Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Mar 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2142631)   #76
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I would say ********, but I'd get told off, so . . . .

piffle Drabble, you wear deck shoes not lace ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I operate on a shoe string budget....
Old 2 Mar 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2142650)   #77
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
one might argue that Gp2/AppK is cheapest, its supposedly production stuff, ie the way the car was built . . . it only gets expensive if you let it , ok you won't win a race in a std car but you can be in a race, properly, on a normal working mans budget (a lot nearer 4 figures than 6+ shall we say!)

IF you want to push it and go bespoke/extreme FIA it can get expensive I'm sure, and its pretty obvious that it gets very expensive for some ( especially when the prepper sees you coming in your german owned british marque!)

HRSR regs champion 'free' regs on most components, therefore inviting imaginitive and ingenious engineering and preparation, read potentially very expensive. That is highly commendable in its own way, its also completely legitimate and valid in a Gp5 and post 65/66 club racing kind of way.

the two are very different however, and IMO should be separate series, the HSCC could and I think should seriously consider doing this

tin tops are the most popular/entertaining spectator races, so while we're at it lets suggest a 70's rust race as well . . .BL racer anyone

Last edited by zefarelly; 2 Mar 2008 at 21:32.
Old 2 Mar 2008, 21:34 (Ref:2142662)   #78
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly

so while we're at it lets suggest a 70's rust race as well . . .BL racer anyone
Why not there aren't that many Alfa's left are there
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Mar 2008, 21:56 (Ref:2142692)   #79
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
its only 2-pak paint thats holds most of them together !
Old 3 Mar 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2143027)   #80
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think BL had discovered two pack then Zef,it must have been much later.As for the Alfa's being a bit short in supply,I know a man with three Saloons in a barn,and amazingly they are all in pretty good order.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2143042)   #81
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
[quote=terence bower]I know a man with three Saloons in a barn,quote]
Sounds like my sponsor !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Mar 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2143048)   #82
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not "That" sort of Saloon.
Old 3 Mar 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2143057)   #83
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Chuck pooh is stronger than steel !
Old 3 Mar 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2143406)   #84
Brendan Roberts
Rookie

Brendan Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I correct to think that Top Hat is now FIA appx K? If so that gives FIA cars Top Hat and U2TC. HRSR provides for a 'broader church' and if HRSR have got it right then drivers will support it. Having just tested my Alfa after an 18month engine rebuild (and even after 18m its still 1588cc 78.5 bore!) I am now looking at where to run. Just received the HRSR regs. How do they differ from previous HRSR regs or are they the same? Biggest issue to me as a possible new entrant is driving standards as the incident at Silverstone 'finals' and general 'reputation' on the bush telegraph is that HRSR has a tad too much avoidable contact. I dont see what the fuss is about HRSR regs. If you want to race in pure FIA Appx K then that is well catered for and lots available, so do that. If you just want to get out and enjoy a race meeting irrespective then whats wrong with HRSR in an FIA Appx K car? Simon Drabble's argument about cost may be true but if you had an HRSR car already the prospect of converting to Appx K to run in the same series would be an issue. As I see it there is an Appx K class and provided the regs provide for a level playing field and transparency the racing should be fine. Its more the prospect of a Mustang wing nudging my Italian ali that worries me................
Old 3 Mar 2008, 17:10 (Ref:2143418)   #85
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well said, except for the bit about Mustang wings and Italian ali. You'll get the anti yank tank brigade going again.

*Puts on tin hat and retires.*
Old 3 Mar 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2143449)   #86
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
don't worry theres plenty of European panels to dent as well !

to ba fair to the HRSR I think they generally attract european cars and it was a pair of 'fia' mustangs that caused the carnage at the finals, but we've been through all that already

agreed Brendan, if you have a top spec car you'll be in the thick of it but the average App K car will be at the back of it! judging by your bills you'd be expecting to be on the front row!
Old 13 Mar 2008, 12:51 (Ref:2150741)   #87
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know the result of the vote?
Old 15 Mar 2008, 23:51 (Ref:2152985)   #88
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Anyone know the result of the vote?
Sorry Roger. Been away then down at Race Retro at Stoneleigh - great show.

The result was 21 - 16 in favour of allowing more big engine cars as the same type currently racing.

Interestingly, 10 of the 17 App K drivers eligible to vote did not do so and 3 of the 7 who did voted for the proposal.

Peter
Old 16 Mar 2008, 09:13 (Ref:2153388)   #89
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's an interesting result. A fairly close run thing, and if those 3 app K drivers had voted the other way, the result would have gone that way, too .... just! Also interesting about the abstainers. Peter, how many were eligible to vote altogether?
Old 16 Mar 2008, 10:45 (Ref:2153434)   #90
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
That's an interesting result. A fairly close run thing, and if those 3 app K drivers had voted the other way, the result would have gone that way, too .... just! Also interesting about the abstainers. Peter, how many were eligible to vote altogether?
65, John.
Old 16 Mar 2008, 13:48 (Ref:2153658)   #91
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, Peter. Any idea why so many abstainers? Presumably not bothered either way!
Old 16 Mar 2008, 15:07 (Ref:2153747)   #92
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Thanks, Peter. Any idea why so many abstainers? Presumably not bothered either way!
Not really sure, John. Probably not apathy but more that some drivers just want to come along and race, either a full season or just the odd race, but don't want particularly to get involved in other matters.

I have a full breakdown of the result as a word document and when I learn how to do it I'll post it here.
Old 16 Mar 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2154132)   #93
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
its the nationwide political climate

apathy rules man!
Old 16 Mar 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2154230)   #94
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
its the nationwide political climate

apathy rules man!

Not really sure if it's down to politicians Zef,seems like it's just how some Brits are these days.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 10:28 (Ref:2155470)   #95
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
I have a full breakdown of the result as a word document and when I learn how to do it I'll post it here.[/quote]

I hope the result is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Engine vote result.doc (20.5 KB, 52 views)