Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2725035)   #16
Knowlesy
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He is only lacking in experience and a little tactical nous that goes with it. And I mean a little.
"This will be the dullest teammate battle for many years. Worse than Schumacher/Irvine. Ricciardo will never out-qualify Vettel, not once. He might beat him in a race occasionally, if Vettel has trouble. He won't win a single race IMO."

Top Formula 1 analyst Knowlesy previews the 2014 season.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2725040)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I would never said this before now but, yes, I think he is. Strangely enough I think he has learned a lot from Jenson this year and that has made him a more complete driver.

Conversely, Alonso is showing signs of immaturity. In two successive races now he has allowed his temperament to get the better of him.

The other two to take into account are Vettel and Kubica. Probably not Webber, even after today, although I would be happy to be proved wrong on that.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2725042)   #18
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Who do you think is, MrTTraces?
I'd have to say Button is

Seriously I think he is, he's smooth and consistant. Today he proved it from his poor grid slot.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2725054)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry, I left Button out of my list of contenders. He should be in there.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2725055)   #20
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes.

Its obviously I subjective call, but one I am certaiunly right about!
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:33 (Ref:2725061)   #21
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't say he's outright the best because he still lacks the ability to switch off at times, however you can see how much he's matured as one of the Beeb commentators said, before he'd try to occupy a piece of track regardless of whether there was a car there or not already. Now he backs off a bit which Sfettel still doesn't. If Hamilton can get his tyre wear levels down to that of Button's then he's totally sorted to take on anyone! (Except Kobayashi without a front wing)

My personal best driver is Jenson for the simple ability to sit behind someone and then pounce or set several fastest laps in a row given clean air. Do wish he'd make it easier for himself on Saturday mind. Him and Lewis on the front row with a couple of safety cars thrown in would make for an interesting race indeed...

Of course Fred has six tenths on everyone else.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2725066)   #22
Knowlesy
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree on Alonso strider. Earlier in the season he was on a par with Hamilton, but he has let his head drop and is making some extraordinary errors. He is making me think back to 2004 now, when he was similarly off colour.
"This will be the dullest teammate battle for many years. Worse than Schumacher/Irvine. Ricciardo will never out-qualify Vettel, not once. He might beat him in a race occasionally, if Vettel has trouble. He won't win a single race IMO."

Top Formula 1 analyst Knowlesy previews the 2014 season.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2725079)   #23
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I would never said this before now but, yes, I think he is. Strangely enough I think he has learned a lot from Jenson this year and that has made him a more complete driver.

Conversely, Alonso is showing signs of immaturity. In two successive races now he has allowed his temperament to get the better of him.

The other two to take into account are Vettel and Kubica. Probably not Webber, even after today, although I would be happy to be proved wrong on that.
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Strider, but yes, I think Hamilton currently is the best driver out there.
I've always liked Lewis because he is an out and out racer, but he has matured brilliantly and would so love to hear he's going to Ferrari at some stage. Although I may have to wait for Mclaren and Mercedes to part in 2015 for that...
Old 11 Jul 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2725105)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
I think that there are possibly only 3 drivers who are at the top of theiir game at the moment:

Hamilton, Kubica, Webber (even allowing for that Kovy ram)

Hamilton is driving with superlative pace on one lap and a whole race and with steely determination as well as using his brain.

Kubica is taking the Renault further forward than one could imagine and perhaps removing that tag he had garnered of being a whinger and inflexible to engineer. He is quick almost everywhere now and beating teams he shouldn't be.

Webber has driven to 3 brilliant wins this season as well finishing strongly in a number of other rounds, and I think is most likely to win the title.

Of the others:
Alonso is still I think potentially the overall best but seems to have gone a bit blip blip crazy as Ayrton used to say. He is ragged in the extreme but he still has time to come back strongly.....

Vettel is too busy trying to beat Webber and in doing so is beating himself.

Button can't qualify as well as his chief rivals but isn't far off them over a race.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 22:49 (Ref:2725125)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think defiantly this year. The last 4 races he was finished first and second. And in result getting the maxmium out of the car and carrying that car to those results. Melbourne and Barcelona he would have come second if it wasn't for bad luck so he'd be sitting much more ahead in the championship so without the bad luck from those races he's have been on the podium what literally every race? You can't fault how he's driving at the moment considering the Red Bull is the best car.
It's going to be scary if the updates work at Hockenheim and then for the rest of the season....He's insane. I'd say learn from Jense on how to make good calls and plan out a race and not not rely on the team and do qualifying every lap he'll be complete but that's what he like about him as he always makes things happen.

Last edited by luke; 11 Jul 2010 at 22:56.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2725136)   #26
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The best? One of the best yes, but I honestly don't think we can say that any one driver is superlatively better than all the others this year. I tend to group drivers rather than rank them in linear order.

Certainly Hamilton is a more complete driver than ever before, but is he a more complete driver and markedly superior to Kubica, Button or Webber. He is a better qualifier than Button, and maybe fractionally faster and fitter than Webber who is probably at his peak age wise. Kubica's performances this year have been superb and if he was in an identical car then we'd have a more accurate picture of the relative performances.
I don't rate Vettel at the moment with the above four because I don't see the tactical and emotional maturity displayed by my top four.

Alonso, Massa, Vettel, Rosberg make up my next group with Kovalainen's performances best of the rest. So do I think Kovy would do better than TGF in the Brawn Mercedes seat? Yes.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2725148)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
By the amount Hamilton gets preferral treatments lately he will be champion at the end of season. But that isn't making him a better driver than Vettel or Webber this year

Play on.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 00:31 (Ref:2725153)   #28
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!Born Racer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Alonso, Massa, Vettel, Rosberg make up my next group with Kovalainen's performances best of the rest. So do I think Kovy would do better than TGF in the Brawn Mercedes seat? Yes.
Wow, that either means you rate Kovalainen quite a bit more than I do or you think Schumacher is really very bad right now. Which is it? Maybe we could continue this in the Nico VS Michael thread.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2725164)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
I have been a Hammy fan since he started in F1 having seen him in the feeder formulas previously. His ability to drive round handling problems better than his team mate show why he has that "edge", although Jenson can match his times when his car is perfect on the day. I think he is a good ambassador for the sport and very rarely spits the dummy out in public even when the chips are down, unlike some others !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Jul 2010, 01:21 (Ref:2725166)   #30
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
unlike some others !
Naming no names. You didn't give the contents of that pot a stir.