Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 27 Jun 2014, 05:19 (Ref:3427016)   #26
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Only WEC related WMSC decision:

Quote:
ENDURANCE COMMISSION

The 2015 Le Mans 24 Hours will be held on 13-14 June (with a test day on 31 May).
http://www.fia.com/news/world-motor-...il-2014-munich

Looks like they're doing this again well ahead, per the previous WMSC decision which states and LM and F1 GP should not clash.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3427226)   #27
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Only WEC related WMSC decision:

http://www.fia.com/news/world-motor-...il-2014-munich

Looks like they're doing this again well ahead, per the previous WMSC decision which states and LM and F1 GP should not clash.
So no news from the WMSC and Endurance committee? Maybe the EoT will remain what it is for this year till 2015. Not bad I'd say.
Old 27 Jun 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3427231)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
So no news from the WMSC and Endurance committee? Maybe the EoT will remain what it is for this year till 2015. Not bad I'd say.
EoT decision making isn't tied to WMSC meetings alone... Endurance Committee puts out new updates and notifications and (mostly GTE) BoPs every couple of weeks on FIA.com

And in any case the next WMSC meeting happens before championship's following round @ next century
Old 27 Jun 2014, 20:50 (Ref:3427287)   #29
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Exchange of Tricks?
Old 28 Jun 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3427452)   #30
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
RSR Racing unhappy with direction of TUSC and considering a WEC LMP2 effort.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...gram-for-2015/

Would be good to get another American team in the WEC - especially in P2.
Old 28 Jun 2014, 13:00 (Ref:3427465)   #31
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting that a few other teams are thought to be evaluating the wec as a tusc alternative. I liked Paul's quote that said something along the lines of tusc cost $10 and wec $12, so of course I'm going to try and find the extra $2!
Old 28 Jun 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3427617)   #32
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No speculation on the fifth LMP1-H manufacturer that was mentioned?
Old 28 Jun 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3427619)   #33
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
The main thought I've heard, up to this point, is Honda, with support from McLaren.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 03:07 (Ref:3427690)   #34
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a fun one. Reasonably logical too. With Toyota and now Nissan taking part you have to imagine the idea has at least been floated around at Honda.
Old 29 Jun 2014, 15:31 (Ref:3427884)   #35
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proposed change in WEC calendar

It seems to me that certain people within the ACO, seem more concerned with their own "status" rather than what is good for the series.

Further more, I imagine their consulting with all the teams can be translated to......."we talked to the manufacturers".......who clearly are not hampered by any funding needs. Most corporations with their marketing budgets, work from calendar year to calendar year, and have goals in sight they would like to achieve within these time periods. trying to in essence change the calendar, is somewhat asinine!

It's a wonderful idea to have as many as 14 or more races, but I wonder if whoever came up with all of this, has considered how teams other than the manufacturers, will be able to fund this pipe dream? I saw no reference to any funding assistance being given by the ACO...

Perhaps if they take a look back at how the WEC has grown, and now in some cases, shrunken again as some teams prefer doing the ELMS for cost reason, they may wake up to reality. At the moment the WEC is doing ok, but something like this complete change in format could easily kill it off overnight. It could also be the savior of the series, but somehow I won't be holding my breath for this.

If something is working, why try and change it to what is never was for no real valid reason?
Old 29 Jun 2014, 22:57 (Ref:3428268)   #36
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Where did you read "14 rounds"? Or are you just giving a number?
Old 29 Jun 2014, 23:07 (Ref:3428273)   #37
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
14 rounds? Certainly not in the near future! The old WSC rarely had anything more than 8-10 rounds a season, and I believe that's the magic number that the ACO and FIA are maybe looking for.
Old 30 Jun 2014, 01:04 (Ref:3428306)   #38
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Where did you read "14 rounds"? Or are you just giving a number?
Just giving a number, somewhat based on the extra races mentioned, assuming the current ones are not dropped.

However I do agree that perhaps 10 may be a sustainable number. I do not agree that the way forward is this split year format,
Old 30 Jun 2014, 04:32 (Ref:3428370)   #39
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed to that! Having more that 10 rounds is overkill financially. But regarding WEC, I think they should reduce the duration to 4 hours (except for Le Mans) if they want to have 10 rounds.
Old 30 Jul 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3440159)   #40
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
2. fuji oct
The sensible thing to do for whoever wants to race at Fuji is to stay the hell away during the winter months, it's liable to rain so badly that the cars may as well be boats. Seriously, I think it's worse than monsoon season in India. Was at FSW in '12 when some Super Taikyu and GT500 cars were testing, the weather got so bad that the car park flooded in all but at hour and the visibility was less that 75m... Took days for my clothes to dry
Old 18 Aug 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3444880)   #41
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
John Dagys told me on Twitter that he 'would not bet against' Indianapolis hosting a WEC race next year.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3444883)   #42
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 hours of Indy anyone?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3444884)   #43
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcz View Post
6 hours of Indy anyone?
Would be so amazing... I would be doing a happy dance and reserve my tickets tomorrow. WEC at my home track!
Old 18 Aug 2014, 00:19 (Ref:3444887)   #44
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
John Dagys told me on Twitter that he 'would not bet against' Indianapolis hosting a WEC race next year.
Now if only John would even be remotely involved in putting the calendar together...

The most likely choice for the second NA date is Montreal...and it would be a great choice too! Great city, great track.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 00:59 (Ref:3444891)   #45
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
America would like need 3 WEC races to have a remote chance to be popular here.

I wouldn't surprise if Indy has reach out to the WEC after losing their TUSC date. Can't allow that infield to go to waste, can we?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 03:52 (Ref:3444899)   #46
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Will be interested to see how well the WEC does at CoTA this year. That may be the decider for the NA round (or two) for 2015... if the attendance is poor again, I'm not so sure they'd come back (unfortunately for me)!
Old 18 Aug 2014, 08:37 (Ref:3444947)   #47
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Will be interested to see how well the WEC does at CoTA this year. That may be the decider for the NA round (or two) for 2015... if the attendance is poor again, I'm not so sure they'd come back (unfortunately for me)!
No I think that (very sadly) Rodger is right on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Indeed. Unfortunately, the switch to a Saturday race will mean they can say they had the same number of attendees as TUSC, even if they all leave before the WEC begins. So however many are there will be listed as WEC attendance, probably a 400% increase over 2013 or something daft.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3444957)   #48
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Attendance was poor last year for a few reasons. Other sports, no recognition/advertising, separate race days of the double feature are the main one's imo. If you buy a ticket this year, its for both events. So no matter what, the wec and tusc get to say the sales are theirs. Its a win win unless no one bothers to show. I can think of plenty of worse ways to spend 80 bucks.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 10:21 (Ref:3444974)   #49
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
do you think attendance is that important? isn't it more commercially important for them to be there than it is for there to be thousands of spectators there to see it?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3445019)   #50
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
do you think attendance is that important? isn't it more commercially important for them to be there than it is for there to be thousands of spectators there to see it?
Maybe it means more for the track owner, and if it's poor, ACO will have problem keeping the race contract lucrative, not to mention signing further contract with other NA track owners.
Track ticket turnover affects the profit of the track boss, which in turn decides to do business or not with WEC, in short.