Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Aug 2014, 23:55 (Ref:3446109)   #226
JDM1980
Rookie

JDM1980 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trofeo Vette

Trofeo Vette updated to current 2013 spec, been on test day last week and should be racing at Sandown.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 00:42 (Ref:3446115)   #227
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM1980 View Post
Trofeo Vette updated to current 2013 spec, been on test day last week and should be racing at Sandown.
Thanks for that.
Is that you Jim ?
Old 24 Aug 2014, 21:44 (Ref:3447035)   #228
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed the GT racing at the creek. Muscat's drive from the rear was outstanding as was Luff's.
The GT40 is just a great looking race car and it baffles me how all 65kg of Kevin Weekes can manhandle the beast. Just wish it was a little quicker.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 03:02 (Ref:3447148)   #229
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would have liked to have been there, will have to make do with 7Mate highlights next Saturday. Silly me has booked a week in Perth in Sept, so I will miss my local round at Sandown (insert appropriate curses here). However, I haven't been to NZ for years, so have also booked flights to Queenstown for the Highlands 101, can't wait!
Old 25 Aug 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3447149)   #230
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
Would have liked to have been there, will have to make do with 7Mate highlights next Saturday. Silly me has booked a week in Perth in Sept, so I will miss my local round at Sandown (insert appropriate curses here). However, I haven't been to NZ for years, so have also booked flights to Queenstown for the Highlands 101, can't wait!
The Highlands meeting sounds like a good one. Our local GT series is still about 3-4 competitive cars short of what's needed IMO.
Old 25 Aug 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3447230)   #231
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great racing right through the field-boy the Barton Mawer Lotus Exige S GT3 really got going until the gremlins set in. Bad luck for the other Lotus Exige Cup R of Tony Alford with the car being reduced to a big mess as the result of an unfortunate accident. Luckily Tony is ok after some initial fears and a lengthy time getting him out of the wreck. I don't know if the car will be a starter in the 12 hour in February.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3448749)   #232
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wanna buy a Scudd-mobile? Ad Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Aug 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3448776)   #233
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wanna buy a Scudd-mobile? Ad Here

I take it that's Scuds older/backup car?
Old 29 Aug 2014, 13:20 (Ref:3448845)   #234
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I take it that's Scuds older/backup car?
From the pic, its the 2nd chassis sourced locally from MM..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Aug 2014, 22:37 (Ref:3448959)   #235
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
From the pic, its the 2nd chassis sourced locally from MM..

Cheers

My TV guide tells me that Aus GT is on at midday today for half an hour on 7mate. Probably highlights from Eastern Creek.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3448984)   #236
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watched the coverage and it was fairly decent, despite it being particularly difficult to tell the story of 2 x 1 hour races.

Despite the obvious drawbacks from being more aligned with the V8SA events in 2015, the lack of full race coverage (via online streaming) is a concern. Unless Foxtel will show supports on thier broadcast?
Old 30 Aug 2014, 05:02 (Ref:3448990)   #237
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sepang 12hr on now.

http://sepang12hour.com/index.php/live-timing/
Old 30 Aug 2014, 06:53 (Ref:3449010)   #238
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2740BqaYb0#t=10389

Some sort of live stream, seems to be an hour behind?
Old 30 Aug 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3449011)   #239
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah nah that's not a race stream, just a looping tape of the gridwalk.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3449144)   #240
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
D.R.T Part of the agreement with foxtel is that all of the support races and I believe every session of the v8supercars will be covered.

Can anyone give me a clearer picture as to why the Ferrari's on Saturday all waited for far too long to do their pitstops sitting behind the safety car for multiple laps before going to the absolute back of the field and then having no pace what so ever?

There are some beautiful cars out there atm in aus gt but the way their fields spread out enormously and so quickly shows a huge disparity between 3 or 4 at the front and the rest of the field.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 02:04 (Ref:3449383)   #241
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
D.R.T Part of the agreement with foxtel is that all of the support races and I believe every session of the v8supercars will be covered.
Thanks nafe. Perfect and a pretty good outcome for Australian GT added to the B12 Hour coverage.

Quote:
There are some beautiful cars out there atm in aus gt but the way their fields spread out enormously and so quickly shows a huge disparity between 3 or 4 at the front and the rest of the field.
This is true but due to the make up multiple classes and single and two driver cars it is inevitable.

I still am not sure of the the calculation of timed pit stops (involving qualifying) but hopefully this will improve in time.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3449653)   #242
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All support races, or just the support races who pay a fee to have their races filmed as is the case now?

I hope the former (that would mean we would get the likes of the Radical races from EC last weekend on TV), but fear the latter.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3449756)   #243
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The support race TV coverage for the V8s was something I always appreciated (not many series, national or international really do that) however the randomness of the race always buggered me. Race two and three of Carrera Cup shown, race 1 of Touring Car Masters etc. And obviously most of the time they get shortened anyway because of the schedule running late...

