Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 Feb 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3803845)   #2751
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Actually, was there an official announcement from Dynamics that they are entering a new Civic?
Not yet.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 19:54 (Ref:3803864)   #2752
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is it possible they could start the season with the old car?
Old 25 Feb 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3803865)   #2753
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Is it possible they could start the season with the old car?
I was thinking that but i dont think its possible
there have been 7 of the old Civics built to NGTC, 1 has been scrapped, Norlin have 2, and Eurotech/Simpson have 3, leaving Dynamics with 1.
No point building up an "old" civic from scratch for the first couple of rounds when that resource could be pumped into getting a new one ready

I would imagine the test is being used A. to the Cammish up to speed, B. Could they be fitting upgrades which may be testable on the old car.

However could they run Cammish in an old car and Neal in a new one? as Motorbase did in 2012 when they introduced the new Focus?
Old 25 Feb 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3803880)   #2754
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Actually, was there an official announcement from Dynamics that they are entering a new Civic?
Matt Neal has said the new car is behind schedule. https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2018/01/team-dynamics-new-honda-behind-schedule/
Old 25 Feb 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3803883)   #2755
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
However could they run Cammish in an old car and Neal in a new one? as Motorbase did in 2012 when they introduced the new Focus?
Or Cammish in a new one because I'm not sure who's got bigger chances to finish higher in the standings
Answering the question, I think there is a chance but honestly I doubt.
I'd say they were testing some things that are the same regardless of the car.
But still, quite surprising that a 'factory' team hasn't finished building a new car to this point.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3803895)   #2756
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Or Cammish in a new one because I'm not sure who's got bigger chances to finish higher in the standings
Answering the question, I think there is a chance but honestly I doubt.
I'd say they were testing some things that are the same regardless of the car.
But still, quite surprising that a 'factory' team hasn't finished building a new car to this point.
Either/Or, the reason I plumped for Cammish in the older car was purely that we are pretty sure hes in Spain working with it
Old 25 Feb 2018, 22:07 (Ref:3803897)   #2757
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Either/Or, the reason I plumped for Cammish in the older car was purely that we are pretty sure hes in Spain working with it
Yes, you're right about that but hopefully there'll be two new Civics on the grid.
Old 25 Feb 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3803913)   #2758
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
actually for championship purposes, if they did split it, Cammish would be better in the older, already developed car rather than learning the BTCC ropes, getting used to FWD and being tasked to develop a new car at the same time, leaving Neal to get the new model up to speed.

but yeah lets hope for 2 new cars
Old 25 Feb 2018, 23:36 (Ref:3803919)   #2759
Matt K
Veteran

That's a smart reasoning, actually but still hope for two new cars and hopefully Dan will manage to get to grips with all these new things and he'll get some really good results this year. Sad that Shedden will no longer be a part of BTCC and Honda team but, hey, changes are sometimes really exciting!
And Neal won't be around for too many years, too
Old 26 Feb 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3803962)   #2760
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
At the end of the day it all comes down to staff numbers and available time. If they had 25 guys working on the build, I dare say it could be done in 4 weeks, but I guess they have 3-4 guys working on them.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 08:04 (Ref:3803965)   #2761
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DW4qzJBX...jpg&name=large

Shredded Wheat sponsorship now on Tordoff's car
Great spot.

Also, check out AMD doing a spot of pre-season testing. Good for them.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3803985)   #2762
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
At the end of the day it all comes down to staff numbers and available time. If they had 25 guys working on the build, I dare say it could be done in 4 weeks, but I guess they have 3-4 guys working on them.
So what are they going to have in round 1?

Maybe Dynamics really jumped the gun selling the other 2 old Civics to Norlin without having cars ready, what with that, Shedden going and then the Jackson issue, they really have been caught with their pants down this winter!
Old 26 Feb 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3803999)   #2763
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really depends how far along they are with the actual design and engineering side of things. I dare say the final bolting together is the 'quickest' part of the 'build' and once you've got all the bits laid out it wouldn't take too long to piece together (just look at how teams 'rebuild' cars in the pits after a heavy shunt).

Then once car 1 is complete, no. 2 will be a copy and paste job. But if they're still making it up as they go along, troubleshooting, engineering/re-engineering parts waiting on other suppliers then who knows how long that'll take.

I know we can't compare to the recent 9th gen Type R and Tourer 'builds' as they were 'simply' elaborate re-skins of the original NGTC 9th gen hatch but compared to that initial build for 2012 then things do seem to be behind schedule. That car was out testing quite early on IIRC.

I know the 9th and 8th gen cars were similar to some degree, similar shape and layout etc so the move from 8th gen S2000 to 9th gen NGTC 'may' have been easier compared to this time round as the 9th and 10th gen cars are quite different.

