Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2771542)   #436
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I have this feeling that you're right. I was watching P1 and he only had about 45 minutes in that plus another 10 in P2. It's going to be tough, particularly if tomorrow is wet and the race dry.

Maybe that never-say-die attitude will help him pull something out of the bag. I hope so.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2771547)   #437
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Lewis has had 1 win, 3 DNFs, 2 crashes and one more today since I started this thread.

Jinx.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2771556)   #438
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, I must admit in my eyes his stock value has with a few stutters, gradually declined over the course of this year.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 20:44 (Ref:2771610)   #439
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
He's just hit that crap run of results/form that every great driver suffers from at some point, it's not as though he's been slow is it, just an unfortunate run of events and subsequent incidents.

In 2008, the sort of thing that happened to him in Singapore would probably have gone in his favour, not Webber's as it turned out. Sometimes things just go against you and there's nothing you can do?
Old 8 Oct 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2771622)   #440
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
So Lewis has had 1 win, 3 DNFs, 2 crashes and one more today since I started this thread.

Jinx.
Yours ?
Old 8 Oct 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2771646)   #441
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
Think if he didn't crash in Monza or Singapore. He'd finish behind webber in the latter but not Monza. I don't think it was entirely his fault at Monza, nor at Singapore. But what happens, happens. Those points are valuable, but Hamilton will rebound. There's 4 races left including Japan. that's a possible 100 points. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say he has the possibility to win Korea and Abu Dhabi. Long straights, tight corners, high speed will play into McLaren's car. Brazil is another potential circuit he could win at. There's nothing but up from here. He's aggressive, good. I'd rather someone go all out and try to pass than watch 'follow the leader' like almost every other driver, bar some Alonso or Kobayashi.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2771649)   #442
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Think if he didn't crash in Monza or Singapore. He'd finish behind webber in the latter but not Monza. I don't think it was entirely his fault at Monza, nor at Singapore. But what happens, happens. Those points are valuable, but Hamilton will rebound. There's 4 races left including Japan. that's a possible 100 points. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say he has the possibility to win Korea and Abu Dhabi. Long straights, tight corners, high speed will play into McLaren's car. Brazil is another potential circuit he could win at. There's nothing but up from here. He's aggressive, good. I'd rather someone go all out and try to pass than watch 'follow the leader' like almost every other driver, bar some Alonso or Kobayashi.
That's assuming there is a Korean GP.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 21:52 (Ref:2771653)   #443
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!TF110 has a real shot at the podium!
I have no doubt there will be. It doesn't take 2 weeks for the pavement to cure. And if what they're saying is true the final layer was laid yesterday. So I HOPE there is one, and I expect there to be one. If there wasn't one we'd probably know by now.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2771662)   #444
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I have no doubt there will be. It doesn't take 2 weeks for the pavement to cure. And if what they're saying is true the final layer was laid yesterday. So I HOPE there is one, and I expect there to be one. If there wasn't one we'd probably know by now.
On the thread about the possibility of the Korean GP going ahead, it was said it can take 4 weeks to cure.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2771669)   #445
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The subject seems to have changed somewhat, but Charlie Whiting is not going to inspect the circuit until after Japan, so we won't know until then.