Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 3 Oct 2018, 13:56 (Ref:3854293)   #126
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I know. I just didn't want to create a sparsely populated MPV thread.
I understand the avoidance of a separate MPV thread, but wouldn't the B-Class fit better in the 'Small and Family Cars' thread?
Old 7 Oct 2018, 14:12 (Ref:3855211)   #127
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
That's an SUV?? Looks like more like a hatchback that grew a bit, a TINY bit
Such a tiny bit that it kinda just looks out of proportion than anything else. Bonnet looks like it melted.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3857281)   #128
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
BMW X7

5.15 m long
265-400 hp

Old 17 Oct 2018, 15:37 (Ref:3857310)   #129
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope that front end looks better in real life than that image
Old 18 Oct 2018, 18:10 (Ref:3857600)   #130
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not even going to mention the front end, that's just bad. But the rear arch is all out of proportion too. The gap between the wheel and the window is massive. It makes the car look stretched height-wise.
Old 18 Oct 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3857612)   #131
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The whole car looks out of proportion.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 03:17 (Ref:3857661)   #132
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks awful. Without BMW badges on it I would have thought it was a badly executed Chinese knock off.
Old 19 Oct 2018, 06:52 (Ref:3857681)   #133
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
It looks awful. Without BMW badges on it I would have thought it was a badly executed Chinese knock off.
A bit like the X1 front end
Old 19 Oct 2018, 13:57 (Ref:3857748)   #134
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Spot on! Except the knock off would probably have looked better......

Hideous!
Old 19 Oct 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3857779)   #135
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Old 25 Oct 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3859159)   #136
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Volkswagen T-Cross
(not to be confused with the T-Roc)

4.11 m long
95-150 hp engines
Front-wheel drive only

Old 25 Oct 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3859180)   #137
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post

4.11 m long
95-150 hp engines
Front-wheel drive only
Reads like the specs of a hatchback, not an SUV.

IIRC, that would be too small to be eligible for btcc regs?
Old 25 Oct 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3859183)   #138
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Without any scale I'd have said it was the newest version of a Golf on oversize rims
Old 26 Oct 2018, 04:05 (Ref:3859240)   #139
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Without any scale I'd have said it was the newest version of a Golf on oversize rims
It's closer to the size of a Polo!
Old 26 Oct 2018, 18:14 (Ref:3859328)   #140
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I like it.
Old 26 Oct 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3859334)   #141
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
The T-Cross will be a success in Latin America.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3865746)   #142
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Ranger Rover Evoque

4.37 m long
150-300 hp engines

Old 28 Nov 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3866585)   #143
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Honda Passport

It's claimed to be more off-road capable than the Pilot.

4.85 m long
3.5L 280 hp gasoline engine
9-speed automatic gearbox
Front- and four-wheel drive

Old 3 Dec 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3867665)   #144
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Kia Soul

150-200 hp gasoline engines
140 kW electric engine, 64 kWh battery

Old 3 Dec 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3867697)   #145
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I liked the old Soul. It was different enough to be funky but not different enough to be horrible. This one straddles the wrong side of that line.
Old 3 Dec 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3867730)   #146
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I liked the old Soul. It was different enough to be funky but not different enough to be horrible. This one straddles the wrong side of that line.
Particularly in that colour.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3867835)   #147
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I’ve got a hi-viz that colour!

It’s almost as if Kia thought- “We sold a reasonable number of the previous model, so if we make it less odd / funky we’ll sell more.......”

No.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3867933)   #148
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Am I the only person on the planet that doesn't get the point of SUV's?

The basic rule seems to be - take a hatchback, make it taller, increase ride height add general chunkiness. So basically you get a heavier, worse handling car - that costs more to buy, more to run and has no advantages over the equivalent sized hatchback.

What am I missing?
Old 4 Dec 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3867937)   #149
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Am I the only person on the planet that doesn't get the point of SUV's?

The basic rule seems to be - take a hatchback, make it taller, increase ride height add general chunkiness. So basically you get a heavier, worse handling car - that costs more to buy, more to run and has no advantages over the equivalent sized hatchback.

What am I missing?
Higher ride height improves visibility and it gives the illusion of safety. I like driving the work van because of the visibility. And to be honest, whilst we here are sensitive to things like handling, most people aren't - they just want a vehicle that drives at 70mph and goes around corners. SUVs fit that.

Not saying it's a good idea, but for most it works.
Old 4 Dec 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3867944)   #150
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Higher ride height improves visibility and it gives the illusion of safety. I like driving the work van because of the visibility. And to be honest, whilst we here are sensitive to things like handling, most people aren't - they just want a vehicle that drives at 70mph and goes around corners. SUVs fit that.

Not saying it's a good idea, but for most it works.
I always feel liking I'm sitting on an SUV rather than in it. Not a fan of high driving position - it's like driving a van

Height aside, the extra weight means that fuel consumption is worse, acceleration is worse, braking is worse. The safety aspect is also, as you say, an illusion.

A friend has a Ford Kuga - I was surprised how little space there is inside it given how big it is.