Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1816831)   #26
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear
Did anyone else notice the "Return to Top" link at the bottom of the page?
Umm.... it's always been there.

Quote:
Another new feature has been provided! The little arrow in the "Last Post" column that enables one to "Go to the Last Post" directly.
Umm.... it's always been there.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1816836)   #27
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ooooooh, pretty!

Did anyone else notice the "Return to Top" link at the bottom of the page?

I didnt! cos i haven't got one!
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:07 (Ref:1816844)   #28
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i like the new design, sometimes its nice to have a few changes
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:35 (Ref:1816872)   #29
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88
I didnt! cos i haven't got one!
You needn't feel left out because I haven't got one either.

*edit* Oh yes I have. I've just found it on the bottom toolbar *edit*

Last edited by silver bullet; 16 Jan 2007 at 19:38.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:36 (Ref:1816874)   #30
DavidBritainUK
Rookie

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
DavidBritainUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A change is as good as a rest... from stareing at the screen too long.

Thank's for keeping the forum, and the site maintained and updated.

Cheers.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:39 (Ref:1816877)   #31
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At first glance it looks very smart, but then I noticed the icons on the left hand side and the "go to last post" buttons. I know these things take a lot of hard work to produce but I don't like them. I DO like the black though - that looks very nice.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 19:41 (Ref:1816879)   #32
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
Any time you enter the forum by going to tentenths.com and then into the forum the skin will be reset to the default (new) liquid style.
I assume that selecting the desired skin in 'MY CP' will over-ride that?

Last edited by Dave Brand; 16 Jan 2007 at 19:43.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:10 (Ref:1816904)   #33
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I noticed it straight away because of the blue sides. And then the "quote" and "reply" buttons and it gets a positive review from me . The only worry i have so far is that it feels slightly clumpy, that could because of the 3d and shadow effects on certain icons. I have only been using it a few mins anyways, but yeah i think it looks good . The icons down the left of topics seem to be much easier to see which topics are hot or have new posts
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1816919)   #34
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I HATE having to scroll towards the right to see the text.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1816921)   #35
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not such a fan of it, but it seems very clear and readable
Old 16 Jan 2007, 21:19 (Ref:1816958)   #36
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mines here too, silver bullet. I swear it wasn't there a minute ago. i think thebear was hiding them...
Old 16 Jan 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1816988)   #37
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
I HATE having to scroll towards the right to see the text.
Yes, there is a horizontal scroll on 800x600 resolution (or lower) however the analytics show that only a small (<8%) of the page displays in December were on an 800x600 screen. Of course you can always set your link to tentenths.com/forum instead of tentenths.com and then select "Solid" from the skin choices and it shouldn't revert to the new layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
I assume that selecting the desired skin in 'MY CP' will over-ride that?
Only if you use tentenths.com/forum as a link. Any visit to just tentenths.com will reset the My CP setting to the new design.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 07:28 (Ref:1817200)   #38
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to the mid-90's....I'm really not fond of this new look.

Interesting? yes
Different? yes
Ugly? yes

Each to their own I guess...

But it doesn't affect the content, and thats why I visit.
Old 17 Jan 2007, 08:44 (Ref:1817246)   #39
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i like it, the icons on the left showing if you've got new posts etc are much clearer. The colours seem a little "unbalanced" between the buttons and the rest of the forum ( dark vs light) but i've seen far, far worse!
Old 17 Jan 2007, 12:27 (Ref:1817431)   #40
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only problem I have with it is I have to get used to it! I'm staring at the little bubbles beside each topic and thinking: "What the heck does that mean?"
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 17 Jan 2007, 15:15 (Ref:1817626)   #41
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Yes, there is a horizontal scroll on 800x600 resolution (or lower) however the analytics show that only a small (<8%) of the page displays in December were on an 800x600 screen.
I'm not quite sure what that figure represents. I use 800 x 600 because I don't like viewing web pages with everything squashed into the middle & a big border on either side, a situation which applies to the majority of the sites I'm regularly using - I'm happy to scroll horizontally if required, but if the option of 800 horizontal resolution is there, I want to use it.

As for the new design.......if it weren't for the width thing, I'd have no problems using it, but it does look a bit 'Fisher Price'!

(of course, you rich folks with the big screens won't see what all the fuss is about - it's only us paupers with 17" monitors who have problems! )
Old 17 Jan 2007, 15:29 (Ref:1817642)   #42
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
(of course, you rich folks with the big screens won't see what all the fuss is about - it's only us paupers with 17" monitors who have problems! )
14.5" widescreen laptop display here most of the time and use 1280x800 resolution, I honestly could never work with 800x600 any more! :P
Old 17 Jan 2007, 22:49 (Ref:1818003)   #43
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
800X600 is annoying and makes everything take up far too much space...

I've decided, after a few days of use, that skins a-okay, you have my approval!
Lucky you, eh?

Was bit of a shock, but, that's gone now, and the forum markers are much clearer.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 10:17 (Ref:1818288)   #44
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NBG

Lots of colour and movement!!

The design and colours are very nice ....but

the CONTENT to WHITE RATIO is appallingly inefficient....I hate scrolling/page downing at the best of times
Old 18 Jan 2007, 10:21 (Ref:1818291)   #45
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
the CONTENT to WHITE RATIO is appallingly inefficient....I hate scrolling/page downing at the best of times
Vertically the only thing that's changed is the banner is a little larger and the top navigation is slightly more spaced, within the actual post nothing was changed except the button graphics, so not sure where you think the content/white ratio has changed.

In a very unscientific test, with adverts switched on, looking at page 2 of this thread took 52 clicks of my wheel mouse to scroll through using the old design and 54 clicks using the new design. With adverts OFF it's 48 for old and 49 for new.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 20:21 (Ref:1818747)   #46
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
800X600 ?? I thought 1024*768 was outdated.... ill just stick with the 1280x1024 thanks :P

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 18 Jan 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1818756)   #47
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
800X600 ?? I thought 1024*768 was outdated.... ill just stick with the 1280x1024 thanks :P
I remember when 800x600 was considered high resolution and web designer were advised to design for 640x480!!!! 85% of page displays in December were on 1024x768.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1818757)   #48
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie
Is that all? At the moment my screen resolution is 1920x1200.
Old 18 Jan 2007, 23:34 (Ref:1818925)   #49
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
PapaJuliet has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
I remember when 800x600 was considered high resolution and web designer were advised to design for 640x480!!!! 85% of page displays in December were on 1024x768.
I am using 1024*768 and I find I have to scroll. I can just about get rid of the scroll bar if I have the window almost the same width as the screen but i don't like it like that. I thought the internals were supposed to resize to fit the window? It always used to.

I don't mind the colour scheme but I object to the fact that I can't make my window the size I want.

PJ

Last edited by PapaJuliet; 18 Jan 2007 at 23:36.
Old 19 Jan 2007, 10:07 (Ref:1819193)   #50
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
There is an element somewhere in the new design that prevents the screen collapsing to narrower than about 930px.

If anyone wants to shrink the window smaller than that then change the style to 10Tenths - Solid from the drop-down menu at the bottom left of any screen, this will go as low as about 780px across before it displays a scroll bar.