Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 28 Jun 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3099641)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Beetle's Race Track Designs

Many soon to be added to this thread. As the editing system goes away for a post after a while, new posts shouldn't be considered "bumping".

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1...neirotrack.jpg

Rio de Janeiro Street Circuit
Rio de Janeiro is known as the entertainment hub of Brazil and South America. The luxurious beaches, beautiful rain forests, and perfect climate make Rio a perfect place to race.

Rio is rich with history. The still present backwashed slums are a danger, but that adds excitement and a sort of richness and edge to the atmosphere. I've been to Rio once, and I know the feeling there. It is indescribable, but very, very good!

This 3.77 mile track, known just as "Rio", is a long and constantly changing track. The final corner is, interestingly, a chicane, which leads the race on another side of the pit area. If going into the pits, drivers will miss the chicane completely and just enter the pits.

The next stop on the track is the run down into turns #1A and #1B. The cobbles on the track will be smoothed down by asphalt, but it will still be a rough ride! Also, a triangular section of earth will be taken out into turn #1B to ensure safety. Racing back out onto a wider course, we go under a bridge and start the long gradual turn to Gloria, the hairpin at the end. This is known as turn #2, and is one of the most distinguishing features of this race track. Gloria is turn #3, which will be widened largely on the inside, and then turn #4 runs alongside turn #2, bringing us back the other way. From there, a snappy left-hander (turn #5) brings us onto Avenida Rio Branco, where we, after a short straight, go into the roundabout around Chafariz da praça Monroe and turn #6, a gradual turn, and turn #7, a sharper turn, which leads to Avenida Luis de Vasconcelos, the middle of which will be torn down for racing purposes. Turns #8 and #9 go around a lush parkland, and turn #10 slows the drivers down into #11 and #12, a chicane complex, which leads up to a slow corner, turn #13, which leads you down a narrow (about the narrowness of Pau in France), dangerous part of town, Rua Evaristo da Veiga, where a gradual turn #14 leads you past the Theatro Municipal, where you take a sharp 90 degree turn (turn #15), to travel down the longest official "straight" on the track, the back straight, down Avenida Rio Branco, where we were before! This straight is 6/10 of a mile, or .60. Just as you feel you can relax, turn #16 is upon you, which leads you to Av. Pres. Vargas, where you almost immediately take a right (turn #17) to Rua Primiero de Marco. A medium length straight brings you to a chicane, the final corners (turns #18 and #19) and onto the front straight on Avenida President Antonio Carlos. And that's a lap at Rio!

Tear it apart, guys. It's probably really bad. But I tried!
Old 29 Jun 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3099811)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this one. Not the typical right-angle-turns-galore type of street circuit.
The only thing this one seems to lack a bit is a bit more overtaking spots - I see one really good one here. But that's always the thing with street circuits isn't it?

The "tail" section with the hairpin-like turn at the middle really looks exciting.

bio
Old 29 Jun 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3099896)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Thanks. More coming soon!

I like to call Rio, Vancouver, Cape Town, and Sydney the most beautiful cities in the world. That's what I'll be doing next!
Old 29 Jun 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3099909)   #4
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6826/sydneytrack.jpg

Sydney Grand Prix Circuit

Turn Names:
1. Sydney
2. Riley
3-7. The Esses
8. Macquarie
9. Bridge
10. George
11. The Shores
12. The Rocks
13. Suez
14. Harrington
15. Grosvenor
16. York
17. Wynard Corner
18. Garrington
19. Finale

Sydney is, undeniably, one of the most beautiful cities on the planet. From its gorgeous harbor to the magnificent, modernist Sydney Opera House to the backwater seafood restaurants, Sydney is a place with all kinds of charm. But this year, a 3.38 mile street circuit of spectacular proportions runs through the glamorous streets of Sydney. Let's take a lap!

Out of the tight final corner on Margaret Street, we head onto the front straight on George Street. This half-mile straight should provide plenty of passing opportunities, but it comes with a price: a dangerously narrow road, compromised by pit road.

Soon, you're banging down the gears into Sydney, which leads onto a half mile straight down Park Street, where the pit road ends 3/4 the way down. At about that time, drivers will slow down for Riley, where a short straight will lead to turns 3, 4, 5, 6, AND 7, known collectively as "The Esses". You need to slow down into Macquarie, which will take you on a half-mile journey to Bridge Street. Bridge (the corner) leads out just south of the famous Circular Quay and into George. The Shores comes next, which is an approach to the infamous The Rocks, which leads, almost immediately, to Suez. Out of Suez you run past Harrington straight and Harrington corner, distinctly difficult, and into Grosvenor. Out of Grosvenor you head into Wynard Park, going into Wynard Corner, the most picturesque on the track. Finally, you bang it down into sister corners, Garrington and Finale, and you give it full throttle for the long run down the front straight!

And that's a lap at the Sydney GP!

As bio mentioned, Rio is hard to pass on. The same can't be said for Sydney. The three long straights, George, Park, and Macquarie, provide a good area to gain momentum on a car into the next corner. Partly from all the high-speed braking areas leading to hairpins, Sydney is distinctly hard on brakes. Also, the elevation changes are something awful when tires get worn out. The Esses are particularly difficult, because of the immense elevation change up the hill.

