Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 10 Mar 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3216743)   #1
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Goran Malmberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New engine in "hemipanter"

A tread for streetcars! So I like to show my streetcar then that just got a new engine in it, a 9.4 liter Hemi motor. Apart from the old engine this one is all aluminium that reduuces the weight of the car to 2310 pounds or 1050 kilo.
Interesting to see how it perform as soon as the snow is gone...

Old 14 Mar 2013, 22:43 (Ref:3218588)   #2
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
9.4 ltr Hemi in a 1 tonne car road

That's completely mad Goran... and totally awesome! If anyone else built it I'd suspect it would fold in two when they put their foot down, but being you I'm guessing everything has been properly worked out

Yes, definitely not a car for the snow....
Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3218773)   #3
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
9.4 ltr Hemi in a 1 tonne car road

That's completely mad Goran... and totally awesome! If anyone else built it I'd suspect it would fold in two when they put their foot down, but being you I'm guessing everything has been properly worked out

Yes, definitely not a car for the snow....
Hello dtype38, it was a while ago. It's fun to be able to afford to buy an aluminum block to my car. My car's not a race, but more a spectacular creation built on emotional grounds. It's fun to digress a little from pure engineering feats and mixing in both emotion and design. But of course the car must work perfectly. A little excessive construction also has the advantage to provide experience and clarify what impact a "hyperbole" brings. Then we must not forget that it's a snap to get behind the wheel of the car, it wakes ones mind up.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3219727)   #4
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to hear the hemipanter is still evolving Goran! Are you able to desribe how much faster you have made the car over the years?
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:52 (Ref:3220534)   #5
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
Nice to hear the hemipanter is still evolving Goran! Are you able to desribe how much faster you have made the car over the years?
It is not so easy to know how to describe the performance, it requires well-arranged test (that eliminate the driver skill) if one is to judge from reality. Theoretically, I know that the car is lighter and more power in the engine, so the acceleration rate should be faster now. It is mostly acc at speeds over 100 km/hr, for it is only then that tire grip begins to suffice. But then we have cornering and braking performance where aerodynamics have a lot to say and it is not as developed in my car. I would say that the braking performance is slightly better now than before because got more weight over the rear wheels, so it might make an improvement of 5% compare to for 5 years ago. I've driven on racing tires in all the years before, but now I have Pirelli P Zero, and it does not provide the same grip.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3220577)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
What a tool, completely insane of course but what a car!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3221535)   #7
Goran Malmberg
Racer

Sweden
Stockholm Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
What a tool, completely insane of course but what a car!
Agree, the car is insane. But I have gone into a bit in the dreamland, old musicians who I am, and then get the emotions a little more free games. It feels great to allow the street car to become more spectacular as it still can not be built like a racing car. I think it's fun and I hope that more people think it's funny to see in one of the many pieces boxed existence.
Goran