Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 24 Jun 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1945554)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Iowa Race Thread

This could be a great race to watch this weekend.

The Speedway sold out the permanent grandstand seats and erected more temporary stands to accommodate the public demand for tickets.

This place looks very, very fast, and it has at least two racing lines....might be a lot of side-by-side racing here...

I hope you enjoy the race, and please share your thoughts in here...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 15:48 (Ref:1945564)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see a new track and event onto the calender.

Sold out seats is very encouraging obvioulsy those in Iowa are race fans and not qualifying fans going by this photo http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/mod...rder=0&thold=0

In regards to the multiple lines theory Dixon had this to say "Because the corners have such a tight radius, the middle groove is so much longer to go around,"

"With the grip these cars have, you don't get the benefit of taking the high line. That's going to be tough."
Old 24 Jun 2007, 15:56 (Ref:1945566)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Great to see a new track and event onto the calender.

Sold out seats is very encouraging obvioulsy those in Iowa are race fans and not qualifying fans going by this photo http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/mod...rder=0&thold=0

In regards to the multiple lines theory Dixon had this to say "Because the corners have such a tight radius, the middle groove is so much longer to go around,"

"With the grip these cars have, you don't get the benefit of taking the high line. That's going to be tough."
They were probably going to Knoxville Speedway to watch the short-trackers from USAC Midgets and the winged-sprinters...Iowans love open-wheel oval racing....

They'll turn out in droves today....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:29 (Ref:1945604)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wheldon lost it on the start. One or two drivers (including Danica) had a little problem with the back end, but Dan didn't catch it and ended up in the wall backwards. Unfortunately Schekter got had no where to go and ended up there with him. Otherwise it seems no one was involved.

Last edited by Tim Northcutt; 5 Jul 2007 at 20:27.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1945609)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The rooster tails look great.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1945610)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wheldon out again?

I can't recall him having a run like this for a long time...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1945613)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
He mentioned his bad run and hoped he would bounce back.

Milka doesn't look like she is having fun...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1945622)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
All the good drivers are messing up!

Helio spun exiting the pits. Tony has spun in a Dan-esque way. Poor Simmons got caught up in it despite putting in some good high line running.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1945628)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
....and Milka Duno coasted through to victory...
Old 24 Jun 2007, 18:36 (Ref:1945637)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I'm not sure anyone will make it. Although those left are running out of people to crash into.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1945666)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

What is this? Marco still running on an oval?

Six people on the lead lap?

Last edited by Knowlesy; 24 Jun 2007 at 19:03.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1945680)   #12
Bluewolf
Racer

United States
Woodland Hills California
Bluewolf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congrads to Dario again!!!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 19:45 (Ref:1945686)   #13
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also good runs for Darren Manning, capturing his first top-5 since Pikes Peak 2004 and Buddy Rice with his best finish since Watkins Glen last year.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1945769)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Dario is on form this year. I felt he was stagnating in Indycar, but his results this year are immense. Here's to more of it!
Old 24 Jun 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1945834)   #15
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at the race today live and in person with my brother and my dad. I was in row 6 of the lower grandstands roughly parallel with Franchitti's pit box. It was pretty awesome even with the attrition rate as high as it was. It certainly beats watching it on tv.

I got a good view of the lap 100 restart wreck. It was interesting because you could see Danica was slow taking off and you could tell something bad was going to happen. It was really interesting to see an accident develop like that in person and from the perspective I had. My brother hit the deck during the crash and a piece of debris struck someone about 10 feet from us. I need to watch the tape to see if I can spot us on tv.

It was pretty cool to see and a really nice track. The sound was incredible and you could smell the ethanol in the air. I can't wait to go again next year!

J.D.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 00:42 (Ref:1945900)   #16
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
seemed like the track was pretty light on cars, what was the starting turn-out? only saw pieces but did catch the lap 100 events just flipping through the channels
Old 25 Jun 2007, 02:43 (Ref:1945937)   #17
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
snorey little race
miera and all were running at 100% throttle no lifting anywhere...
Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1946583)   #18
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congradulations to Marco on having a great race and almost winning at an oval. Sarah Fischer beat Danica, and was thae top finishing female driver, though that was because Danica was in a crash on lap 99.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1947438)   #19
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Danica sandwich aside, this race stunk.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1947852)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great win again for Dario - gee i hope he wins this championship...
Old 27 Jun 2007, 13:20 (Ref:1948116)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great result. As Doxon predicted the low line was quicker and had the advantage. The race was hurt by the pace cars in the middle and the lack of runners at the end, but all in all the track looked and ran good
Old 28 Jun 2007, 08:19 (Ref:1948772)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I've finally got the opportunity to watch the race earlier this evening, and found it quite enjoyable. A strange event, in some ways. It would've been nice if not quite so many people had retired...but, well, life goes on.

Much like knowlesy, I too was getting concerned about Dario's fading fortunes...thus this year is quite a relief. It'd be nice to see him go all the way.
Old 29 Jun 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1949626)   #23
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick
Great win again for Dario - gee i hope he wins this championship...
Wouldn't that be great? I reckon he'll do it too. I know half the season's left to run yet but it's Dario's to take this year I think.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1954352)   #24
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
....and Milka Duno coasted through to victory...
Here's some of what was said after that "performance" at Iowa:

Quote:
I duno, Milka

Milka Duno’s first short track oval race was problematic...The official reason for her exit from the race on lap 60 was “handling.” In reality, it had more to do with speed (or lack thereof) that made her a safety hazard to other competitors...
http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?op...=149&Itemid=71

I wonder what will be written this week about that putrid (predictable) performance at Richmond?