Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2017, 14:56 (Ref:3746067)   #551
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Bit of a mix, half Nigerian, and eighth German and the rest basically a small area between Hitchin & Cranfield!
With lovely hair, I might add!
Old 22 Jun 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3746088)   #552
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Well I am grateful for that! It certainly gives off the feeling that those guys in the booth doing the race are you buddies rather than just some distant commentator like you get when you watch a football game for a major network. Sam as well as Graham looks to be on the forum too.
Trussers is a member here too, but doesn't pop in very often (as is Hindy - who visits even less). We were lucky enough to meet up with him at Le Mans for a chat on Friday afternoon before the race.
Old 22 Jun 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3746137)   #553
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Trussers is a member here too, but doesn't pop in very often (as is Hindy - who visits even less). We were lucky enough to meet up with him at Le Mans for a chat on Friday afternoon before the race.
My claim to fame against Hindy is that I played a game of giant Jenga against him at the RLM Collective meetup at Bathurst last year.

I lost, of course.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3746471)   #554
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So what are you trying to say - that we aren't attractive enough - fair comment on Sam (obviously!) but the rest of us are close to model standard!
One word - Wigan!

Quote:
It certainly gives off the feeling that those guys in the booth doing the race are you buddies rather than just some distant commentator like you get when you watch a football game for a major network
I consider Tenths users buddies! I realised I didn't do a shout out this year - sorry!
Old 27 Jun 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3747278)   #555
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just dipping in here to simply say thanks to all at RLM. Great coverage and I thought a good mix of content. The ads were also far less intrusive than in previous years IMO, but obviously more effective - I have requested a Dura Garages brochure...
Old 27 Jun 2017, 14:50 (Ref:3747323)   #556
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
One word - Wigan!
Sorry Sam that kind of language is not appropriate for a family forum!
Old 27 Jun 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3747367)   #557
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If there's anyone who doesn't need a wig(an), it has to be Sam.......
Old 27 Jun 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3747375)   #558
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Sam, do you really live in North Carolina?
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3747425)   #559
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Just dipping in here to simply say thanks to all at RLM. Great coverage and I thought a good mix of content. The ads were also far less intrusive than in previous years IMO, but obviously more effective - I have requested a Dura Garages brochure...
Did you not hear? There aren't ads! They haven't had those for years!

I ordered the catalogue too. Moving house soon and will need to do up the new place...

I am a bit worried for Turner, he seemed quite down about it in the, er, advert.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:27 (Ref:3747436)   #560
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think he appeared to be less cheerful when you heard it for the 24th time (see what I did there....? )
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3747438)   #561
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good

I'd love to think that he was doing it live every time. That would be brilliant, especially when he was on track.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3747439)   #562
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let's assume that, shall we? He's a seriously multi-talented chap!
Old 29 Jun 2017, 06:58 (Ref:3747736)   #563
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Did you not hear? There aren't ads! They haven't had those for years!

I am a bit worried for Turner, he seemed quite down about it in the, er, advert.
Surely it was a competition, not an advert?
Old 29 Jun 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3747779)   #564
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Sam, do you really live in North Carolina?
Used to feel like it! I came very close to buying a house on Lake Norman some years ago but never did. I live in North Hertfordshire, England, should probably update that profile.
Old 29 Jun 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3747794)   #565
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Used to feel like it! I came very close to buying a house on Lake Norman some years ago but never did. I live in North Hertfordshire, England, should probably update that profile.
How many variants are there to spell the name of your village?!
Old 30 Jun 2017, 21:12 (Ref:3748030)   #566
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As a matter of interest, for those who were at Le Mans and listening to RLM, did the reception change during the week? I have a decent set of radio headphones that I've used for about 6 years now - never had any problem (apart from a small glitch last year). This year, sitting in T17 on Wednesday for free practice, RLM was constantly cutting out, so much so that it was impossible to listen to. At Mulsanne for that evenings qualifying session, I could get no reception at all. Although Mulsanne is notorious for poor reception due to the pylons there, I've always managed to get something I could listen to. My friend Tony suffered the same problems. From Thursday onwards however, the reception improved and was perfect throughout the race (including spells at Arnage and again at Mulsanne). Tony could get nothing at all.... Did anyone else at the circuit experience this?
Old 2 Jul 2017, 21:01 (Ref:3748528)   #567
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the past years, I have only had problems sitting on grandstand Leonard. Many, many times I had to adjust my analog signal to prevent the frence signal. It was/is very annoying. This year however it only occured a few times, again only sitting on my grandstand. I did not however listen to the radio on wednesday, the first two sessions I only listen to the music the cars produce.
Old 3 Jul 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3748599)   #568
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Didn't find any issues this year. Ironically the only time it drops out for me, albeit briefly because I'm on the move, is right by the RLM compound at the entrance to the pedestrian tunnel underneath the start/finish.
Old 3 Jul 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3748650)   #569
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Dropped out for me about 10-15 mins after the race ended, but that might have been more to do with my radio batteries destroying themselves.
Old 17 Jun 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3831430)   #570
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Enjoyed listening to RLM again this year, despite all the apps I prefer to listen. Shame RLM has not that many advertisers, I think I heared something about a race in Silverstone.................. probably a thousand times
Old 17 Jun 2018, 18:30 (Ref:3831455)   #571
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Enjoyed listening to RLM again this year, despite all the apps I prefer to listen. Shame RLM has not that many advertisers, I think I heared something about a race in Silverstone.................. probably a thousand times
I listened for the entire race and through the team did a great job as usual. The pit lane team is an invaluable resource, and I don't even like watch endurance races anymore when Trusswell isn't there keeping everything straight!
Old 17 Jun 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3831456)   #572
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I enjoyed it and listened virtually throughout qualifying and the race. I missed Sam's contributions though and I assume that Jim Roller is unlikely to return now. Some of the prerecorded Mobil 1 endorsements were excrutiatingly long, but I guess we can all understand why this is necessary....
Old 17 Jun 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3831457)   #573
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The team did a good job. Some things are getting laughable now.

I think I didn’t listen for much longer this year
Old 17 Jun 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3831458)   #574
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's not really a polite way to put this (but I will say I do love RLM), but too often it turns into a soapbox and it's all about "This is my opinion. I am important". It reads really harshly, and I do absolutely love them, but maybe sometimes it just needs brought back a little.

Same with Martin Haven. Love Martin, love his passion and I'm always amazed how many sports he can commentate on (how does he know all this stuff?), but he does have a tendency of getting into soapbox arguments...sometimes with people who know more than him.

I'd much rather have them than not. I don't care about the ads too. It was quite amusing, but they have to fund the company. Anyone want to go to Silverstone?
Old 17 Jun 2018, 18:55 (Ref:3831460)   #575
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The fact is that we know who sprays most of the 'soap' on RLM. Prejudices have become more evident over the last few years and while I'm happy for anyone to express their opinion, I don't want it rammed down my throat constantly. We all know that there were very clear and obviousl broadcasting influences throughout the Audi heydays, but it's no good saying 'I respect your opinion' when you clearly don't…..