Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate the race?
10 1 1.32%
9 1 1.32%
8 4 5.26%
7 9 11.84%
6 19 25.00%
5 11 14.47%
4 11 14.47%
3 11 14.47%
2 4 5.26%
1 5 6.58%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 May 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3246718)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
6 is good indeed for all the reasons.
Old 13 May 2013, 13:09 (Ref:3246724)   #52
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was delighted with Ferrari's result and Alonso's win but...

..."I can't drive any slower" coming from Lewis!

I gave it a 1 for yet ANOTHER rubbish Pirelli fiasco.
Old 13 May 2013, 13:35 (Ref:3246741)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Tyre conservation used to be a part of F1 in the 80s and early 90s until refuelling and the pit lane speed limit was introduced. However I am unsure as to what has changed to be honest. Drivers in the 80s (and perhaps 70s also) would often try to finish a race doing 1 stop or maybe no stops, whereas other drivers would stop 2-3 times. The guys doing no stops would have to preserve tyres whereas the drivers stopping 2 or 3 times could really push the tyres. So again, what has changed and why isn't this dynamic the case with modern F1?
What's changed is these tyres don't last that long and you have drivers coming in after only 6 laps and in some cases having to make 4 stops. You can't preserve your tyres, however much you try, if they're designed to last a limited number of laps.
Old 13 May 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3246764)   #54
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gave it a 5 mainly for all the reasons already mentioned.
Old 13 May 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3246766)   #55
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!

Was ok, but as predicted, the DRS zone on the s/f straight was far, far too long. I have no idea what's going through their heads...

Selby
Old 13 May 2013, 17:00 (Ref:3246814)   #56
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
3. Boring, bordering on unwatchable after the first few laps. When tire life is down to 20 minutes on average, and then only if you don't push the tires at all, it makes a complete joke of the race.
Old 13 May 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3246867)   #57
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Someone gave it a 10........

Or was that the total for the last 3 races?
Old 13 May 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3246874)   #58
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Someone gave it a 10........

Or was that the total for the last 3 races?
Alfetafan... maybe he/she saw something different ?
Old 13 May 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3246881)   #59
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 4 just for the start.. I try really hard to like F1, I watched it yesterday and after the great start, I was bored to tears within 15 laps..

Switched over to Speed with V8 Supercars and never looked back.

I'll keep trying.. I really want to like F1 but the tires and general non competitiveness turns me off.. The sport is so tech. oriented which bugs me as well as a novice fan.
Old 14 May 2013, 03:04 (Ref:3247073)   #60
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave it a 6. I did fall asleep and had to continue the race the next day. Not a terrible amount of action.

Still no safety cars for the season!
Old 14 May 2013, 12:20 (Ref:3247251)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Still no safety cars for the season!

Good or bad ?
Old 15 May 2013, 02:03 (Ref:3247647)   #62
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me a safety car can be good or devastating when cheering for your particular driver. However, I do miss seeing a safety car on track...it sure shakes things up.
Old 15 May 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3247673)   #63
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
For me a safety car can be good or devastating when cheering for your particular driver. However, I do miss seeing a safety car on track...it sure shakes things up.
Huh????

jimclark
Old 15 May 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3247716)   #64
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well it sounds better than the F1 cars for a start.
Old 15 May 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3248135)   #65
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The safety car sounds better than F1 cars !
Old 16 May 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3248278)   #66
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just back from Venice last night and sat down and watched the race.

Switched off way before the end. Utter rubbish.
Old 16 May 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3248373)   #67
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

You better watch the highlights, a short one.
Old 16 May 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3248381)   #68
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
You better watch the first three corners.
Fixed that for you.
Old 16 May 2013, 12:43 (Ref:3248388)   #69
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Thanks a lot !
Old 16 May 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3248393)   #70
Richard Jones
Rookie

United Kingdom
Brighton
Richard Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of the commentary seemed to be along the lines of ..

"Driver x seems to be managing his left rear tyre"

"Yes that's interesting as driver y seems to be managing his left front tyre"

Boooooooring

I think I've had enough of F1..again !
Old 16 May 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3248585)   #71
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sell your telly, I did.
Old 16 May 2013, 23:24 (Ref:3248605)   #72
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Sell your telly, I did.
Old 16 May 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3248614)   #73
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
The safety car sounds better than F1 cars !
I'd like to see a Safety Car race; all the different makes and drivers etc.
Old 17 May 2013, 00:32 (Ref:3248635)   #74
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A supposedly crap race still rates a '6' ?????? Pre-Pirelli that would have been a pretty good score.
Old 17 May 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3248675)   #75
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
A supposedly crap race still rates a '6' ?????? Pre-Pirelli that would have been a pretty good score.
Its a polite score...Do you want to see old lady F1 every other week...

Then Pirelli can bring that into your living room at no extra charge..