Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Apr 2003, 20:46 (Ref:563230)   #26
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz,
So basically you have a problem with Aussies beating Poms and then advertising the fact - You would hate our Cricket, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Soccer teams then wouldnt you!! - Our bloke is even the World Champion at Darts from memory - wait until you see our Tiddly Winks team!!

Face facts Gaz, the drivers and sportsmen dont write the race or game reports, their media people do. Check out a web site called Racelines.com - this site didnt mention anyone but Robbie when James was so far ahead in the Championship that you needed binoculars to see 2nd - its a media thing Gaz and you need to get used to it.

I have never had an F1 crash at 290 kph but I reckon it would hurt a bit more than crashing my ford into a mini in the supermarket carpark - surely you need to cut James some slack here - it would have put him back quite a lot. Sure he came out and won at Oulton but he was not at his peak and didnt rid himself of the constant headaches until after Xmas 2002.

You are a parochial supporter of British racers and you are to be congratulated on your enthusiasm but please remember that racers are "steered" by a Manager who is trying to make as much money out of them as he/she can whilst they are getting to, or at the the top of their careers - dont bag the racers, they are normally just pawns in a much bigger game.
Old 8 Apr 2003, 21:28 (Ref:563303)   #27
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair points you make at the end there Aussie, no I don't hate the Aussie's cos they beat us at nearly everything under the sun though! Couldn't give two hoots about half those sports! Although the tidly winks....!

I understand about managers and that but they also give quotes from the guys in question. Just bugged me how Davison at the circuit was being what seemed honest and then suddenly in the PR there was all this ****! Anyway we'll see with him, time will tell.

I' am a big supporter of British racers, i think it's ace we have so many potential future F1 drivers that are British at the moment. I'm not blinded to only supporting these guys it's just in the UK at the moment it seems most of the good drivers are British! I'm certainly excited at Piquet (not just because of his name) and certainly Jiminez in the Renault's looks hot! I'm not half Brazilian either!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 02:15 (Ref:563465)   #28
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Part of the problem is that Australians have so many great drivers that just don't get a chance to impress.

Most recently, Rob Nguyen (one of our most naturally talented drivers for years) still can't find the budget for a drive ANYWHERE this year.

I've no doubt that Marcos Ambrose would be in F1 or Champ Cars right now if he didn't have to take a crappy French F3 drive for Mygale, because he couldn't afford anything else.

Stateside, Jason Bright and David Besnard are also good recent examples. Not to mention Craig Lowndes and Russell Ingall.

Finally we are starting to see SOME Aussie talent with some money to actually race in important categories. But it is still a massive struggle.

Don't blame James because he couldn't afford a drive in Europe. Not all of us have rich daddies.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 02:55 (Ref:563479)   #29
Jim Tom
Rookie

Jim Tom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz,

I have been testing for the Euro Series, and nowhere have I made any claims (not even in press releases) that I'll be fighting to win the championship. In fact, the plan includes 2 years of Formula 3 in Europe. Hopefully, by the second year, I can be competitive enough to challenge for the title.

There's a lot to learn when you come from Australia.

James Manderson
Old 9 Apr 2003, 07:01 (Ref:563583)   #30
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome James!

Good to have you aboard!

How are the preparations going?
Old 9 Apr 2003, 07:24 (Ref:563599)   #31
Extra Rib
Rookie

Extra Rib should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gaz, in relation to media hype have you ever read any of Robbie Kerr's press releases. This guy floats over the track he's so godlike
Old 9 Apr 2003, 07:46 (Ref:563612)   #32
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Didn't he win the title? Well its fair enough then. My point is when these PR people hype up people to be better than they are. If someone is succesful and is what these PR people are saying then fair enough.

My point about Mr Mandelson wasn't directed really at you. I was just making my point that a
Old 9 Apr 2003, 12:17 (Ref:563865)   #33
Extra Rib
Rookie

Extra Rib should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My point was that he used the same hype all season - not at the end. Some of his press releases are legendary especially when he didn't have good results
Old 10 Apr 2003, 07:42 (Ref:564820)   #34
mac
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
I don’t know what it is with you Aussie’s. You seem to think that every driver of yours that comes to Europe is the next Schumacher or Ayrton Senna and they’re going to annialate every driver under the sun. Granted only Mark Webber out of any of the recent cast are worthy of being talked up as we stand at the moment.
This is what your point had to do with Mr Manderson (you could pay him the courtesy of spelling his name right). In this quote you refer to "every driver of yours that comes to Europe", hence implicating Manderson, Courtney, Davison, Webber, Briscoe, Nguyen, Ambrose, Lowndes, Ingall, Perkins, Jones, Brabhams etc.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 22:29 (Ref:565653)   #35
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
And added 'recently' to that. So you can count Jones, Brabham etc out as thats why I added the word 'recently'. Seems you Aussie's just can't give up, I thought me and Aussie-F3 had a bit of a friendly banter end to this post but you take it on again!

My point was that you lot seem to think all your **recent** drivers that have come to Europe are the next Schumacher and Senna's. All last Winter it was Courtney's gonna walk the championship and all this that Davison and Power are. I was just adding that you lot probably think this Manderson (or whatever) guys gonna walk the Euroseries. I didn't say he thought it himself I was just saying this is probably what you lot think off past form.

You gotta realise that the only two drivers on their way to F1 at the moment on talent alone in the British and Japanese F3 worlds are Green and Piquet. Talk is one thing, actually proving your hype is another. These guys have along with Robbie last year, your Courtney, Davison , Power etc so far haven't, FACT.

Last edited by Gaz; 10 Apr 2003 at 22:31.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 23:51 (Ref:565706)   #36
mac
Veteran

So when you support the Brit drivers, it's ok, yeah? But when we support our drivers it's not?

I've got it sorted now.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 00:22 (Ref:565717)   #37
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they're both lousy
Old 11 Apr 2003, 05:52 (Ref:565842)   #38
overflow
Racer

overflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another one with Courtney paranoia

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
Thats why he escaped to Japan. Yeah he is a good driver but look through the list of drivers there's no competition and he's in the best car with the best team. Perhaps one of the other teams should call Robbie Kerr up!
You Poms won't accept that Courtney is a class act....without the F1 shunt & Robbie Kerr being re-instated after he ran him of the course, Courtney , no doubt , would have won the championship....so don't knock a guy just because he succeeds ...i suppose your down on Shumacher for the same trivial reasons...just because he is better than what your've got...
Old 11 Apr 2003, 09:45 (Ref:566029)   #39
Jim Tom
Rookie

Jim Tom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps you could leave me out of this argument. Its turning into petty name calling, and I think I've been quite clear about what my intentions are.

James Manderson (or whatever)
Old 11 Apr 2003, 11:21 (Ref:566127)   #40
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said, grow up people! Courtney is a damn fine driver as is Robbie. I hope it works out for both.
Old 11 Apr 2003, 12:18 (Ref:566217)   #41
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidStHubbins
Well said, grow up people! Courtney is a damn fine driver as is Robbie. I hope it works out for both.
Here Here...