I cannot say I'm into this series as a whole, but anyway: Does Australian GT still have the Friday night race slot at Clipsal? The one run in the dark? Or have they removed it... that was always something the one thing I would've loved tp see as even as sprint race as it was the closest thing you had to the 2000 ALMS Race of a Thousand Years, but it wasn't part of that "selected races shown" deal... if the support series pay for those, I'd though that one would've been on live telly for sure
Old 3 Sep 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3450096)   #244
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The support race TV coverage for the V8s was something I always appreciated (not many series, national or international really do that) however the randomness of the race always buggered me. Race two and three of Carrera Cup shown, race 1 of Touring Car Masters etc. And obviously most of the time they get shortened anyway because of the schedule running late...

I cannot say I'm into this series as a whole, but anyway: Does Australian GT still have the Friday night race slot at Clipsal? The one run in the dark? Or have they removed it... that was always something the one thing I would've loved tp see as even as sprint race as it was the closest thing you had to the 2000 ALMS Race of a Thousand Years, but it wasn't part of that "selected races shown" deal... if the support series pay for those, I'd though that one would've been on live telly for sure
This article shows the series is returning to Clipsal next year after missing this year. http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/08/26/...al-500-return/

Given the make up of 2 x 1 hr races per weekend I would say there is a good chance of the twilight race being reinstated. Clipsal usually sees some gun drivers join the field as well so it should be something to look forward to!

Regarding the questions about the support coverage im honestly not sure I just know that every v8supercar session will be shown live and that Support races are to be included. Wether that's only Carrera cup and aus gt or every single category even if its a one off im not entirely sure. Shouldn't be too hard to find the info on the net.
Old 9 Sep 2014, 02:17 (Ref:3451385)   #245
D.R.T.
Veteran

Entry List for Round 5 - Sandown Raceway this weekend

GT CHAMPIONSHIP CLASS
1. Klark Quinn (Darrell Lea McLaren MP4-12C)
7. Tony Quinn (VIP Petfoods Aston Martin Vantage GT3)
8. Adrian Deitz/Josh Hunt (Ferrari 458 Italia GT3)
29. Jim Manolios/Ryan Millier (Trofeo Motorsport Ferrari 458 Italia GT3)
34. John Morriss (GT3 Factory Porsche GT3-R)

36. Richard Muscat (Erebus Motorsport SLS AMG GT3)
48. Justin McMillan/David Russell (Interlloy Gallardo FL2 GT3)
51. Andrew MacPherson (IMAK Int. Porsche GT3-R)
63. Ross Lilley (Koala Furniture Gallardo FL2 GT3)
75. Steve McLaughlan (JAMEC PEM Audi R8 LMS ultra GT3)
88. John Bowe/Peter Edwards (Il Bello Rosso Ferrari 458 Italia GT3)

GT TROPHY CLASS
5. Kevin Weeks (Supaloc Ford GT)
6. Rod Salmon/Nathan Antunes (Skwirk.com.au Audi R8 LMS GT3)
33. Simon Ellingham (Fastway Couriers Porsche 997 GT3 Cup)
35. Indiran Padayachee (Rentcorp Porsche 997 GT3 Cup)
71. Dean Koutsoumidis/James Winslow (Equity-One Audi R8 LMS GT3)
72. Ockert Fourie/John Magro (OLOF Racing Audi R8 LMS GT3)
73. Michael Hovey/Matt Campbell (Triffid/Triple H Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup)
77. Jan Jinadasa/Dan Gaunt (JJA Consulting Group Gallardo LP520)

GT CHALLENGE CLASS
3. Ben Foessel (Motor School Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup)
25. Brendan Cook/Matt Kingsley (Walz Group Porsche Type 997 GT3 Cup)
50. Darren Berry (Ginetta G50Z)

GT4 SPORTS CLASS
9. Tony Martin (TM Motorsports Ginetta G50 GT4)
19. Mark Griffith (Hog’s Breath Cafe Ginetta G50 GT4)
Old 9 Sep 2014, 12:35 (Ref:3451483)   #246
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's the point in having 997 Cup cars in secondary GT3 class as well as in "Challenge" class...
Old 13 Sep 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3453012)   #247
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Where did the Quinn Macca disappear to between practice and race 1?
NATSOFT doesn't even give it a DNS.
By the way this thread is not going too well since being bumped from the Australian section. I can understand the B12 needing to move but this is more of local interest than international.
Old 14 Sep 2014, 01:04 (Ref:3453057)   #248
D.R.T.
Veteran

I believe it was accident damage in qualifying. The same with Lilley Lambo.
Old 18 Sep 2014, 06:01 (Ref:3454574)   #249
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Tony Quinn in Speedcafe today saying that 5 new cars are entering the championship including a Bentley and 3 "Macca's".
Old 18 Sep 2014, 08:47 (Ref:3454603)   #250
D.R.T.
Veteran

Very good news - especially with the Bentley.

Some other good news from Aus GT is the move for 2015 is to ensure that Pro drivers are partnered with an Am driver. Only Am drivers can now compete as single drivers during an event.