Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 5 Feb 2008, 09:44 (Ref:2121446)   #1
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Katherine Legge?

Does anyone knows what is happening with Legge?,is she staying in champcar and waht team\s is she testing with at the moment?.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2121560)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Legge was linked to Audi in the DTM however this has gone a bit quiet.

From all the word coming out of Sebring, it doesnt appear Legge will be in a ChampCar in this season.

If she has no full time ride, I could see Tony George throwing her something for the 500.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2121711)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She is still linked with Audi at the moment. I think Dale Coyne had wanted her back as well.

I've been told she has a number of options and is currently considering what to do.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 17:04 (Ref:2121767)   #4
coyote9999
Racer

Canada
Montreal, Canada
coyote9999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honnestly she is not ready for Champ Car. It's my opinion. She was pulled in way too quickly and it backfired. She's a great person but an average racer. The field now is way deeper than what it was when she was second in Atlantics. Personnaly she is better than M. Duno but is a mid-field racer at best. If I were a team owner I would pass. Seems creul but hey then again i'm not an owner or manager.
Old 5 Feb 2008, 17:43 (Ref:2121794)   #5
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She is currently testing with Audi in Le Castellet.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2122065)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For the sports car team I am presuming or for DTM?

Seems the Germans are jumping ont eh girl bandwagon, one in each car.

All a bit coporate and PC, but if they are there on merit then fair enough, does anyone know if they are??
Old 6 Feb 2008, 03:50 (Ref:2122145)   #7
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She's in a DTM car, not the sports car.
Old 6 Feb 2008, 19:15 (Ref:2122685)   #8
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mid field or not she actually won in atlantics- and that's not easy no matter how you slice it... Ms. Patrick and Duno haven't really won anything.
Duno's win in Grand-am could hardly be attributed to her driving more so her team mates carrying her.
Legge could use a proper coach and team leader to help her along. though
Old 6 Feb 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2122718)   #9
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gttouring
mid field or not she actually won in atlantics- and that's not easy no matter how you slice it... Ms. Patrick and Duno haven't really won anything.
Duno's win in Grand-am could hardly be attributed to her driving more so her team mates carrying her.
Legge could use a proper coach and team leader to help her along. though
Have you been reading up on Danica over here gttouring

Legge is one I have been part time keeping an eye on for a while now. It would be good to give her the right equipment and see what comes out of it
Old 6 Feb 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2122736)   #10
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, would like to see Katherine prove the Danica-mania a joke, esp since she seems to have the drive and ability to get it done. Now with some good equipment under her let's see if she gets anywhere, it hasn't helped Danica that much so far.
Old 7 Feb 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2123287)   #11
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kathy does end up with Audi in the DTM I'd be suprised if she was driving anything better than a 2 year old car. So let's not get too excited, although Paul di Resta did very well in older machinery last season.
Old 7 Feb 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2123324)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems the big two in DTM ahve a policy now to ahve a girl in one fo their cars, fair play to em, Suzie was pretty half decent last year and made a few regulars stand up.
Not sure about Legge, THAT crash seemed to really not help, but after watching a few CCWS races her laptimes and that were ok, she should at least be better than Ickx who looked like a fish out of water!!
Old 8 Feb 2008, 00:43 (Ref:2123732)   #13
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like DTM for Katherine, she just posted this on ChampCar Fanatics, she doesn't say she'll definitely be in DTM, but it does sound like she won't be in CC.. shame, as I was hoping she'd get a better drive and show us what she's really capable of..

Hi

I thought i'd drop a line on here to thank you (or the majority of you for your support. I have a couple of friends who let me know what is being said from time to time and I wanted to set the record straight. The fans are the reason we get to go racing and I value their opinion.

I am in talks with Audi and have indeed tested with them. I would be honoured to drive for them this year as they present a fantastic opportunity for my career.

I will be saddened to leave champ car as I had many good times there. I am extremely grateful to everyone involved (especially KK) for the fantastic opportunity I had and would not be here now if it wasn't for the support I received. I love Champ Car and would never say a bad word about it. I wish everyone involved all the success they deserve.

Of course i will stay in touch with the series and hope not to be a stranger.

See you soon

Katherine x
Old 8 Feb 2008, 08:51 (Ref:2123878)   #14
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news,looks like Champcar has finally given up due to poor entry this year and is going to 'merge' with Indycar? Hope this does not mean we will loose my favouite races?
Old 8 Feb 2008, 18:56 (Ref:2124312)   #15
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think all Kat needed was a good engineer she could relate to and one who could really work with her. Plus a team with enough money she didn't always have to worry about the car.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 04:30 (Ref:2128448)   #16
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If CC and the IRL merge wouldn't it be neat to see a Katherine/Danica rivalry? Yeah, it may sound sexist, after all why can't Katherine have a rivalry with a male driver? But you know that the ABC/ESPN/SPEED chromedomes are gonna hype something like that up.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 06:30 (Ref:2128470)   #17
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Kat is still trying to get her Audi deal sewn up.
Old 21 Feb 2008, 13:20 (Ref:2134155)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apparently it's official now MS. Works for me, both Katherine and Jarvis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm.com
AUDI AG targets the successful defence of the DTM championship title with an interesting and strong mix of big names and young talented drivers. Oliver Jarvis (GB/24), Katherine Legge (GB/27) and Markus Winkelhock (D/27) have secured the three remaining cockpits within the Audi factory team for which racing drivers from around the world were in contention.
Old 23 Feb 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2135907)   #19
lnin0
Rookie

lnin0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will miss seeing her but good for Kat. She is a very talented driver and great personality. Hope she does well. Who wouldn't take DTM over the mess that is 'unified' open wheel racing in America? Maybe in a few she will come back and join an organized US OW scene and show what a real racing lady can do - unlike spoiled pouty little media gimmick Danica.