Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 26 Jun 2017, 03:57 (Ref:3746861)   #26
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The director made some appalling decisions. Broke away from some tough sharp-end battles....to look at some backmarker getting dissected in the pits.

Anyway, a great win for Dixie, showin' up that Penske train.
Indycar director isn't the best. He often values watching random cars pit stops rather than an on track battle, or following a car back onto track to see where it ends up. Often the most action is when you see a car rejoin and the battle between him and those on track, whether someone got the undercut or the other way around. The director doesn't seem to understand this and always cuts away.

Good to see Dixon hand it to the dominant Penske team though. There's only 1 driver who could have beaten Penske today, if he ran a flawless race, and he did.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3746954)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Finished this one late last night....

Only Takumasahn could go off at the kink and barely hit anything.

Power was Power.

Dixon was Dixon!

I missed some of the director changes, but I guess I’m used to having “non-motor racing” people directing coverage of motor races. It was much worse for the NASCAR race on the weekend.

And PT naming moves based on drivers is a little rich considering PT “Paul Tracyed” a bunch.

Entertaining race, with lots of passing and battles throughout! Always good to see IndyCars at Road America.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 02:53 (Ref:3747162)   #28
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Finished this one late last night....

Only Takumasahn could go off at the kink and barely hit anything.

Power was Power.

Dixon was Dixon!

I missed some of the director changes, but I guess I’m used to having “non-motor racing” people directing coverage of motor races. It was much worse for the NASCAR race on the weekend.

And PT naming moves based on drivers is a little rich considering PT “Paul Tracyed” a bunch.

Entertaining race, with lots of passing and battles throughout! Always good to see IndyCars at Road America.
Taku... that was the craziest thing I've seen at the kink. He shat himself, for sure.

Dixon is so good. About half way through the race he decided it was time to lead. Once he's out front, it is over.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3747340)   #29
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The visor cam was nice on ovals, but on a road course it's unreal.

I think that onboard cameras shouldn't have stabilizer. The Senna/Prost onboards were more interesting than current ones, as you see everything shaking.

I hate the crawling scorebar. They should use a vertical bar like F1 and MotoGP, or a sliding block like Nascar.
Old 27 Jun 2017, 19:08 (Ref:3747406)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes. More visor cams please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I hate the crawling scorebar. They should use a vertical bar like F1 and MotoGP, or a sliding block like Nascar.
Graphics in American broadcasts are on complete overload.

The flashing of driver name with their car color background is very unnecessary and more than annoying for an indicator of whose on board camera we are viewling. The scroll of BREAKING NEWS at the bottom is very unnecessary because I have access to the world wide web.

The scroll of running order is only worthwhile if you have 30 plus competitors. Or do as you say, have a sidebar "scoring tower" with the top 20 and then the next 10 changing out.

Alas, NBCSN / ABC etc all have graphics departments that have to have something to do so they go way overboard. Just glad it's not fox and a groundhog.

Sorry, don't get me started
Old 27 Jun 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3747454)   #31
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
owrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridowrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Five vs Fourteen

Normally I like to watch from Fireman"s Hill outside turn 5, but this year I decided to migrate to the outside of turn 14. When the sun hid behind the clouds it was downright cold, & windy. Thought the supporting races were pretty good, especially the Pirelli World Challenge; they were driving like NASCAR boys, fenders were weapons, Jon Fogarty found out that three wide doesn't work at RA! The parity of cars and drivers in Indycar doesn't come across well on TV, there are no slackers. Sunday the combination of Mike Hull & Scott Dixon were no match for the Penske gents; Dixon on reds and the Penskes on blacks was no contest, Josef could not gain on Scott. Met a gent from the UK, he wanted to know what "PP" meant. Turn 14 attracts a little different crowd than Turn 5; several high dollar motorhomes. Young couple on a blanket, next to where I was standing, were busy doing what young couples do, quite distracting; "jeez, get a room!" They sure weren't interested in Dixie! Maybe next year I'll try the high rent district over at Canada Corner.
Old 28 Jun 2017, 13:55 (Ref:3747601)   #32
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrforever View Post
they were driving like NASCAR boys, fenders were weapons, Jon Fogarty found out that three wide doesn't work at RA!
Tell that to Santiago Urrutia

Quote:
Originally Posted by owrforever View Post
Young couple on a blanket, next to where I was standing, were busy doing what young couples do, quite distracting; "jeez, get a room!" They sure weren't interested in Dixie!