Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 12 Jun 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3740544)   #26
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The new bodykit has no airbox or shark fin. So thereś less room for sponsor logos. I'm surprised they agreed about it.

It looks fine, slightly better than the current ones. But I'm more concerned about the performance.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3740552)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The new bodykit has no airbox or shark fin. So thereś less room for sponsor logos. I'm surprised they agreed about it.

It looks fine, slightly better than the current ones. But I'm more concerned about the performance.
We will have to wait until they start testing. The first test is for the universal kit’s superspeedway oval configuration, on July 25-26 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The road-course configuration will be tested Aug. 1 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, following the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio. Other tests are scheduled for Aug. 28 at Iowa Speedway and Sept. 26 at Sebring International Raceway.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3740880)   #28
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

There's more room on the sidepods because they've removed the blocker.

Old 14 Jun 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3741109)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not been confirmed but it looks like Montoya and Servia will be testing the 2018 aero-kits. There is also more detail about the actual tests, in the article.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130129
Old 14 Jun 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3741128)   #30
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
It evidently was a tough sell HPD and Ilmor as well - they apparently weren't happy with the need to redesign the air intake for the turbos.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 12:20 (Ref:3745189)   #31
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
It evidently was a tough sell HPD and Ilmor as well - they apparently weren't happy with the need to redesign the air intake for the turbos.
That's on them for not knowing a YEAR ago that was a design element management was keen to implement. Or did they not google Champcar do get an idea?
Old 20 Jul 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3753122)   #32
MrBloodmuffins
Rookie

MrBloodmuffins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are some renders of the 2018 car by one of the designers. I would be lying if I said it wasn't one of the best looking modern race cars.

Old 20 Jul 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3753159)   #33
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBloodmuffins View Post
Here are some renders of the 2018 car by one of the designers. I would be lying if I said it wasn't one of the best looking modern race cars.

Some reason, these don't show on Chrome, but so on Tapatalk. And they look good to me!
Old 24 Jul 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3753923)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You must be having Chrome problems, I get them on the desktop and phone versions of chrome.
Old 24 Jul 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3753939)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
You must be having Chrome problems, I get them on the desktop and phone versions of chrome.
My computer has Chromes disease, I guess.

Download Tapatalk already
Old 24 Jul 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3754047)   #36
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/07/...New-car-unveil

I wonder if the sidepods get nervous being so high off the ground.

Chris
Old 24 Jul 2017, 19:55 (Ref:3754054)   #37
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
"The design has allowed for a cockpit windscreen application, when developed."

Note it says when, not if.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 02:15 (Ref:3754134)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
http://www.indycar.com/News/2017/07/...New-car-unveil

I wonder if the sidepods get nervous being so high off the ground.

Chris
i think that looks great from the side!
Old 25 Jul 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3754278)   #39
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut

Old 25 Jul 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3754289)   #40
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
i think that looks great from the side!
Yeah, I didn't mean to be negative about it. Just joking about the ride height. I like it a lot, and I'm really enjoying the action shots. Can't wait to see the road course kit.

Chris
Old 25 Jul 2017, 16:55 (Ref:3754297)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Why it took 7 years still amazes me, considering one of Dallara's original concepts for a new car wasn't too dissimilar.

Anyway, it's finally here and at least visually, is a vast improvement on what went on before, plus the shots of it on track look fantastic. As the car is tested and evaluated, it would be nice to see some visual differentiation between Chevrolet and Honda considered. Otherwise, I'm already looking forward to 2018.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 11:20 (Ref:3754469)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The new Honda body kit in motion, it's a VERY short clip though at Racer.com And the photo gallery.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3754679)   #43
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
MP's walk around from Racer of both the cars at the test is pretty good and lots of closeups.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3756792)   #44
MrBloodmuffins
Rookie

MrBloodmuffins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trackside Online reports that one of the laps during today's test was under the fastest lap of the race yesterday (65.96 seconds) and that it was done on black tires.
Old 1 Aug 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3756802)   #45
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBloodmuffins View Post
Trackside Online reports that one of the laps during today's test was under the fastest lap of the race yesterday (65.96 seconds) and that it was done on black tires.
this is stunning. it is no Cosworth XFE in a Reynard or Lola but this is pretty exciting.

That Cossie by the way was one of my all time favorite engines sounded good and went well and so durable.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3756950)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
2018 car tougher to drive - Montoya

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/131085
Old 12 Aug 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3758995)   #47
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/14...mbs-up-at-iowa

More positive feedback from drivers, with the lower (medium?) down force level, the cars need to be pedaled through corners, so the best drivers will rise to the top.

Chris
Old 4 Oct 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3771839)   #48
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Some interesting comments from Bourdais on aero-kits.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132190
Old 11 Oct 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3773753)   #49
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Chevy and Honda start aero-kit testing.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132341
Old 18 Oct 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3774855)   #50
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Some interesting comments from Bourdais on aero-kits.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132190
I like Bourdais. Lots of depth of experience and seems to be a straight talker. Couple of years ago at a Toronto pre-race event he told me he thought the Pacific Northwest was the biggest untapped market for IndyCar, and that going back to Portland would be good for the series. I hope he was right.