Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 8 May 2016, 14:16 (Ref:3640121)   #201
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
A couple of years after LM 1999, I had a mail order catalogue from one of the model shops I used to buy from- It had a list of the Le Mans car kits they stocked, which was laid out as a spreadsheet with columns for car, year, race number, team and sponsor etc.

For the CLR, in the 'sponsor' column, some comedian had put 'Lufthansa'
Old 8 May 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3640131)   #202
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well it did spend quite a while in the air
Old 8 May 2016, 16:54 (Ref:3640153)   #203
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They should have had Red Bull sponsorship.........
I was looking for a good one, and you've done it !
Old 25 Oct 2017, 19:29 (Ref:3776446)   #204
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This looks quite interesting....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Le-Mans-Ra...53.m1438.l2649
Old 25 Oct 2017, 20:03 (Ref:3776463)   #205
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The text on the box is just awesome!
Quote:
Now YOU drive a sports car in this realistic Family/Social RACING GAME
A realistic racing board game?
Old 26 Oct 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3776678)   #206
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The only 'sims' in those days were Joan! (That's one for the (older) Brits - others can Google..... )
Old 27 Oct 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3776802)   #207
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
'Carry on camping'. I think I will
Old 27 Oct 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3776807)   #208
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
'Carry on camping'. I think I will
One of her best performances
Old 27 Oct 2017, 20:28 (Ref:3776860)   #209
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
UNLIMITED HARD BRAKING!
Old 10 Feb 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3800213)   #210
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Le Mans Programme 1961

Some of you may have seen my post in Armchair referring to my attempt to sell some old F1 programmes on eBay for a friend. That wasn't very successful, 4 out of 6 sold very cheaply. When I took the two remaining programmes back to him this morning, he showed me the attached. A 1961 Le Mans programme, complete with insert. The programme is in really good condition (the discolouration in the photo is down to shadow on my quickly taken photo) apart from a tear in the cover. Really nice!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0736.JPG   IMG_0737.JPG  
Old 13 Feb 2018, 22:44 (Ref:3801134)   #211
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The only 'sims' in those days were Joan! (That's one for the (older) Brits - others can Google..... )
Ehhhh laddie! there was also Sylvia :-)

http://www.sylviasyms.co.uk/
Old 14 Feb 2018, 18:43 (Ref:3801336)   #212
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, of course!
Old 3 Mar 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3805448)   #213
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Anyone seen one of these before? I bought it quite a few years ago. (I may have posted pics of it before). Its a desk set comprising a letter opener, pen holder, two pens and a pencil and a notepad and holder. All in a nice leather (or leather-effect, I don't know) box made by Richard SA from Saumur. It's not race-related, and I imagine they made lots with different 'medals' inserted for various French towns. It's not silver, but stainless steel, by the look of it.... It's never been used.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4597.jpg   IMG_4598.jpg  
Old 22 May 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3823993)   #214
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
On checking through some of my old Le Mans memorabilia, I discovered that I have mislaid some of my old enceintes generals (entry tickets). I am missing 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990 and 1992. If anyone has any of these tickets and would be prepared to part with them, perhaps they could let me know?
Old 22 May 2018, 17:20 (Ref:3824000)   #215
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
will have a look but might have some of those
Old 22 May 2018, 17:46 (Ref:3824002)   #216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Simon.
Old 22 May 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3824027)   #217
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, can't help, my tickets start from 2005. You are a true veteran.
Old 22 May 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3824029)   #218
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK just found my old ticket wallet, full set since 1990 but the early ones were on thin paper so not in as good condition as those from 1993. Not sure what happened to ones before 1990. So not sure you would want my 1990 and 1992.
I also have duplicates for 2008, 2010 to 2017 if anyone wants them.
Old 22 May 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3824065)   #219
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Sorry, can't help, my tickets start from 2005. You are a true veteran.
In so many ways!
Old 22 May 2018, 20:08 (Ref:3824068)   #220
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
OK just found my old ticket wallet, full set since 1990 but the early ones were on thin paper so not in as good condition as those from 1993. Not sure what happened to ones before 1990. So not sure you would want my 1990 and 1992.
I also have duplicates for 2008, 2010 to 2017 if anyone wants them.
I guess if they're really bad, perhaps not, but in the absence of my own, which were not exactly pristine (as I recall), I'd take 'em if you were willing to part with them.....
Old 22 May 2018, 20:24 (Ref:3824074)   #221
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enjoy any physical tickets while you can I guess. Is it possible to get e-ticket general admission for Le Mans yet?

By the way if any of the 'veterans' want to post a picture of their ticket collection I'd be interested to see.
Old 22 May 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3824077)   #222
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll post mine in the next few days, apart from the missing six (although I think I may have now 'sourced' one of them......). What you need to remember is that many of them are very dull, nothing like the earlier 'poster' versions. There are some years you can only tell apart by looking at the date of the race...... I do however still have a nicely blackened Parking Rouge somewhere......
Old 22 May 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3824081)   #223
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
They are quite tatty but will bring all of them to the meeting if i remember so people can have a look and if you want the old ones. They just sit in a draw now never look at them.

Had a look on ebay and quite a few 2018 tickets there but a TR camping one they are still asking £200 for not much chance of getting that.

Did see a set of 1987 tickets look in good sharpe chap Bid is 5.50 min no takers yet and just 23 hours left
Old 22 May 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3824089)   #224
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, that '87 set was the one I referred to above. I've agreed a deal with the seller....
Old 22 May 2018, 21:29 (Ref:3824090)   #225
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
they looked in good condition. the first years at le mans my tickets lived in my pocket or wallet so obviously the condition suffered, not sure when i started using the plastic wallet hung round the neck but suspect it was mid nighties by the condition of my old tickets