Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:49 (Ref:2658658)   #1276
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Still don't understand the turbo part. Are we really sure the engine has a turbo? Doesn't make sense to disallow TDI and allow LPG Turbo.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:59 (Ref:2658663)   #1277
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I didn't know that, but it definitely has a turbo according to Chilton's comments. Plus there are the turbo-engined Vectras competing as well, so they're not alone. I hope we don't have a lot of performance balancing issues this year. I wonder what the Chevy's dispensations are?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2658667)   #1278
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Jordan and Pinkney cars have the NGTC turbo engine. In my opinion that's different.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2658668)   #1279
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
The unit is based on Montune Racing’s Ford Focus 2 liter Duratec petrol engine that was used last season. It uses a Garett turbocharger, a new cast alloy inlet plenum, strengthened pistons & rods and, of course, an LPG injection system. It features the mandatory BTCC Pectel electronic engine management system, while developing 275 hp.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/lp...tcc-18325.html
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2658676)   #1280
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Still don't understand the turbo part. Are we really sure the engine has a turbo? Doesn't make sense to disallow TDI and allow LPG Turbo.
TDI is still fine! Just nobody can get the engine from SEAT. TDI won't be fine in a few years time when NGTC comes in however!
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:17 (Ref:2658677)   #1281
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure I read that Shedden was refused permission to run one in the Leon?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:18 (Ref:2658678)   #1282
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Boardman you mean? I think the problem is more getting the engine from SEAT Sport as opposed to entering them into the BTCC.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:25 (Ref:2658681)   #1283
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
Yes I'm assuming. Red is ALSO assuming.
You are assuming that I am assuming.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:27 (Ref:2658682)   #1284
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Interesting. So we have FWD S2000, RWD S2000, FWD S2000 with NGTC engine, FWD S2000 with a turbo LPG engine and BTC spec cars. Add the numerous dispensations and waivers and Steve Neal will have a lot to moan about.
No 'will have', he already has a lot to moan about and has already started.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2658685)   #1285
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
From the sound of the wastegate chattering as it headed into Druid, yes it's definitely a turbo.

Seemed really odd hearing the turbo on the Focus and Vectras after all these years of N/A engines.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2658689)   #1286
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
TDI is still fine! Just nobody can get the engine from SEAT. TDI won't be fine in a few years time when NGTC comes in however!
Norbert Michelisz and Marin Čolak managed to get TDI engines.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2658696)   #1287
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Interesting things to note from the images on btccpages. Motorbase have gone for the upgraded 2009-spec front splitter, while the car doesn't seem to carry much Airwave branding at the moment. I assume this is a work in progress?
Also note 09-spec bonnet vents. I like the rainbow effect on the front stripes, not sure about the rear wing - looks a little 'gay pride'. I understand there will be less Airwaves branding than last year, but it is a work in progress.

Quote:
WSR running with the white and blue paintjob, with some HM Plant branding on the car.
Either the decal shop was closed when they went to pick up their order or they are in serious trouble. Even the transporter is bare.

Quote:
Pinkney with his black, pink and white paintjob as expected.
Looks awful. Needs some highlighting on the grille to pick out the shape of the car at the front, otherwise it all merges into a big black blob.

Quote:
Team Honda running with Cartridge World logos on the front bumper.
And on rear window. Honda livery looks better in the flesh that I first thought. They've tidied up some of the smaller decals and moved the one from the lower of the rear door which I think helps.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2658697)   #1288
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
In 2010, teams running S2000 cars may also use the new two-litre turbocharged engine that will power the BTCC’s Next Generation Touring Cars (NGTC) which will begin appearing in 2011. Meanwhile, the older BTC-spec cars that populated the grid from 2001-06 are still permitted to compete, but are not eligible to win the Drivers’ or Manufacturers’/Constructors’ championships outright. Uniquely, the BTCC remains the only touring car championship in the world that allows cars powered by petrol, diesel, gas or bio-ethanol to compete (versions of which have all been seen in recent years).
http://btcc.net/html/regulations.php?regulations_id=1

Okay so diesel is still allowed.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2658698)   #1289
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Boardman you mean? I think the problem is more getting the engine from SEAT Sport as opposed to entering them into the BTCC.
Revised BTCC regs this year specifically exclude diesel engines.
Section 5.1 - cars must comply with.. "Art 263 Super 2000 (but not including Art 263D)"
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2658704)   #1290
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
No, it was definitely Shedden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
From the sound of the wastegate chattering as it headed into Druid, yes it's definitely a turbo.

Seemed really odd hearing the turbo on the Focus and Vectras after all these years of N/A engines.
Do they still sound like touring cars should? I was worried they'd be a bit muted, like the Seat Cupra turbocars were.

Quote:
Either the decal shop was closed when they went to pick up their order or they are in serious trouble. Even the transporter is bare.
I wouldn't worry about WSR. Dick Bennetts wouldn't take the risk to run without the funding being there. Why make a big effort to rebrand the team and change a lot of things when you're still angling for new sponsors who may wish to change the colour scheme drastically? At least they have a nice blank canvas to work from. It could well be like 2004 when they ran the black and silver MG with various different sponsors at every meeting.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2658707)   #1291
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Quote:
No, it was definitely Shedden.
When has Shedden driven a Leon apart from taking over the bioethanol one last season?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2658710)   #1292
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about WSR. Dick Bennetts wouldn't take the risk to run without the funding being there. Why make a big effort to rebrand the team and change a lot of things when you're still angling for new sponsors who may wish to change the colour scheme drastically?
I take the point about it being a blank canvas but it's rather late in the day to still be angling for new sponsors.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2658712)   #1293
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
When has Shedden driven a Leon apart from taking over the bioethanol one last season?
That's the one that he wanted to drive this year with a diesel engine but was refused.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:10 (Ref:2658714)   #1294
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
It was in reference to him wanting to run it in that same Leon.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2658720)   #1295
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He used to drive in the Seat Cupra Cup in 2003 and 2004.
I think he had a big crash with Gavin Smith which got Gavin kicked out of the series.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2658741)   #1296
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, chances of a second car at Special Tunning UK? I remeber them confirming they'd run a second car alongside Boardman and that a second driver would be signed "soon". Chance of Jones perhaps?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:50 (Ref:2658744)   #1297
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Focus:

Forgive my ignorance, but is this the LPG or the old petrol from the Spain test?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-qvH7qqzUk&NR=1

The sound feels me with joy at the start of another BTCC season
Old 23 Mar 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2658745)   #1298
Alfa Fan
Veteran

I think if that was happening they'd have announced it today. Seems like no-one wanted to run alongside Boardman in his own team.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2658770)   #1299
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or no one could afford to, or would rather spend their money on something other than a Leon.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2658777)   #1300
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Plato fastest of the day:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=4542
Closed Thread