Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 17 May 2012, 14:43 (Ref:3075730)   #1
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Classic FF1600 - a thumbs up.

I had my first race with the CFF Club last Sunday and I have to say I'm impressed with the club. The enthusiasm of the club organisers is obvious and the CFF paddock is a very friendly place, with everyone prepared to help others.
The racing is fun but competitive, the cars are definitely interesting to drive, and there is a good variety of chassis.
Great club racing, so full marks to the CFF.
Old 17 May 2012, 19:12 (Ref:3075847)   #2
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Classics

Thanks Mark from all at Classics it was great to see you out . and great to see a PRS being driven as it should be . The other bloke in a yellow one who chose to race at Anglesey has got a challenger for top PRS ! Look forward to seeing you both out at Silverstone . Now the race is on to be the first to topple Stuart .
It looks like we may be in for a bumper season with 8 novice drivers already racing and several returnees .

Peter
Old 17 May 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3075878)   #3
deimh
Rookie

South Africa
London
deimh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear, Hear!!!

Andy and I also had our first run with the Classic Formula Ford guys this Sunday at Brands and we both came away with HUGE smiles!

The cars and racing were fantastic, and only bettered by the Club and its members!

A few examples:

· Even before we had bought the cars and taken our ARDS tests, Club members like Andy, Andrew, Steve and Peter were full of encouragement and gave great advice – as well as a lot of their time to help us get onto the Brands grid
· Leading up to race day, we received a total overview of what to expect on race-day from sign-on through scrutineering, drivers briefing, etc. so we knew what to do when
· The same guys ensured we were looked after at Brands, starting with an area close to the centre of the Classic FF paddock being kept for us to use, with a great welcome from all, and especially from Steve with his offer to help unpack, etc. despite needing to sort his own cars out
· On arriving back at Brands early on Sunday morning, Peter took the time to walk us around the circuit, explaining braking points, what gears to use, what lines to take when – although I’m not sure either of us managed to put much of the theory into practiceJ
· The entire Club (and especially Peter) took us under their wing and helped ensure we got to the right places at the right times for scruitineering, practices and the races, without which I’m sure we would have got totally out of sequence and have been 10 minutes late for everything
· During the course of the day, everyone popped over to say hi and were keen to chat, interested in us and our cars and totally willing to share their knowledge and experiences
· When Andy had his mechanical issues on Sunday afternoon, it seemed half the Classic FF paddock was helping diagnose the problem, with Derek helping Andy strip and rebuild his gearbox and then staying late to check that the engine issue was properly diagnosed before he left (despite needing to drive all the way back to north Yorkshire), similarly Callum, Steve, et al also lent a hand and gave great technical guidance
· On top of all this help on the day, we have since had Ian offer to lend Andy a spare engine so Andy might make the FF grid at Silverstone, Derek offering him his car to drive and Andrew giving me advice on how best to get around the Silverstone GP circuit – and Silverstone is an Historics race, not the with the Classics...

From both Andy and I many many thanks to all – what a great bunch of guys!!!

Regards
Dave
Old 18 May 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3076157)   #4
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS RH01 View Post
..... Now the race is on to be the first to topple Stuart .....

Peter

I suspect Stuart would be quite amused if he was to read this
The race to topple Stuart has gone on for a number of seasons, and only now and again does he get threatened by anyone. Drivers like Steve Hare can do it and win but Steve doesn't race regularly (luckily for me because his Maximus Motorsport team is helping me ).
I have no illusions about my likely results, and I'm sure that applies to many of the drivers, but it doesn't detract from the appeal of CFF1600.
I suspect drivers don't really care that Stuart is in a class of his own and will thus enjoy their racing at the level that applies to them on the day.
CFF1600 caters for all abilities, with good racing throughout the field, plus, it seems to me, the drivers appreciate it's club racing, and open-wheels, so don't drive like rock-apes.