Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 10 Aug 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2742264)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
’10 ALMS Round 7 • Road America • August 18th – 22nd

......... August 18th – 22nd
Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
RLM
IMSA Site
Spotters Guide
Live SpeedTV rounds "Q"ing Stream
Satellite Upper left of map, select aerial view
Weather
World Times

Qualifying: Saturday August 21st, 3:10pm
15:10 local CDST ( GMT -5/ BST-6 )

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 03:36 (Ref:2742266)   #2
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I am suspecting that Intersport will be "trimmed out" in the least amount of drag set up for this one.

If we can use the previous two rounds as an indicator, the GT battle at RA will be good. Will it be as close as the last two circuits or will the long full throttle runs be enough to allow for gaps to form in the field?

Should be a 500 miler and not 2 3/4 hours, but I guess we shan't get into that here...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 04:52 (Ref:2742272)   #3
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list update.

The entry list is dated 08/05/10 so it still shows Greg Pickett in the Porsche Spyder; probably he will be replaced with a Porsche Factory driver and we'll know later this week who it is. Also to be announced is the second driver for the Libra Racing Radical as Chris Buncombe is driving a similar Radical with a Judd engine in the LMS race at the Hungaroring the same weekend.

Last edited by cbbrit; 10 Aug 2010 at 04:59.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 07:56 (Ref:2742317)   #4
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
seems that the #61 Risi Comp. will do all the races thats good, but a big shame that Extreme Speed isn't helping that much for the manufacturers championship
Old 10 Aug 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2742601)   #5
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
The entry list is dated 08/05/10 so it still shows Greg Pickett in the Porsche Spyder; probably he will be replaced with a Porsche Factory driver and we'll know later this week who it is.
Don't you think it might be Sasha Maasen? Didn't he join them at Sebring as 3rd driver?

DK
Old 10 Aug 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2742604)   #6
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Don't you think it might be Sasha Maasen? Didn't he join them at Sebring as 3rd driver?

DK
No I would not.
Quote:
The team's regular third driver Sascha Maassen is unavailable for the next two races.

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 19:46 (Ref:2742640)   #7
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
No I would not.
L.P.
What about Timo or Romain?
Old 10 Aug 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2742647)   #8
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
What about Timo or Romain?
Romain is in the 88 Felbermayr GT2 Porsche at the Hungaroring 1000km on the same weekend. As for Timo... well...
Old 10 Aug 2010, 20:06 (Ref:2742653)   #9
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I think it would be nice to see Memo (Gidley) in the car with Klause.

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2742697)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I think it would be nice to see Memo (Gidley) in the car with Klause.

L.P.
Yes, he has raced with the team this year, but it was his spin at Laguna that may have cost the team the race, so I would like to see somebody with more Porsche experience. (In case it wasn't obvious, I am still sore about that spin! But I actually don't have anything against Gidly)
Old 10 Aug 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2742705)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love Greg, but when Klaus is in the car, I know it is going to it's full potential. Was it Greg or Klaus that spun (right in front of me) while leading at PLM last fall? That week is still a bit cloudy for me...

I hope that whomever they find to partner with Klaus, that he is of the same caliber. On such "short" notice, that driver may prove to be difficult find.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2742766)   #12
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yes, he has raced with the team this year, but it was his spin at Laguna that may have cost the team the race, so I would like to see somebody with more Porsche experience. (In case it wasn't obvious, I am still sore about that spin! But I actually don't have anything against Gidly)
That's a good point... a sub driver with Porsche RS Spyder experience and the Muscle Milk car would be a real cracker for the next races. So far the Porsche works driver are mostly unavailable... just thinking of Marino Franchitti, he has driven the Spyder for Dyson and has no full ride at the moment. Also Andy Wallace, Butch Leitzinger, Jeroen Bleekemolen and Ryan Briscoe already have driven the car... and I'm not shure but I think Emmanuel Collard too...

Old 10 Aug 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2742770)   #13
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
why not Emmanuel Collard, yes he split with Porsche (Zolder fiasco ?) but a lot of experience with the RS Spyder
Old 10 Aug 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2742798)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Memo Gidley has very close ties to the team and I would think is much less expensive than the others mentioned. And I highly doubt that Porsche is slipping the coin in the slot for a relief driver. Will be interesting to see what develops here.

L.P.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2742799)   #15
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Ooops scratch that.

Collard is under contract with Chevy this season but should be available. Do you really think Timo or any of the others would miss on a chance to drive the Spyder again instead of a GT car? You can't be serious. Sure Porsche tells them to go where they are told, but this is a chance to keep the car in contention for the ALMS title, so I think Porsche is going to throw the kitchen sink at it personally.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 23:24 (Ref:2742809)   #16
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Collard is under contract with Chevy this season but should be available.
he already did VLN/Nurbugring 24 Hours with Abt Sportsline Audi this year. I hope Porsche will call him for a one shot race
Old 10 Aug 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2742815)   #17
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Butch Leitzinger is a good person to throw in the car. He has experience and is free as far as I can remember, but it would always be really good and cool to see Porsche throw a factory driver at it.
Old 11 Aug 2010, 00:45 (Ref:2742832)   #18
trahsub
Racer

United States
Long Island, NY
trahsub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I love Greg, but when Klaus is in the car, I know it is going to it's full potential. Was it Greg or Klaus that spun (right in front of me) while leading at PLM last fall? That week is still a bit cloudy for me...
It was Klaus. . . I was right next to you apparently. How about Patty Long coming through those turns visibly faster than any other GT car! That was sick.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 02:06 (Ref:2743336)   #19
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By my counting (and it is 3am so could be wrong) the last hour of the Hungary race clashes with the first hour of ALMS.

Date clashing I suppose is unavoidable, but to the hour?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2743338)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Yes, a 55min. overlap. End of Hungaroring and beginning of Road America. I will have to fire up both computers and listen to the streams simultaneously.

L.P.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 10:37 (Ref:2743435)   #21
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JC for pole again and he may be hoping for little longer in the car during the race this time?
Old 12 Aug 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2743442)   #22
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
JC for pole again and he may be hoping for little longer in the car during the race this time?
With a freshly built and tight Porsche Spyder and likely a very experienced Porsche driver behind the wheel? I wouldn't bet on it. I also think the low drag configuration you saw at Le Mans on the Highcroft car will be in full use the rest of the way.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 13:35 (Ref:2743539)   #23
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
Ooops scratch that.

Collard is under contract with Chevy this season but should be available. Do you really think Timo or any of the others would miss on a chance to drive the Spyder again instead of a GT car? You can't be serious. Sure Porsche tells them to go where they are told, but this is a chance to keep the car in contention for the ALMS title, so I think Porsche is going to throw the kitchen sink at it personally.
It's possible, but I would be quite surprised.
The RS Spyder program is over for Porsche.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2743580)   #24
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
The RS Spyder program is over for Porsche.
It's not, Cytosport are an officially supported Customer team.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2743793)   #25
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Key word being "customer", just as Highcroft is a "customer" for HPD/Honda Racing NA.