all he did was block and once again got lucky that Mika had immense traction problems in the wet and Frentzen had enough enginetroubles, that they couldn't match his speed set-up.

Yesterday he did the same, holding off Burti and once he got passed, holding off Fisichella. If that's his strategy for the rest of the season .. setting up for good straight-line speed and taking slow cornering for granted, jumping in front some places of his 16-18 spot on the grid and blocking them for the rest of the race and wait patiently till enough people have dropped out to grab a point, that's hardly an aimable tactique, is it? Nor effective ...
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:07 (Ref:76696)   #14
aadpack
Rookie

Dino the most people did praise him after his race in Sepang.

Wheter you agree or not, thats something personal, your opinion.

I was talking in general, a lott of people did call him man of the race two weeks ago, and now he was fool of the race together with Rubinho ofcourse.

About his way to race at the moment. I think its the best he can do with the car he is driving.
You can like it or not, but a fact is al these people were in front of him during the start, he overtook them al during the first laps, if they want to catch him lateron, and they have a problem because he is to fast on the straight, thats their problem.

Believe me I am not saying that Mr.Verstappen is a great driver I happen to like the guy thats al, and i love watching him do strange things.

So your conclusion that he is not effective, is in my eyes a bit strange to say, he is not driving a BAR or Jordan you know.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:26 (Ref:76703)   #15
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was extremely disappointed to see Montoya clouted, but what Jos did was only a mistake. It mught have been a tiny error of judgement, but at 180mph or however fast he was going at that time it translated into ramming the car in front which obviously was a terrible blow (excuse the pun) for Williams. Don't write him off, even TGF made an error of judgement in that race that left him in the gravel - if there had been another car in his way and he'd caused the end of their race would anyone have been saying that he should be out of F1? I don't think so. The drivers are only human, and I know it would have been fantastic to see JPM win but he'll be back another week. Anyway, it added to the tension of the race.
Well done DC, great job
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:26 (Ref:76704)   #16
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You like him???

a suspended conviction for assault an battery.

Yea, he is heaps of fun.

Well, Dino stole my point.

papabaz>
you prolly know it by know, but that was an april-fools joke
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:38 (Ref:76712)   #17
ganda123
Racer

ganda123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's not my favourite, (JARNO!) but I would rather see him win any day than TGF simply becuase he hasn't won 3 world championships and I'm Scottish so it's quite exciting when someone from your country is doing well. So I would say yes I do like him
*She prepares for egg throwing by hiding behind her monitor*
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:50 (Ref:76719)   #18
papabaz
Rookie

papabaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

yes Quino, and they got me bigtime
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:54 (Ref:76720)   #19
aadpack
Rookie

You do not like Verstappen at all, is it Quino.

Does not matter, we al have our persons we like more.

Oh yeah about this conviction, its not so bad as you say it here.Was there proof enough, no I don`t think so, he only did get a warning.

I had also some fights in my younger years, and perhaps i did stranger things then he did, but now i am a bitt older and see the stupidity in it, everybody has to learn.

we can not be al saints you know.

He what about my great friend Alonso, do you like him??
Old 2 Apr 2001, 21:00 (Ref:76725)   #20
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
éverytime Jos makes a mistake, or something that looks like it, the same people come out of their cave and talk nonsens(like Quino), especialy on the dutch forums, they are a few childish people who have no real understanding of F1.

As long as Jos is doing good, you don't hear a word of them......

And I also think Fiorentina is just a fan of Tom Coronel(you know: the driver who punted of his rival for the championship in the final race of the formula nippon, and a would be F1 driver who tested a F1 car once and failed miserably).

BTW Fiorentina: congragulations on Tom's win in Monza with the Lister(don't say I'm not a good sport)
Old 2 Apr 2001, 21:52 (Ref:76744)   #21
Quino
Racer

Quino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahw please Steve, there is really no need for that.

Im trying to be constructive here.
Giving arguments as to why Verstappen truly was to blame.
Arrows claimed he braked 30 metres earlier?
Williams claimed Montoya braked at the point had done for 37 laps (that would be at 80 metres) and still Jos cruised into the back of the Williams? That would place his usual brakingpoint at that corner at about 50 metres. Thats just rubbish. Arrows are lying with their reference to telemetrydata. Or Williams is when they claim Juan braked as he was used to do.

I think my points are valid. Sure you have a right to disagree, but why do you feel that gives you the right to assume any lack of F1 knowledge at my part? To assume I have to leave a cave to talk nonsense (??)? To assume I am childish?? For the simple fact I pose arguments you don't agree with for the also simple reason they are negative towards Jos?

Im not attacking you or any other Jos Verstappen-fan. No I don't like the man at all. Yes, from aida 1994 on I've felt he is highly overrated. But I choose not to discuss this with Josfans anymore. Know why? Because I'm sick of the fact they always manage to interpret my arguments as personal attacks and therefor refuse to comment on my arguments but rather choose to belittle me as a person and a Formula1-fan.

It's far beyond the point of being annoying, it's getting tiring.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 22:53 (Ref:76777)   #22
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Steve, I'm a fan of Montoya's! Anyways, I think it was a really stupid mistake on Jos' part, and it's over, so let's move on to San Marino....