Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 29 Jun 2007, 18:19 (Ref:1949928)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Richmond Race Weekend Thread

They've already held the first practice session today and Vitor Meira crashed his primary car when the same left-front suspension part that broke last week at Iowa did it again as he was braking to enter the pits.

Only the left rear corner of the car did not sustain damage, so they are putting an engine in the "T" car.

If these are Panther-made parts, they should go back to the Dallara parts....

But I haven't read any confirmation that Panther is building these pieces.

Either way, they will have to address this to ensure that it does not keep occurring.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 29 Jun 2007, 21:57 (Ref:1950074)   #2
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yer I just watched the video of that accident, I'd be pretty worried if the same part broke twice within a week, it's almost like the Penske wing incidents. I hope they made the parts themselves otherwise Dallara have something against them!
Old 30 Jun 2007, 01:17 (Ref:1950167)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I havent seen this weeks crash but last weeks breakage was really bizzare , someone's quality control checks dont seem to be in place if it has happened again.

Hopefully they can get it sorted.

as for the race I take it qualifying was rained out or something as no one set any times ??
Old 30 Jun 2007, 04:04 (Ref:1950199)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes...It rained just before quals were to begin...

Season points have set the field, which hurt Marco...he was quick today and wouldn't be starting in the back third of the pack if the session would've been happened...

Old 30 Jun 2007, 07:19 (Ref:1950248)   #5
OpenWheel4ever
Racer

European Union
OpenWheel4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Yes...It rained just before quals were to begin...

Season points have set the field, which hurt Marco...he was quick today and wouldn't be starting in the back third of the pack if the session would've been happened...
That's sad for Marco cause he had a good start this weekend. I don't like the way they are based on the standings. I remember in 2005, when I attended the Nashville race, the qualifications were cancelled due to rain and the poleman was the one who has the best practice times, in this case Tomas Scheckter who earned the pole...That was fair.

Go Marco!!
Old 30 Jun 2007, 09:30 (Ref:1950332)   #6
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gives a slightly different grid for a change though - as championship standings aren't representative of the normal qualifying performance we see.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 06:45 (Ref:1950969)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Less fair, though.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 20:51 (Ref:1951807)   #8
Chewie-1990
Racer

United Kingdom
Chewie-1990 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should have gone for a reverse championship order grid, now that would have made both race and championship interesting! as it is, Franchitti pulls further ahead (not that thats a particularly bad thing)
Old 3 Jul 2007, 16:25 (Ref:1953522)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
This is the first time I've ever remembered them using the season points to set the field...

Last year, they would use the top speed from the combined practice sessions (if held, which they were at Richmond before the rain hit) to set the field.

I prefer the old way of doing it...that method sets it by how they ran on the track where they will race and not how they have done in the previous events.

Old 7 Jul 2007, 01:59 (Ref:1956640)   #10
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting how the championship standings seemed to reflect the pace in the race though. Not many changes up front - and certainly Dario looking to be a deserved points leader.