Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Apr 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3053388)   #26
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ASBO The Stealthmobile

Had it sitting nice and low on the suspension going around the motorway last night. Sitting just over the speed limit when a muppet in a BMW decided to tailgate. Had to resist the urge to wave bye-bye to him!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3056374)   #27
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
I thought that this might be interesting to drive if you want a load-lugger that won't make people look at you. Anzani 325c.c., torque by the bucket.
(Sweet memories from the Observers Book of Automobiles c.1960)

Old 10 Apr 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3056483)   #28
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
I think you'd need a dog called 'Grommet' as a companion!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3056485)   #29
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Crackin' idea!
Old 10 Apr 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3056656)   #30
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Humphrey View Post
We've got an ex-police Volvo estate at work that we use as a fast response vehicle. Not sure what the exact spec is (it's petrol, not diesel) but it goes like absolute stink! Very smooth & comfortable too, plus auto gearbox. We've also got a Skoda Octavia diesel estate, not quite as quick but equally practical. Both look a lot slower than they are!
Check this site out for some real bargains http://expolicecar.co.uk/default.asp
That's why I loved my Vectra estate - it had the 2.5 V6 engine, great for towing, but even better for creeping up behind people on the A12 and them darting out of the way under the assumption it was an unmarked police car.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3056693)   #31
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there a 'Post mid-life crisis all purpose car' thread?
Old 10 Apr 2012, 20:07 (Ref:3056732)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
Scimitar GTE.... a Hot Hatch/Classic/Estate! Woohoo!

Great stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Now that's what I call a "gentleman's estate"...

That is great, they didn't make too many (67 apparently) and is infinitely better than the new sportbrake.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3057050)   #33
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
That's why I loved my Vectra estate - it had the 2.5 V6 engine, great for towing, but even better for creeping up behind people on the A12 and them darting out of the way under the assumption it was an unmarked police car.
Many moons ago I was a member of the Round table, and when a fete was organised one of my mates arranged to borrow a Volvo 740 Estate police car from a constabulary in the South-West somewhere. He drove it from there to Norwich under strict oath not to use the "blues and twos"- he swears he didn't, but the time he took for the trip suggested otherwise.Folks see THAT in the mirror, and assume the worst.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3057053)   #34
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Volvo 740 Estate
Click image for larger version

Name:	bm_and_car.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	36620
They were NICE cars, I had one when I first came over to Ireland, entirely possible to get a double matress in the back with the seats down with NO problems and room for the unassembled bed too from what I remember.

Mine was a manual with the "overdrive" button on the top, so a combination of flicking the button and flooring the pedal produced a level of "bye bye tailgater" that was extremely impressive.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 11:06 (Ref:3057067)   #35
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
They were always a favourite of the antique dealer, since supposedly you could get a standard-sized wardrobe in the back (on its back) and still close the tailgate.

What was the Dudley Moore film about the advertising world - Crazy People? The strap-line was "Volvo - Boxy Cars".