Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 30 Mar 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3050917)   #1
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What A Great Afternoon

Well what an awesome afternoon............... Met up with my client to have a little play in his new toy, had a quick look round it and he took me out in it.......... The grip this thing has got is mind blowing and it just takes off!!!

Pulled over and swapped seats, straight out of AUTO and into SPORT (paddle shift) and away we went............... WOW is all i can say tbh it felt so solid even at *cough cough cough speed and sounds insane.

Anyway, pic time

Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3050980)   #2
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice! I'm really starting to warm up to these things. I saw one at PLM that was grey without the wing. He had parked it on a hill with at least a 30% bank and it looked like it was stuck on the side of the earth.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3050985)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like em. There's a few here and they are my alternative to the Mustang as a possible drive.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3051011)   #4
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm absolutely in love with the GT-R. Not sure how practical it is a daily car, but in terms of performance, bang-for-buck and day-to-day reliability there is little in its class.

I'll have mine in Gun Metal Grey please!
Old 30 Mar 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3051028)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All I would say to anyone tempted to buy one is do some research on running costs...
Old 30 Mar 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3051055)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nissan made a very capable car for the price then made sure it was a total maintenance drama queen to make up all the money on the back end.

I'd be more than happy to drive one anytime, anywhere, but I would seriously doubt I'd ever buy one, because if I have to put up with that drama, I'd rather sink money into a race car.

These cars require frequent changes of transmission and diff fluid at $120.00 and $70.00 a quart respectively. Each car takes 8-10 quarts of transmission fluid and a couple of quarts of diff fluid. Brake jobs are around $8000. Air filters are $70.00. Tires are $900.00 a piece. You can go aftermarket but Nissan doesn't like that.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 00:13 (Ref:3051066)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And if you have one in the special flaky silver metallic, don't scratch it ... the paint is over $2,000 a litre.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3051159)   #8
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny how when wandering around one in a local showroom,the salesman seems to forget the above facts.
So we settled for a 350z for the time being,that will soon be changed for a 370 though.
Old 31 Mar 2012, 15:38 (Ref:3051303)   #9
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess if u can afford the £75k you can afford the running/service costs...........

I might try and see if i can sneak a MICRA badge onto the back of it
Old 1 Apr 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3051776)   #10
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Funny how when wandering around one in a local showroom,the salesman seems to forget the above facts.
So we settled for a 350z for the time being,that will soon be changed for a 370 though.
Lucky you! I fell in love with the 350Z after a quick blatt round Millbrook a year or three ago....
Old 1 Apr 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3051785)   #11
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB IS THE STIG View Post
I guess if u can afford the £75k you can afford the running/service costs...........

I might try and see if i can sneak a MICRA badge onto the back of it
When you see how many of the older Skyline models are now being run by young lads from the "modified cars brigade", you worry about the future.

Will they realise what it takes to keep one of these on the road? It'll be such a waste.

Last edited by dtype38; 1 Apr 2012 at 21:33.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3052141)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
All I would say to anyone tempted to buy one is do some research on running costs...
Yeah, the Skyline line has always been the same. Whatever it costs you to buy the car you're going to need the same again to run it, especially if you start modifying it.

Last time I asked the question insurance is still a problem with them as well. Due to the stupidly high repair costs if you have the smallest front end impact, there were only one or two companies still offering insurance on them.

I see that 2nd hand GT-R's (with reasonable mileage) have now dropped below £40K though, so one day perhaps...