Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Aug 2014, 19:53 (Ref:3442011)   #26
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received a message from MRL. The HTCC race is cancelled due to lack of entries.
Eh??

I don't understand this, there was a great field at Donington, and we know there's plenty of cars already about of due to appear and the Gold Cup is a biggie in terms of profile.

Why do you think people haven't entered?!
Old 6 Aug 2014, 22:56 (Ref:3442056)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't know.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3442121)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm no expert on fees but would it have been too expensive to do this event on only 1 day, when travel and time constraints are considered?
Old 7 Aug 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3442127)   #29
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
pop by and say hello if you get chance :-) always nice to put faces to usernames
EvilP and I are over marshalling, we'll be easy to spot with the giant Tenths logos on the back of the overalls!
Old 7 Aug 2014, 07:41 (Ref:3442143)   #30
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm no expert on fees but would it have been too expensive to do this event on only 1 day, when travel and time constraints are considered?
Obviously not a problem for us in HTC!!!

Could it be that there's not enough profit in it for MRL !!!
Old 7 Aug 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3442176)   #31
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Eh??

I don't understand this, there was a great field at Donington, and we know there's plenty of cars already about of due to appear and the Gold Cup is a biggie in terms of profile.

Why do you think people haven't entered?!
However, the Gold Cup is effectively two meetings in one - Saturday/Sunday and then Monday.

I would advise that you check your timetable if you wish to watch a particular series because the Paddock empties and refills on Sunday.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3442217)   #32
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why should that be the case? It doesn't stop hundreds of regular HSCC series competitors from entering.
Old 7 Aug 2014, 14:59 (Ref:3442242)   #33
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayBee View Post
However, the Gold Cup is effectively two meetings in one - Saturday/Sunday and then Monday.

I would advise that you check your timetable if you wish to watch a particular series because the Paddock empties and refills on Sunday.

thats a very clever analysis !!
the mandatory church break as per planning permit (i presume) screws up the timetable
hence the Saturday practice/Sunday race scheduling

for a while I did all 3 days, nowadays thats just too long for my taste

Rudolf
Old 14 Aug 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3444271)   #34
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Revised timetable http://www.oultonparkgoldcup.co.uk/m...0Timetable.pdf

and an entry list, race 13 and 19 should be DBT
http://www.oultonparkgoldcup.co.uk/m...ry%20Lists.pdf
Old 14 Aug 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3444338)   #35
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
It would appear the HTC now have two races due to the lack of entries for MRL.

Only 34 historic saloons on the grid. Well happy!!!

Why did the MRL not attract a grid at this "Prestige" meeting?
Old 15 Aug 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3444439)   #36
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not only them but ours (FISCAR) and worse still, the Martini cars. Very disconcerting.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 15 Aug 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3444450)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's possibly the crowded calendar.
Old 15 Aug 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3444505)   #38
Speedy norm
Racer

Speedy norm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dissapointing entry for Martini Trophy. Hscc should do the logical thing and merge with Guards
Old 15 Aug 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3444518)   #39
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm View Post
Dissapointing entry for Martini Trophy. Hscc should do the logical thing and merge with Guards
In the past I thought that the Sports 2000s, and maybe even the Classic Clubmans (in addition to their own race) bolstered the Martini grid?
Old 15 Aug 2014, 21:31 (Ref:3444558)   #40
Speedy norm
Racer

Sports 2000 are already merged only 2 cars i think. Poss the speed difference has not made this a happy alliance. Shame, i think these cars ( martini ) are a wonderful sight.
Super Tourers are down a little also. Nevertheless i will be there for the 3 days
Old 16 Aug 2014, 06:15 (Ref:3444614)   #41
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Several of the grids for Oulton are disappointing but with the exception of the International Trophy meeting, there have been some small grids in various races at Cadwell, the "Super"Prix and Thruxton with HSCC this season.
The Finals day is usually full, so I suspect we might be spectating at only three HSCC events next season
However we will be at OP all three days
Old 16 Aug 2014, 07:43 (Ref:3444619)   #42
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, interesting observation, John. I think that Peter maybe right about too much historics; but on the other hand, has that not been true for some years now? HSCC has tended to buck the trend in the past but maybe this year, we have reached saturation levels. Having said that I can point to valid reasons why about 10-12 of our more regular FISCAR cars haven't come out this year and they would have made the difference between the very average grids we have had to being great grids. It doesn't take much either way to swing the balance.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 16 Aug 2014, 09:02 (Ref:3444626)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Another point is that the M6 on a bank holiday is not fun. However I think the main points are that the same cars were at Silverstone as we're most of the drivers. Add to that the point that everyone who has to work, is stretched, as am I, so entries will suffer. That said, I was looking forward to the event. My next outing will be Portugal in October.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 09:03 (Ref:3444627)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
*as were*
Old 16 Aug 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3444637)   #45
GSD
Rookie

GSD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy norm View Post
Imagine being in a twincam sports racer and having the leading martini's come by! Difference in cornering speed is enormous and mixing big fat slick avons with cars running skinny dunlops is not a good idea in my opinion.

Speed difference would be like mixing a handful of leading derek bell trophy cars into the formula junior race, except all the cars are wider so even less room on track...
Old 16 Aug 2014, 14:24 (Ref:3444666)   #46
Speedy norm
Racer

My comment on merging the 2 grids was just for this meeting. As for speed dif 2 yrs ago at same meeting John Burton qualified Gp 6 car in 1 min 39. In the guards trophy race B8 were doing 1.49. However this time was vastly faster than the twin cam racers in same grid. This has been discussed on other threads. Pos take b6 b8 out of guards I would hate to see HSCC drop the martini series as for me they are the most attractive cars out there.
Old 16 Aug 2014, 23:18 (Ref:3444733)   #47
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
has anybody received their tickets yet ?

i have not

Rudolf
Old 17 Aug 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3444757)   #48
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Mine arrived friday. Probably a little late due to last minute timetable changes.
Old 17 Aug 2014, 09:52 (Ref:3444772)   #49
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep just back home and mine are on kitchen table . Bit of a result as the races I'm involved in Sunday and Monday have the same parking area . That be a first .
Old 17 Aug 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3444773)   #50
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
My tickets have arrived now...

The entry of some races is surprisingly thin

Rudolf