Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Sep 2016, 00:14 (Ref:3675818)   #76
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
ok now your hitting too close to home back in those days Ken had his own production company

ok
American Sports Cavalcade by Diamond P Sports ... those were the day's! We was stylin'.

L.P.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 00:26 (Ref:3675820)   #77
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Maybe a mock funeral procession with a DP effigy burned on the front straight after the awards ceremonies?
This is funny...dps weren't my favorite, but I enjoyed them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 29 Sep 2016, 00:30 (Ref:3675822)   #78
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
This is funny...dps weren't my favorite, but I enjoyed them

We have a guy fawkes night every year at the brewery I used to brew for, so this hits home and makes me laugh. I believe burning man's origins are guy fawkes too, but I dont know. Sorry, way of track here, but the burning effigy and guy fawkes story is very interesting..

Old 29 Sep 2016, 00:39 (Ref:3675823)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Yeah they still look and feel odd at Road Atlanta but they're there. And so is the crowd!

They'll go out loud, if nothing else.

Edit:
Speaking of odd looking. How about that part of the esses no one uses?!

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 29 Sep 2016 at 00:46.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 01:14 (Ref:3675828)   #80
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post

Edit:
Yeah , you may remember, but they made that with motorcycles in mind
to slow them coming down the esses and away from the wall on the (pic) right.

I was there the weekend AMA Superbikes were in town and were
first to try out the new chicane. I think it was after either the first
or second practice the riders went to the tower and said "Uh... no."
The orange cones were immediately swung back to cut off the chicane.

It looks like something was putting rubber down when that picture
was taken. Maybe Drifters warming up the weekend before - who knows.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 01:50 (Ref:3675837)   #81
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Formula Drift was there a couple weeks ago, and I know when they were there they ran through the alt esses.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 03:43 (Ref:3675850)   #82
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
I think Formula Drift was there a couple weeks ago, and I know when they were there they ran through the alt esses.
Formula Drift ran at Road Atlanta back in May and to the best of my knowledge, they use the 10 a/b complex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Yeah , you may remember, but they made that with motorcycles in mind
to slow them coming down the esses and away from the wall on the (pic) right.

I was there the weekend AMA Superbikes were in town and were
first to try out the new chicane. I think it was after either the first
or second practice the riders went to the tower and said "Uh... no."
The orange cones were immediately swung back to cut off the chicane.

It looks like something was putting rubber down when that picture
was taken. Maybe Drifters warming up the weekend before - who knows.
First time I saw AMA run there after the changes, they didn't use it, but there is certainly some marks in the 'side section' in that picture, now that I've looked again. I don't know who is using it.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 04:21 (Ref:3675857)   #83
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Yeah they still look and feel odd at Road Atlanta but they're there. And so is the crowd!

They'll go out loud, if nothing else.

Edit:
But, like always, they are headed in the wrong direction.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 05:05 (Ref:3675863)   #84
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I think it's likely used for schools and the like, but that line doesn't look particularly logical for anything but drifting.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3675916)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Formula Drift ran at Road Atlanta back in May and to the best of my knowledge, they use the 10 a/b complex.

First time I saw AMA run there after the changes, they didn't use it, but there is certainly some marks in the 'side section' in that picture, now that I've looked again. I don't know who is using it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
I think it's likely used for schools and the like, but that line doesn't look particularly logical for anything but drifting.
We talked with a guy last night ego went to grid life as they did whole track stuff and the alternate esses were used.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 12:04 (Ref:3675921)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
We talked with a guy last night ego went to grid life as they did whole track stuff and the alternate esses were used.
Grid life?

Money well spent...
Old 29 Sep 2016, 12:10 (Ref:3675923)   #87
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Grid life?

Money well spent...
It was Dale, he had the VIP ticket too.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 12:16 (Ref:3675927)   #88
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
In the Miata race this morning there was a T4 incident on lap 3 and one of the drivers parked it and started walking back to the support paddock. That is a long walk. He didn't take his helmet of either, and as he walked by me and Andrew it had a bit of a stig quality to it.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 16:26 (Ref:3675958)   #89
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Grid life?

Money well spent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
So I stand corrected. Grid Life did a full course drift while the formula drift event was in May. So we got lots different kinds of rubber all over the place.

GTLM found grip.
Old 29 Sep 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3675993)   #90
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Great track and a great event, with lots of good people, the likes of which we are coming accustom to seeing in the same spots every year. There's also lots of "interesting" folks, too. Ah, race fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22 View Post
Good for you Wolf....glad you'll finally get to a Petit....you're gonna love it. Every sports car fan in the US should get to a Petit, a Sebring and an Elkhart at least once in their lives...if not many.
Actually I'm missing it again this year, again because of work. (somehow the race date and a work show date are always the same)

I'll get there eventually?
Old 29 Sep 2016, 19:46 (Ref:3675998)   #91
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Actually I'm missing it again this year, again because of work. (somehow the race date and a work show date are always the same)

I'll get there eventually?
Next year!

PC off in 10. Shocker.

Old 29 Sep 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3675999)   #92
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never, they're always so quiet and unseen aren't they?
Old 29 Sep 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3676010)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Never, they're always so quiet and unseen aren't they?
They even caused a log jam in the paddock post session
Old 29 Sep 2016, 22:12 (Ref:3676019)   #94
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Big wreck in the Mazda race with a small fire
Old 30 Sep 2016, 04:45 (Ref:3676055)   #95
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post

So basically, if you live in the US and don't have FS2 on your cable package, good luck watching Petit via legitimate means.
I've not watched a single IMSA race via "legitimate" means... I mean, if I just avoid a geoblock is that somehow illegit? I just don't care about someone elses ad revenue.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 30 Sep 2016, 06:49 (Ref:3676060)   #96
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
I've not watched a single IMSA race via "legitimate" means... I mean, if I just avoid a geoblock is that somehow illegit? I just don't care about someone elses ad revenue.
I agree in principle, but yeah avoiding geoblocks isn't legit.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 06:59 (Ref:3676061)   #97
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I agree in principle, but yeah avoiding geoblocks isn't legit.
Lol... I know that. Occasionally, my IP adress shows up in another country. I blame my provider.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 30 Sep 2016, 07:49 (Ref:3676068)   #98
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you regularly take cheap flights to Germany, who is anyone to argue?
Old 30 Sep 2016, 13:58 (Ref:3676125)   #99
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
The final practice before qualifying is about to start. So far everyone has kept it pretty clean and hopefully they can get through this practice without any major damage. There is about near perfect weather this morning Sunny with a slight breeze.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3676130)   #100
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
An incident for the ESM car in turn 10, not sure on the extent of damage but we have a short red flag.