Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 3 Jun 2007, 12:58 (Ref:1927517)   #1
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ABC Supply/ A.J. Foyt 225

Helio takes the pole for today's race here is the link for the starting grid.

http://www.indycar.com/news/2007/mil...rting_grid.pdf
Old 3 Jun 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1927813)   #2
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With title so close between the Ganassi's and now Franchitti in the mix, getting interesting.

Will Dario be so re-energised now he'll be able to make a true championship challenge for AGR?

Dan's well positioned to regain his pre-Indy pace again though.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1927818)   #3
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm worried the race might not get off today. There's a front moving through Wisconsin today; I've been watching AMA Superbikes at Road America on SPEED Channel, and it's been raining on and off all afternoon.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1927848)   #4
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My fears look to be unabated. The rain has stayed to the north, and the sun is peeking out of the clouds at race time.

A.J. Foyt calls the drivers "girls and boys" during the engine command. Love him or hate him, he's one of a kind.

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 3 Jun 2007 at 20:09.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1927862)   #5
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Dan Wheldon looks a lot like Ed Carpenter today...
Old 3 Jun 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1927980)   #6
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Danica looks like a spoiled brat - I just wish Dan would have said to her "if you have a problem take it up with Marco" - silly woman - if she was winning races i'd have time for her attitude
Old 3 Jun 2007, 23:02 (Ref:1928002)   #7
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
Kanaan wins for the second year in a row here is the link to the results.

http://www.indycar.com/stats/full_ra...&statYear=2007
Old 3 Jun 2007, 23:26 (Ref:1928013)   #8
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And Dario takes the lead of the championship.

Great stuff. Sorry for Helio though - Two Penske rear wing failures are quite worrying.
Old 3 Jun 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1928019)   #9
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The rear wing definitely isn't supposed to snap off like that. For it to happen to teammates within laps of each other, the problem has to stem from within Team Penske. They'll find out what went wrong before next week, for sure.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 02:58 (Ref:1928050)   #10
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
The Penske wing problems happened at a very conveinient time for Andretti Green Racing.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 06:05 (Ref:1928086)   #11
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Milwaukee is the fastest track that uses that wing configuration, so there's a good chance they could run that wing with no issues at the road courses, iowa, and richmond.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1928106)   #12
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The wing isn't going to be an issue in the future. It's not a Dallara problem, it's a Penske instillation problem, and you can be sure that they've already taken the steps to ensure that what happened yesterday will never happen again.

I've listened to the interviews of Danica and Dan after the race, and while Danica appeared to be very frustrated with the incident, Dan came off very much like a condescending jerk. I'd want to push him around, too, if he acted that way around me.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 07:53 (Ref:1928131)   #13
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hadn't seen any such whining by Dan after last week's race when he had a very justified complaint so she should live with it and move on and if you feel you need to have a word then take it up in private rather than making sure you have a group of 20 photographers around first. Be publicity seeking when you're a championship contender by all means but not when you qualified at the back.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 09:33 (Ref:1928232)   #14
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
congrats to tony kanaan on his 2nd win of the year - great day for andretti green, bad day for penske...
Old 4 Jun 2007, 09:46 (Ref:1928254)   #15
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
So when is the right time to confront another driver? Wheldon has done his share of talking as have others. I say good for Danica for having the guts to say something WHILE the world was watching.

I am tired of this whole "Chip 'n Dale" act drivers do where they do the "The Andretti-Green do wah diddy day sposnored car was good today except we had an incident on lap whatever with the Target Chip Ganassi blah blah and we'll have to check the telemetry.." and blah blah blah.

Racing incident, both of them are peeved. At least they care.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1928399)   #16
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC
So when is the right time to confront another driver? Wheldon has done his share of talking as have others. I say good for Danica for having the guts to say something WHILE the world was watching.

I am tired of this whole "Chip 'n Dale" act drivers do where they do the "The Andretti-Green do wah diddy day sposnored car was good today except we had an incident on lap whatever with the Target Chip Ganassi blah blah and we'll have to check the telemetry.." and blah blah blah.

Racing incident, both of them are peeved. At least they care.
Yeah can't really argue with that John. To be honest I tend not to listen to US interviews after the race nowadays because I know I won't learn anything other than the name of the sponsor and the crew chief or spotter.

Maybe it's just Danica generally that peeves me. At least we're not treated to an hour of Danica-cam per race these days, except at Indy where at least she does actually race competetively, so fully deserves some air time.

And maybe the end of the Indy also peeves me. I have seen incredibly little talk anywhere about Marco (or his spotter - whoever) taking out a few cars in the "world's biggest race"(TM). You know what - that was a racing accident too and Dan showed class by just accepting Marco didn't see him and hoped he was ok.

All that said I don't mind Danica showing some emotion because there is precious little enough of that in the sport as it is. Just she needs to get some perspective and let her driving skills (of which she has many without doubt) do the talking.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1928454)   #17
Charlies
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Charlies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a dull race, but at least the championship is closer. Kanaan deserved a win after Indy and it's good to see AGR making it a three way dice.

For me the biggest disappointment is Marco. I can't see why he seems to have fallen back after his rookie year.