Sydney should be able to host touring car races, V8 Supercars, Formula 1, stock cars, and GT racing.

Last edited by Beetle; 29 Jun 2012 at 16:52.
Old 29 Jun 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3100043)   #5
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
G-Map Pedometer link to Rio track. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5536611
Old 30 Jun 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3100254)   #6
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
I'm going to do every street circuit on G-MAP Pedometer now. It's easier and more "portable", as you can log in anywhere you are!
Old 30 Jun 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3100262)   #7
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Two of my street circuits on G-MAP.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5537622
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5537615
Old 12 Jul 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3105691)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
New D.C. circuit.

Old 12 Jul 2012, 18:52 (Ref:3105709)   #9
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've checked out Rio. That is cool! The city is really suitable for streetraces with its wide boulevards. The stretch to the final chicane is a bit narrow. the road is wide enough, but the buildings are almost at the edge of the road. That will make some noise. Great track!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3105714)   #10
Viperion101
Racer

United States
Kansas City
Viperion101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is DC supposed to be a response for King of the Streets
Old 13 Jul 2012, 21:01 (Ref:3106157)   #11
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
I've checked out Rio. That is cool! The city is really suitable for streetraces with its wide boulevards. The stretch to the final chicane is a bit narrow. the road is wide enough, but the buildings are almost at the edge of the road. That will make some noise. Great track!
Thank you kindly!

I'm setting up a Google Docs presentation of over 100 tracks I'm working on! It should take me a couple of months. A little teaser for you... they will include tracks in...

1. Rio
2. Sydney
3. D.C.
4. Other Australian Cities
5. New Zealand
6. South Africa
7. Mexico
8. Canada
9. U.S.A.
10. Argentina

...and many more!
Old 13 Jul 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3106160)   #12
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperion101 View Post
Is DC supposed to be a response for King of the Streets
No.
Old 14 Jul 2012, 00:18 (Ref:3106207)   #13
Puzzle
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Puzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you do wellington I'm gonna go and walk it and tell you all the places gearth has led you astray
Old 14 Jul 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3106219)   #14
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post
if you do wellington I'm gonna go and walk it and tell you all the places gearth has led you astray
I'm doing Wellington, yes! As well as Auckland!
Old 15 Jul 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3106494)   #15
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Balboa Park and Prospect Park parkland road courses in the making!
Old 16 Jul 2012, 03:40 (Ref:3106887)   #16
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
A Brief Update

So let me tell you all what exactly is going on. I am compiling an "encyclopedia" of 50 or so street circuits / parkland road courses from around the globe and putting them on Google Drive in the form of a presentation. A few weeks back, I first started this thread with my successful track in Rio. Then, I tackled Sydney Australia. After that, I did a brief Washington D.C. track, which I have scratched. So you know all that. Where am I now?

I've done two parkland road courses (top secret information) which are to be released soon. Also, I have headed to a second Australian venue, Brisbane, where I've put together one of the best street courses of all time! It only has two 90 degree turns and is 3.93 miles long with two very long straights and wide roads. Next, I'm tackling Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Newcastle, and, of course, Canberra. Melbourne has proved too tricky and boring for me to use, as none of the roads seem to have any curves in them. Also, I'm tackling Wellington (Puzzle, where are you?) and Auckland.

Completed tracks so far...

1. Rio de Janeiro Street Circuit
2. Sydney Street Circuit
3. ??? Mystery Parkland Road Course ???
4. ??? Mystery Parkland Road Course ???
5. Brisbane Street Circuit
6. D.C. was scratched

On the List...

1. Perth
2. Adelaide
3. Gold Coast
4. Newcastle
5. Canberra
6. Auckland
7. Wellington
8. Cape Town
9. ??? Mystery Asian Parkland Road Course ???

Also on the list to do in the near future are some European tracks.

Now, I will release the Google presentation to the public once I have finished with all my Australian/NZ tracks. So when I'm done with Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Canberra, Auckland, and Wellington, this will be released. That date is hovering around a week from now!

See you soon with some great tracks!
Old 17 Jul 2012, 01:35 (Ref:3107431)   #17
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Updates!

Here is my updated list of tracks.

Rio de Janeiro Street Circuit
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3.63 mi
Street Course

Sydney International Street Circuit
Sydney, Australia
3.39 mi
Street Course

Balboa Park Circuit
San Diego, United States
3.31 mi
Parkland Road Course

Prospect Park Raceway
New York City, United States
3.64 mi
Parkland Road Course

Brisbane Street Circuit
Brisbane, Australia
3.92 mi
Street Circuit

There are your updates, for ya! All the tracks I've been talking about that I've completed so far. Now, Puzzle, my skills are going to be put to the test with Wellington!

Last edited by Beetle; 17 Jul 2012 at 01:43.
Old 9 Jan 2013, 04:47 (Ref:3186695)   #18
hapenkop
Rookie

hapenkop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Here is my updated list of tracks.

Brisbane Street Circuit
Brisbane, Australia
3.92 mi
Street Circuit

Whoa, the Brisbane Street Circuit is wicked! I love how you put a very good mix of fast and slow sectors in this city! Amazing job!