Old 4 Jul 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2918074)   #1
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eating in Silverstone Village?

Hi all

We are at the GP this weekend and first time we've done camping from Thursday to Monday there. Now, as much as I love a burger I was wondering if any pubs in Silverstone are worth going to for food - or are they just to packed to make it worth it?

After Friday/Qually what time does the traffic ease off if I wanted to have a drive out to restock our own bbq?

i'd consider going to Virgin but its £20 notes just to get in before you get done sideways for the Jamie Oliver nosh!
Old 4 Jul 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2918124)   #2
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The White Horse does some very good food, but I don't know what they're doing over the GP weekend. There is a curry house from Northampton who are doing a take away service from the top of the village. Also you will find some traders set up around the village too. Also there is village shop in Silverstone.

Getting out shouldn't be a problem you just get in the queue, its getting back in which could be the issue. I'd check the times that the one way traffic is in operation and that will give you some idea on when you'll be able to get in and out.
Old 4 Jul 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2918185)   #3
MIB
Rookie

United Kingdom
Towcester
MIB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poultry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
Hi all

We are at the GP this weekend and first time we've done camping from Thursday to Monday there. Now, as much as I love a burger I was wondering if any pubs in Silverstone are worth going to for food - or are they just to packed to make it worth it?

After Friday/Qually what time does the traffic ease off if I wanted to have a drive out to restock our own bbq?

i'd consider going to Virgin but its £20 notes just to get in before you get done sideways for the Jamie Oliver nosh!
The pub's etc..in Silverstone are always packed, you are better off heading down to Towcester High Street, then go back to Silverstone once the A43 reopens later