There's also the question of how much impetus Honda UK are providing on the engineering side. In 2012 you got the impression they were heavily involved, TD made a lot of reference to having access to the CAD data for the 9th gen car which made life easier (same story as the MG in 2013 when they (MG) provided more information to the team). Since Honda's reduced involvement in 2016 are they getting that same level of information/support?
Old 26 Feb 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3804002)   #2764
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well they must still be getting enough to be at the front and sign top line drivers
Old 26 Feb 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3804017)   #2765
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The Norlin cars: they got one of last years raced cars (think Flashes, but not 100% sure on that) plus a new chassis which I believe was a spare that Dynamics have had for a while.

So pretty sure that Dynamics have only the one old car which is indeed in Spain. It'll give Cam and Neal some running - it's NGTC after all, so Cam will gain some experience of this type of car, and I suppose if push comes to shove could be pressed into action if they don't have both new cars ready for Brands.

As Blitz says, once the first car is done the next is quick and easy in comparison: you work out the problems on the first. BMR took a long time getting Subaru no. 1 together, the other 3 went together in next to no time... although I believe they were sleeping in bags on the workshop floor for the last couple of weeks!
Old 26 Feb 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3804019)   #2766
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The Norlin cars: they got one of last years raced cars (think Flashes, but not 100% sure on that) plus a new chassis which I believe was a spare that Dynamics have had for a while.
All information is on Touring Car Register - to summarise:

The two cars Norlin have are both Ex-Shedden cars.

#2 was ran by Shedden from '12-'15, then Simpson in '16. Re-shelled in '17 after accident in testing, and now with Norlin.
#7 was ran by Shedden in '16 and '17, now with Norlin.

The only previous car TD still have is #5 - ran by Neal from '13-'17.

#1, #4 and # 6 are with Eurotech/Simpson.
#3 is scrapped.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 12:24 (Ref:3804023)   #2767
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM388 View Post
Let's sprinkle some extra conspiracy dust into the mix:

I've just seen on Twitter that Ciceley Motorsport have liked one of the news stories about MJ's departure from Motorbase. What can it mean?!
That they are lining up MJ to drive their Focus?

The car is still described as being a spare car, and not stripped down for parts....
Old 26 Feb 2018, 12:47 (Ref:3804028)   #2768
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The car is still described as being a spare car, and not stripped down for parts....
Probably should be listed as a spares car, rather than a spare car. i.e. being used as a source of spare parts.

Ciceley bought the car with the TBL, which they needed to run the 3rd Mercedes. They don't have have another TBL to run the Focus as well.

Ciceley liking a tweet by another team doesn't have to mean anything. They recently liked a tweet about Red Bull F14 testing but that doesn't mean they are going to offer Daniel Ricciardo a job any time soon.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 12:56 (Ref:3804029)   #2769
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
That they are lining up MJ to drive their Focus?

Jackson wont be in the series this year, possibly not again IMHO

Last edited by btccbloke; 26 Feb 2018 at 13:08.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3804033)   #2770
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Probably should be listed as a spares car, rather than a spare car. i.e. being used as a source of spare parts.

Ciceley bought the car with the TBL, which they needed to run the 3rd Mercedes. They don't have have another TBL to run the Focus as well.

Ciceley liking a tweet by another team doesn't have to mean anything. They recently liked a tweet about Red Bull F14 testing but that doesn't mean they are going to offer Daniel Ricciardo a job any time soon.
Darn you and your sensible responses!!!
Old 26 Feb 2018, 13:11 (Ref:3804034)   #2771
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

I thought it was a firm indication that Ciceley were going to enter F1.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3804037)   #2772
Dudley
Veteran

Dudley has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
wow few names there i had forgotten! Charlie Cox I remember destroying his Mondeo possibly at Thruxton and next time i heard the name i think he was commentating on Moto Gp!
The missing link there is once he stopped driving in BTCC he took over from Murray in commenting on it, which meant when the always unimaginative BBC got the MotoGP gig they transferred him rather than hire someone.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 14:09 (Ref:3804046)   #2773
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(background)

https://twitter.com/AmDessex/status/968122390306836480

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 26 Feb 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3804049)   #2774
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post
(background)

https://twitter.com/AmDessex/status/968122390306836480

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
"Toc". Interesting.

Last edited by thlbtcc; 26 Feb 2018 at 14:19.
Old 26 Feb 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3804050)   #2775
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting picture from AmD testing in Spain as mentioned about, someone with a sense of humour or a clue . Think it’s the former though I’d Love it to TOC back!

Last edited by Jiiiiiiim; 26 Feb 2018 at 14:24.